post Sep 18th 2005, 12:50 AM
Post #1

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Season 2, Episode 10 - The Lost Boys
Air Dates - US: September 23 2005, Canada: September 26 2005

The team locates the missing Lieutenant Ford, who is leading a group of young men altered by Wraith enzyme, and who wants the team's help in a suicide attack against a hive ship.

Episode Guide | Spoilers | 209/210 Teaser

(This topic is for people who have seen the episode to discuss it. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't read this topic.)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
stargater1225
post Sep 23rd 2005, 9:04 PM
Post #2

Civilian
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,217

Oh, this was a great episode. Awsome cliff hangar. I can't wait for the premiere. This episode had some great quotes:

First:

John Shepard is on a Wraith Dart and he loses all control. Then the autopilot engages. He responds with: "That's not good. R2 I need you to turn the autopilot off right now!" I couldn't stop laughing, it was so fricken hilarious.

Second:

When John lands the Wraith Dart and opens the canopy some Wraith are coming at him and he looks at them and says: "Could you change the oil?" Then he pulls out a P90 and shoots them. Yet another hilarious stargate moment.
+Quote Post
Aquila
post Sep 24th 2005, 12:13 AM
Post #3

First Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,810

I LOVED this epsiode, as aforesaid, it has got to be one of the best cliffhangers of the series. I just couldn't get enough...especially when they took down all those Wraith. Wow.

I'll probably think of some more things to say later. Good stuff!!!!!! w00t.gif

Aquila The Ancient
+Quote Post
Matman
post Sep 24th 2005, 12:25 AM
Post #4

where's my gameboy...
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 10,164

QUOTE(stargater1225 @ Sep 23rd 2005, 9:04 PM)
First:

John Shepard is on a Wraith Dart and he loses all control. Then the autopilot engages. He responds with: "That's not good. R2 I need you to turn the autopilot off right now!" I couldn't stop laughing, it was so fricken hilarious.

lol, I missed that when watching, I knew he said something I just wasn't paying attention, but yeah great episode, "check the oil" line was great too. Can't wait to see the premiere.

This post has been edited by Gate Jumper: Sep 24th 2005, 12:26 AM
+Quote Post
Erised
post Sep 24th 2005, 8:47 AM
Post #5

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,232

Great episode! Anc Ford is an idiot! Now because of him the Wraith know that Atlantis wasn't destroyed. I wish Ronan would kill him!

Poor Sheppy sad.gif
+Quote Post
rkenshin
post Sep 24th 2005, 11:29 AM
Post #6

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,063

You think Canada will get to see the next set of eps early again like last Season? (think s1 2nd half showed starting late November?)

Otherwise great ep, drugged up Teyla, thought she was going to jump Ronan, hehe
+Quote Post
Ilzy
post Sep 24th 2005, 1:04 PM
Post #7

First Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,299

As much as I hate to say that in the terms of a cliffhanger this episode was better than the SG-1 one. However in the terms of storyline I still like SG-1 better smile.gif

The R2 line was awesome! And I really liked how the storyline was unfolded bit by bit until it came to the grand picture. Wonder what the Wraith lady is planning to do with Shep.
+Quote Post
Ghostdraconi
post Sep 24th 2005, 4:14 PM
Post #8

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,964

This might be off-topic but are the female wraith sort of like the borg queen.
I've only seen two so far (not counting Ellia) and it would fit with the whole insect/hive theme.
+Quote Post
Evil Wraith
post Sep 24th 2005, 4:49 PM
Post #9

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,852

I liked the part when the guys fell to the abyss inside the hive ship because of the autopilot..... that was funny smile.gif
+Quote Post
Lt.ColonelHaylee
post Sep 24th 2005, 8:07 PM
Post #10

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,428

I also need to know where i can download this ep, damn that Hurricane!!
+Quote Post
rkenshin
post Sep 24th 2005, 11:20 PM
Post #11

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,063

Can someone confirm a reused actor from SG-1?

It's the tech geek working for Ford, the guy who showed McKay around explaining more stuff about the Wraith

He was the servant of Baal's back on SG-1 ep 'Summit' & 'Last Stand'??
+Quote Post
usmctech99
post Sep 24th 2005, 11:54 PM
Post #12

SILENCE!!!! I Kill you!
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,693

QUOTE(rkenshin @ Sep 24th 2005, 10:20 PM)
Can someone confirm a reused actor from SG-1?

It's the tech geek working for Ford, the guy who showed McKay around explaining more stuff about the Wraith

He was the servant of Baal's back on SG-1 ep 'Summit' & 'Last Stand'??

Yep, that's Paul Anthony

user posted image user posted image
+Quote Post
Pitry
post Sep 25th 2005, 6:04 AM
Post #13

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 745

Ah, it bugged me why he's familiar.

R2 line was great, definitely earned an appreciative snigger.

Argh. Y'know when Ford talks about wanting to go home. And Sheppard mentions his granparents. For a moment there I thought we're back to seeing some of these great Ford moments of Siege and Runner. Then there was the "you didn't really buy that" speech. Yup, why make Ford more human if all we can do is make him kick more arse. Sigh. I don't like unhinged Ford. I thought I did. I thought I really enjoyed seeing him afraid and wanting their approval and whatnot. But it's become only a matter of "you're trying to make me look bad" etc etc. Boring.

The Teyla\ Ronon fight was painful to watch. I mean, c'mon people. Okay. So the enzyme hurts your ability to make rational decisions, we got that. I really hope this would merit a good re-hab episode, that they won't just brush it off in half a sentence. And that it won't be a Need rip-off, either.

Once again, it left me indiffernet. I can't say it was a bad episode, cos it wasn't. Just... indiffernet. Right, so we learn a bit more about the Wraith. That's cool. I wish they would have pressed that subject more, isntead of re-hashing some old season 5 Rebel Jaffa scenes with Ford and Co. the constant "look at us we're cool" fight practice scene Atlantis has in abundance really don't interest me. It'd be cool to have once in a while, but it's like.. if it's not Teyla and Sheppard, Teyla and Ronon, Ronon and X, Ford and his pals, Genii.... it's constantly there. Ah, meh.
+Quote Post
hobo_joe20
post Sep 25th 2005, 3:31 PM
Post #14

Brigadier General
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,055

Did anybody else notice that the stun guns Ford's men were using looked remarkably like the guns used in SG-1 Season 3 "New Ground"? I couldn't help but notice a striking similarity, both in purpose and look. Probably just a re-used prop.

Good episode overall. Loved Shep's lines, as was already mentioned.

I'm very curious as to what the machine that they put Ford into does (unless the wraith have telekenetic powers now?).

One other thing that bothered me: the wraith starting to segregate?? I'm sorry but I really wanted the wraith to keep all similarities to the Goa'uld to a minimum. Looks like that outlook is changing ...
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Sep 25th 2005, 7:31 PM
Post #15

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,565

Hobo however, I think it is unrealistic to have a species with as many people as Wraith nation has and for there not to be differences between some of them. This point has always seemed extremely unrealistic and has bothered me. I was quite pleasantly pleased that when they did this.

USMC when I was watching the episode I was like damn where have I seen that guy before. Finally it came to me but by than 10 minutes had gone by with me not paying attention to the episode. laugh.gif

This was definitely a much better cliffhanger than SG-1. That one just plain sucked. This one was very well done. Pitry I agree the mantra for SGA seems to be to show 'cool hand to hand fighting'. As there does not seem to be an other clear link between the episodes. No central life or death battle that keeps or gives purpose for them to even be in Pegasus galaxy. I mean they were there to find the cool and powerful weapons left there by the ancients to help the SGC to once and for all beat the Goa'ulds. The Goa'ulds are dead and gone so what exactly is the reason they are still in Pegasus? Why? blink.gif

This post has been edited by Auntie Em!: Sep 25th 2005, 7:34 PM
+Quote Post
seymour
post Sep 25th 2005, 7:50 PM
Post #16

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,394

QUOTE(Pitry @ Sep 25th 2005, 6:04 AM)
..........The Teyla\ Ronon fight was painful to watch. I mean, c'mon people. Okay. So the enzyme hurts your ability to make rational decisions, we got that. I really hope this would merit a good re-hab episode, that they won't just brush it off in half a sentence. And that it won't be a Need rip-off, either.

Once again, it left me indiffernet. I can't say it was a bad episode, cos it wasn't. Just... indiffernet......

I too was definitely indifferent about this episode.. dare I say even bored......
+Quote Post
Rin Daemoko
post Sep 25th 2005, 9:32 PM
Post #17

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,072

QUOTE(stargater1225 @ Sep 23rd 2005, 9:04 PM)

That truly was the highlight of episode for me.

Click for Spoiler
+Quote Post
Pitry
post Sep 26th 2005, 5:07 AM
Post #18

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 745

Em, I think the problem is actually the Wraith. They were an excellent adversary - for one season. The writers have thrown themselves into a catch. You can';t move an over-all plot, because that would make the Wraith know Atlantis still exists, thus re-creating the Siege, and while that was an excellent episode, it can only be done once before it gets boring. For the same reason, the team can't really fight the Wraith, can they? It's stagnent and stuck., What we had with SG1, the first season, there wasn't an over-all plot. But while there was bad guy number 1 (Apophis), there were various smaller bad guys, Goa'ulds, Jaffa etc, the Replicators... Atlantis has already established that the only bad guys - real ones - out there are the Wraith. The Genii are too ambiguous to push aplot for more than a couple of episodes, unless they go through some massive change. And you have no other forces in the game. In SG1, by season 2, you did have the Asgaards, rebel Jaffa, something. Atlantis is cornered ion season two by the same thing that made the second half of season 1 so great.
+Quote Post
Cons
post Sep 26th 2005, 7:38 AM
Post #19

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,860

great episdoe, loved the "can you change the oil line".
one thing that i noticed is that when shepperd was standing with the women wraith she kinda moved her hands and he fell to his knees. do the women wraith have special abilities like kalen from prototype.

dave
+Quote Post
Athena
post Sep 26th 2005, 8:30 AM
Post #20

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,204

I too was laughing out loud at several of Sheppard's comments. I think he has made references to Star Wars before if I'm not mistaken. Kind of reminds me of the times on Stargate when Jack made references to the Wizard of Oz.

In addition to the lines that a lot of people have mentioned, I also liked it when Ronon tells Ford, "If he [Sheppard] dies, you die." I thought that was sweet. He's obviously bonded with the team, including Sheppard.
+Quote Post
youngjediboy
post Sep 26th 2005, 8:36 AM
Post #21

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,547

Well the Wraith can communicate with each other telepathically... so I guess it's safe to assume that the more powerful Wraith beings have more abilities.

Either way, the villains on both Stargate shows are slowly turning into the Sith. 1.gif

Also both shows now have a group/race of morally ambiguous people who depend on some kind of drug: Wraith enzyme using castaways (do we have a term for them yet?) and the Tritonin using Free Jaffa.
+Quote Post
seymour
post Sep 26th 2005, 9:15 AM
Post #22

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,394

QUOTE(youngjediboy @ Sep 26th 2005, 8:36 AM)
........Also both shows now have a group/race of morally ambiguous people who depend on some kind of drug: Wraith enzyme using castaways (do we have a term for them yet?) and the Tritonin using Free Jaffa. 

Good catch.

Atlantis S1 seemed fresh and original. Season 2 is using too many plot devices from SG-1 ........hire some new writers!
+Quote Post
hobo_joe20
post Sep 26th 2005, 9:16 AM
Post #23

Brigadier General
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,055

QUOTE(youngjediboy @ Sep 26th 2005, 9:36 AM)
Well the Wraith can communicate with each other telepathically... so I guess it's safe to assume that the more powerful Wraith beings have more abilities.

See, I don't know about this comment. Afterall, it appeared as though Sheppard was in some kind of device. Maybe the hand wave was some form of semi-telepathic was of activating the device itself ...
+Quote Post
Ty_dA_maNn58
post Sep 26th 2005, 11:49 AM
Post #24

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,545

This episode was really good, I wish Ford would come back and stay on the show for good, as a wraith uber soldier. but I HATE the cliffhanger part of it cuz im dieing to see how it all turns out
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 30th 2014 - 2:52 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.