Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> star wars fans, what is the correct term?
which name would you like to be called
which name would you like to be called
star wars nerd [ 2 ] ** [7.14%]
star wars geek [ 5 ] ** [17.86%]
star wars freak [ 1 ] ** [3.57%]
star wars fan [ 13 ] ** [46.43%]
star wars connoisseur [ 2 ] ** [7.14%]
eternal slave to george lucas [ 5 ] ** [17.86%]
Total Votes: 28
Guests cannot vote 
Invisible Painting
post Nov 6th 2005, 5:34 AM
Post #25

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(Gate Jumper @ Nov 6th 2005, 7:10 AM)
The thing is with that, Anakin is wearing jedi robes like Obi Wan and Yoda, he doesn't wear anything like that in the episode 3. And they replaced the old b/c when they originally shot it they didn't have the episode 3 Anakin to base his appearance off of. The jedi ghosts look like they do when they are killed or die so Anakin technically died when Darth Vader was created so Anakin's ghost should look like young Anakin.

Yeah but thats not when he did. He perished on the D.star after he turned back to the good side. Surely thats the 'anakin of old'. The fact is anakin was the same person when he changed. If he wasnt the same how could he change back at the end?? If youve seen episode 3 are you saying that the moment he changed in palpatines office the character got destroyed?? Because thats NOT the impression i got!!! It doesnt make sence to me showing hayden at the end of jedi. And its one reason why im glad ive got the episode on VHS.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Priestess of Daniel Jackson
post Nov 7th 2005, 2:28 AM
Post #26

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,949

Okay..when Anakin pledged himself to Palpatine, at that moment, he became Vader. Anakin as we all knew him (Ep's One through Two) was gone. He was no longer following the light of the Force. Fast forward through all the years leading to 'Jedi'. Once Vader realized Luke was about to die, he became Anakin again. Killing Palpatine made that happen, he was accepted by the light and redeemed.
Yes, replacing 'old Anakin' boggled the hell outta me when I saw it, but it makes sense. This is from the novel (remastered) of 'Return of the Jedi' right at the scene where Luke is looking to the Force Spirits: ['And then he saw them, two shimmering apparitions that appeared before him in the darkness. Yoda and Ben Kenobi. Then a third apparition materialzed beside them--a figure whom he instinctively knew was a younger Anakin Skywalker, from the days before his Jedi father's fall, his features unscarred... and happy. Luke was right: He was a Jedi like his father before him.']

So, it makes sense Anakin would show up *before* he was consumed by darkness, before getting burned by the fires.
+Quote Post
Matman
post Nov 7th 2005, 2:31 AM
Post #27

where's my gameboy...
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 10,164

QUOTE(invisible painting @ Nov 6th 2005, 5:34 AM)
Yeah but thats not when he did. He perished on the D.star after he turned back to the good side. Surely thats the 'anakin of old'. The fact is anakin was the same person when he changed. If he wasnt the same how could he change back at the end?? If youve seen episode 3 are you saying that the moment he changed in palpatines office the character got destroyed?? Because thats NOT the impression i got!!! It doesnt make sence to me showing hayden at the end of jedi. And its one reason why im glad ive got the episode on VHS.

So, it makes sense Anakin would show up *before* he was consumed by darkness, before getting burned by the fires.

Spankyou very much.
+Quote Post
post Nov 7th 2005, 2:42 AM
Post #28

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

blink.gif um..welcome
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Nov 7th 2005, 8:05 AM
Post #29

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Yeah but he agreed to become darth vader in palpatines office, because he could save Padme. When he put on the suit wasnt when he became evil. The fact is he made the active choice to become it to save padme, at that point when he first agreed to work for pale, an evil transition didnt take place he just simply felt forced to do it. And then he was evil but it didnt seem like at that point he was consumed by evil. Thats what i mean. It was a simple decision at that point. Not a...well you know what i mean.
What your saying makes sence, im just not sure how it can fit in with how and when he did change.
+Quote Post
Ryanski87
post Nov 7th 2005, 3:09 PM
Post #30

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,178

QUOTE(Priestess of Daniel Jackson @ Nov 5th 2005, 4:10 AM)
lol.. I'm a Star Wars freak. Haven't been called a geek though. Whenever I start on a rant about any of the movies, most of my friends look at me like I'm insane, or get that 'blank stare' look because they have no clue what I'm talking about.

I find many of my friends have not seen any of the Star Wars movies. crying.gif I just tell them they haven't been cultured enough and eventually I get them to watch.

If anyone makes fun of Star Wars fans, I just tell them about the 501st legion and all the volunteering they do for kids and that makes people really think about who they are making fun of.
+Quote Post
Ringbearer
post Nov 7th 2005, 7:22 PM
Post #31

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,892

QUOTE(Ryanski87 @ Nov 7th 2005, 2:09 PM)
I find many of my friends have not seen any of the Star Wars movies.  crying.gif  I just tell them they haven't been cultured enough and eventually I get them to watch.

If anyone makes fun of Star Wars fans, I just tell them about the 501st legion and all the volunteering they do for kids and that makes people really think about who they are making fun of.

huh? huh.gif unsure.gif
+Quote Post
post Nov 8th 2005, 2:06 AM
Post #32

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

[Invisible:Yeah but he agreed to become darth vader in palpatines office, because he could save Padme. When he put on the suit wasnt when he became evil. The fact is he made the active choice to become it to save padme, at that point when he first agreed to work for pale, an evil transition didnt take place he just simply felt forced to do it. And then he was evil but it didnt seem like at that point he was consumed by evil. Thats what i mean. It was a simple decision at that point. Not a...well you know what i mean.
What your saying makes sence, im just not sure how it can fit in with how and when he did change.]

Palpatine was lying point blank to him about saving Padme, and he bought the lie, not realizing it *was* a lie. Anakin was already on the road to evil, long before the fight with Obi-Wan. His hunger for more power veered him off the Jedi path, leading him straight into the hands of Palpatine. *Who* was already playing both sides of the field, if you will. Acting as a senator long before Ep One took place, being Sidious also. Every single event leading up to the Clone Wars was prodded by him. The code of 'Order 66' was implanted into the subconcious mind of each trooper, to be activated by Palpatine when the time was right.

[Ryanski:If anyone makes fun of Star Wars fans, I just tell them about the 501st legion and all the volunteering they do for kids and that makes people really think about who they are making fun of.]

The 501st is Vader's personal Trooper company. What volunteering are they doing??
+Quote Post
Osy
post Nov 8th 2005, 8:13 AM
Post #33

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,065

QUOTE(Priestess of Daniel Jackson @ Nov 8th 2005, 2:06 AM)
[Ryanski:If anyone makes fun of Star Wars fans, I just tell them about the 501st legion and all the volunteering they do for kids and that makes people really think about who they are making fun of.]

The 501st is Vader's personal Trooper company. What volunteering are they doing??

Priestess, to find out what the 501st is, click.... 501st Legion Info
+Quote Post
Lord Malice
post Nov 8th 2005, 6:04 PM
Post #34

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,704

Order 66 was a General Order in the event of a Jedi inserection. It was not a subconcious command or some sort of "Manchurian Canidate" Brain washing. It was one of many orders practiced and dissemenated to the GAR. The 501 st is a great organization with outposts all over the world. George Lucas honored them by adding the unit to episode III and other EU material. In episode III the 501st made their grand debout when Darth Vader lead them into the Jedi temple to destroy the Jedi traitors that lived there. starwars.gif

And as far I know there is no blanket term for SW fans like Trekkies or Trekkers. I believe Star Wars fans is it. We all know Fans is short for Fanatics, the only qeustion is. How Fanatic are you?

This post has been edited by Lord Malice: Nov 8th 2005, 7:17 PM
+Quote Post
post Nov 9th 2005, 2:49 AM
Post #35

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lord Malice @ Nov 8th 2005, 3:04 PM)
Order 66 was a General Order in the event of a Jedi inserection. It was not a subconcious command or some sort of "Manchurian Canidate" Brain washing. It was one of many orders practiced and dissemenated to the GAR. The 501 st is a great organization with outposts all over the world. George Lucas honored them by adding the unit to episode III and other EU material. In episode III the 501st made their grand debout when Darth Vader lead them into the Jedi temple to destroy the Jedi traitors that lived there. starwars.gif

And as far I know there is no blanket term for SW fans like Trekkies or Trekkers. I believe Star Wars fans is it. We all know Fans is short for Fanatics, the only qeustion is. How Fanatic are you?

Well..okay..I *didn't* know the 501st was real, sorry if I bashed something I had no knowledge of.

And Order 66 led to the Jedi Purge, which happened shortly after the Clone Wars.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Nov 9th 2005, 12:53 PM
Post #36

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Priestess of Daniel Jackson @ Nov 8th 2005, 7:06 AM)

Yeah i know that he was being guided by palpatie before he turned. But he thought he was good before that. And i suppose he was. Ok i get what your saying.
So now this question is: when anaken apeared at the end of episode 6, at what point would that anakin have been from?? Before episode 3 or simply at the start of it given when he did turn??

This post has been edited by invisible painting: Nov 9th 2005, 12:54 PM
+Quote Post
Dr. Danny Jackson
post Nov 9th 2005, 9:47 PM
Post #37

Major
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,190

That looked to me like it was an older Anakin, maybe it was him from the time he died but the force healed him when he joined it?
+Quote Post
Matman
post Nov 9th 2005, 9:55 PM
Post #38

where's my gameboy...
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 10,164

QUOTE(invisible painting @ Nov 9th 2005, 12:53 PM)
Yeah i know that he was being guided by palpatie before he turned. But he thought he was good before that. And i suppose he was. Ok i get what your saying.
So now this question is: when anaken apeared at the end of episode 6, at what point would that anakin have been from?? Before episode 3 or simply at the start of it given when he did turn??

Just from some point in ep 3 before he turned.
+Quote Post
Lord ?okar
post Nov 10th 2005, 12:24 AM
Post #39

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,933

QUOTE(wack @ Sep 30th 2005, 3:37 AM)
They are called Warsies. You can find them in Star Trek vs Star Wars debates. Check out the biggests ones here.
When Rabid Warsies Attack

They are so gek they publishe personal details of the site owner on the net. They spend their time invading Trek sites and making created their pro-Trek troll.

That last sentence makes no sense at all. They've never invaded a Trek site (except that one) and we spend a little time in our days here. Are we "gek"?

If you can possibly avoid it never go to st-v-sw.net and that way you'll never be privy to the gratuitous bad science going on.

This post has been edited by Lord ?okar: Nov 10th 2005, 12:26 AM
+Quote Post
post Nov 10th 2005, 2:38 AM
Post #40

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

In a manner of speaking..yes..the Force healed Anakin when he joined it. If he would've remained a Sith (never killed Palpatine, never saved Luke) the Force would've rejected him, and done what it did to Palpatine's body.

I've strayed far from those SW vs. ST sites. Most of them are stupid and don't know what they are talking about, lol..
+Quote Post
Lord ?okar
post Nov 10th 2005, 8:18 AM
Post #41

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,933

If he would've remained a Sith (never killed Palpatine, never saved Luke) the Force would've rejected him, and done what it did to Palpatine's body.
According to?

Whereas much non-canon material states that Palpatines appearance was due to his own powers "consuming" him, it's clear from ep3 that his own lightning damaged his body and made him that way in seconds.
+Quote Post
post Nov 11th 2005, 1:47 AM
Post #42

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lord ?okar @ Nov 10th 2005, 5:18 AM)
If he would've remained a Sith (never killed Palpatine, never saved Luke) the Force would've rejected him, and done what it did to Palpatine's body.
According to?

Whereas much non-canon material states that Palpatines appearance was due to his own powers "consuming" him, it's clear from ep3 that his own lightning damaged his body and made him that way in seconds.

No..not that.. Hear that howl after Palpatine was tossed down that shaft in the 2nd Death Star? It was the Force rejecting him for all the years of drawing on dark power. And besides, Palpatine had been hiding his true appearance, over using the Force lightining only sped up the process. We all know now that Anakin's scaring came from getting burned alive, pale complexion from being in his suit.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Feb 10th 2006, 1:25 AM
Post #43

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

The Dark Side corrupts. The more you walk that path the more it will consume you, both mentally and physically. Play Knights of the Old Republic I or II... Think of it like.... when you frown it makes frown lines on your forehead. Force wielders are highly advanced humanoids usually. Their minds reach far beyond their own bodies. Their hatred corrupts the body. Darth Sion, for instance... ugliest dude... held himself together with the Force. The mind has a strong influence on the body.
+Quote Post
poundpuppy29
post Oct 3rd 2007, 11:41 AM
Post #44

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,703

I consider myself a Star Wars Fan but I voted for Star Wars Geek that term doen't offend me but I am not obsessed and I love all of Science Fiction I love Star Wars and Star Trek equally along with Stargate and Babylon 5 and Farscape I think Stargate is Tops with me
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 30th 2014 - 9:23 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.