Rating  4
blackbelt83
post Dec 20th 2005, 3:09 AM
Post #145

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,345

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Dec 20th 2005, 1:35 AM)
I agree Blackbelt. If they did get that weapon to work the series would pretty much be over. I think that is why the weapon will work only in close proximity to an Orii.

I agree but something els has to happen or they wouldent have ordered season ten the ori seem to me to be the opening of sevral seasons especialy sence the show doesent seem to be lossing momentom seems to be gaining it more so know.
I honestly hope that we are not even close to the end.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Dec 20th 2005, 3:55 AM
Post #146

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 8,565

920 spoiler.

Click for Spoiler

So yeah I think it will continue in S10.

This post has been edited by Auntie Em!: Dec 20th 2005, 3:56 AM
+Quote Post
Ziu
post Dec 20th 2005, 1:35 PM
Post #147

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,813

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Dec 19th 2005, 1:58 PM)
It would also put the Atlantis team in danger along with all the humans that exist in Pegasus. i doesnt seem fair to send the Priors to Pegasus to defeat the Wraith then have them subjugate the humans.

My idea is to have the Ori be tight up with an enemy that could not be defeated that quickly. Once they turn their attention to the humans, the Ancients might then finally get off their butts and batttle the Ori.

Bottom line, it was just a thought to spice up both SG-1 and SG-1 Atlantis. whistling.gif
+Quote Post
blackbelt83
post Dec 20th 2005, 6:27 PM
Post #148

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ziu @ Dec 20th 2005, 1:35 PM)
My idea is to have the Ori be tight up with an enemy that could not be defeated that quickly. Once they turn their attention to the humans, the Ancients might then finally get off their butts and batttle the Ori.

Bottom line, it was just a thought to spice up both SG-1 and SG-1 Atlantis. whistling.gif

I think it is an interesting idea It would keep them busy for a while if nothing els it might give us some time to find something to fight them with
one thing I was wondering about was in the gene davice that anubis was using worked why dont they advance a normal human like anubis did to kaylak? then we would have some one at the same level as the priors or maybe even higher.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Dec 20th 2005, 8:03 PM
Post #149

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

What is the point of that image? It refers to nothing that is being discussed in this thread.

QUOTE(blackbelt83 Yesterday @ 11:27 PM)
I think it is an interesting idea It would keep them busy for a while if nothing els it might give us some time to find something to fight them with
Sending the Ori to Atlantis to fight the Wraith is pointless. The Atlantis team would have no enemy and the Human population would be forced to worship the Ori or be killed. If the Ori are removed from SG1 for a while, the show would become boring as they would have no enemy to fight.
+Quote Post
blackbelt83
post Dec 21st 2005, 1:43 AM
Post #150

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Dec 20th 2005, 8:03 PM)
What is the point of that image? It refers to nothing that is being discussed in this thread.

Sending the Ori to Atlantis to fight the Wraith is pointless. The Atlantis team would have no enemy and the Human population would be forced to worship the Ori or be killed. If the Ori are removed from SG1 for a while, the show would become boring as they would have no enemy to fight.

I think it is still an interesting Idea I think with that sg-1 could spend there time looking for a lost power full wepon Like season seven when they where looking for atlantis and even if the ori new about peguses I dout they would leave are galaxy completly. I dont know if it would be practical but it would be interesting to se the wraith and the priors fight.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Dec 21st 2005, 8:26 AM
Post #151

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(blackbelt83 @ Dec 21st 2005, 6:43 AM)
I think it is still an interesting Idea I think with that sg-1 could spend there time looking for a lost power full wepon Like season seven when they where looking for atlantis and even if the ori new about peguses I dout they would leave are galaxy completly. I dont know if it would be practical but it would be interesting to se the wraith and the priors fight.

Then what? SG1 find a new weapon that can defeat the Ori and do so, what happens after that? Another new enemy would have to be created. The Ori are not going to be defeated within a couple of seasons, they are going to be around until the end of the show.

This post has been edited by Dafmeister: Dec 21st 2005, 8:27 AM
+Quote Post
Halb
post Dec 21st 2005, 8:49 AM
Post #152

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,998

I like the eps that do not deal with the 'great' enemy of the series, the one-offs. Mostly these are the ones that deal with the relationships between the characters, and the situation of the Stagate program on Earth. I would like like it if the series went in this direction, though I do also like the eps where we take on vast galactic foes as well. wink.gif
I think much more could be made out of Baal on Earth, running for office, getting control of the Stargate program etc.
+Quote Post
blackbelt83
post Dec 21st 2005, 4:08 PM
Post #153

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Dec 21st 2005, 8:26 AM)
Then what? SG1 find a new weapon that can defeat the Ori and do so, what happens after that? Another new enemy would have to be created. The Ori are not going to be defeated within a couple of seasons, they are going to be around until the end of the show.

no I agree its wouldent happen any time soon it would be close to the end of the series but once they get rid of the ori someone els will turn up its just how it works take the ancients for example even at theat level they still have an enemy to fight they also had the warith befor they where acended if they dint have some kind of enemy to beat or some chalange to over come there would be no point in the show. even in real life if you whent from day to day with no new chalages it would be pointless Brytac " life for the sake of life is not worth living" threshold season five.

it would be cheesy if they diffeted the ori in one season and then suddenly some one els showed up. but they have to have some one to fight and the ori wont last for ever.
+Quote Post
The Shadow
post Dec 29th 2005, 10:24 PM
Post #154

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,326

QUOTE(Parmenides @ Dec 13th 2005, 5:33 PM) *

Overall, it was a pretty good episode, what with the return of Orlin, the 'revelation' (come on, it was nice to have it verified! 1.gif) about the Ori, and the drama of the Gerak/Jaffa storyline, but there were some things that left me a bit disappointed...

The sudden decline of Gerak - I liked how it was handled, generally, but I think it all felt a bit rushed. It would've been nice if we'd seen him gradually succumbing to the lure of the Ori, rather than have him just jump off the deep-end.

Cameron Bright's acting - from quite possibly one of the freakiest kids you'll ever meet (if you've seen Birth or Godsend, you'll know what I mean), I was expecting a better performance. He wasn't bad, but a lot of the time I felt he was just rattling off his lines, and the pace of his speech was quite forced, as if he was emphasising wherever he saw '...' on the script.

Dr. Lee - he seemed entirely out of character in this episode! I thought he was part of the threat, at the beginning of the episode, because he was screaming and laughing all over the place! Continuity is paramount.

Hammond's 'cameo' - do I predict a "STARGATE WELFARE RECIPIENT OF THE WEEK" coming from glom? What was the point of Hammond being there? I mean, really! That was just so pointless...

The cliffhanger - I know it was a cliffhanger...but it sure as hell didn't feel like one! I'm just not caring about the melodramatic viral threat...and to be honest I don't mind waiting to see what happens to Orlin, or with Gerak.

Hmph...FOUR weeks until more SG-1? That's pushing the boat a bit, Sky...I'm not best pleased! :mad:

Landry.gif

I already know what's going to happen anyways, they are going to figure out the problem, that's it!!!!

I quite agree that Cameron Bright's acting wasn't all that good in the beginning, it just seems that he is merely reciting the lines, but I think the parts with Sam in the end and the moment when they were in Hazmat suits were pretty awsome, my favorite line, "Not unless you're hugry for toast." was delivered with the perfect tone and sarcasm. I'm dying to see what he can do in Part 2 now that he can finally relax a little. I saw pictures of him out with the SG teams so I guess he's getting some action.

Well, at least now we know that Hammond is not dead, and I really don't know why he was here but it was nice to see him.

Although it is predictable what the ending will be, the unpredictable part is what they will do and how they will do it that could change. If not that, I'm just waiting to see what little Orlin can do against the Prior, and what Gerak will do with the Council.

And not to mention who was Landry talking about when he said, "Have him contact me as soon as he lands." Is it the president??? Is it Jack O'Neill??? Or maybe prehaps it is Young Clone O'Neill finally coming back for some action after almost 2 years. I guess we will just have to wait. w00t.gif

DARN IT!!!!!! I HATE WAITING!!!!!!
+Quote Post
Ziu
post Dec 30th 2005, 12:00 PM
Post #155

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,813

QUOTE(The Shadow @ Dec 29th 2005, 10:24 PM) *

I already know what's going to happen anyways, they are going to figure out the problem, that's it!!!!

I quite agree that Cameron Bright's acting wasn't all that good in the beginning, it just seems that he is merely reciting the lines, but I think the parts with Sam in the end and the moment when they were in Hazmat suits were pretty awsome, my favorite line, "Not unless you're hugry for toast." was delivered with the perfect tone and sarcasm. I'm dying to see what he can do in Part 2 now that he can finally relax a little. I saw pictures of him out with the SG teams so I guess he's getting some action.

Well, at least now we know that Hammond is not dead, and I really don't know why he was here but it was nice to see him.

Although it is predictable what the ending will be, the unpredictable part is what they will do and how they will do it that could change. If not that, I'm just waiting to see what little Orlin can do against the Prior, and what Gerak will do with the Council.

And not to mention who was Landry talking about when he said, "Have him contact me as soon as he lands." Is it the president??? Is it Jack O'Neill??? Or maybe prehaps it is Young Clone O'Neill finally coming back for some action after almost 2 years. I guess we will just have to wait. w00t.gif

The wait will be over next Friday. king.gif

DARN IT!!!!!! I HATE WAITING!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Dec 30th 2005, 12:47 PM
Post #156

General
Group Icon

Ziu why did you make that post? This thread is for episode discussion. You havent added anything to the discussion.
+Quote Post
startreksuite
post Jan 1st 2006, 9:19 AM
Post #157

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,622

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Dec 30th 2005, 12:47 PM) *

Ziu why did you make that post? This thread is for episode discussion. You havent added anything to the discussion.

Dafmeister, Ziu did add to the discussion, he said the episode would conclude next Friday, which answers the question when will the conclusion be shown. The time and airdate of the episode concluding this one still stays on topic!
w00t.gif
+Quote Post
Parmenides
post Jan 1st 2006, 9:25 AM
Post #158

Birds ate his face.
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,770

QUOTE(startreksuite @ Jan 1st 2006, 2:19 PM) *

Dafmeister, Ziu did add to the discussion, he said the episode would conclude next Friday, which answers the question when will the conclusion be shown. The time and airdate of the episode concluding this one still stays on topic!
w00t.gif

I think I must have made the same mistake as Daf, and just seen one big quote box, from the previous post, and nothing else, my eye skimming over the one new line that Ziu had added...inside the quote box, for some reason! biggrin.gif

Just ten whole days until FHII!! ph34r.gif
+Quote Post
glom
post Jan 2nd 2006, 3:13 PM
Post #159

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,673

Now that we're halfway along the season, the time is right to say that I think the departure of RDA is the best thing that could have happened to SG-1 at this point. It was great when he was there fully and seasons 2-4 can still be considered the golden age of the series, although season 9 is certainly working hard towards reclaiming the former glory. But, this state of limbo with him during season 7 and 8 were unbearable. The series had to be worked around his limited schedule and that meant far too much was contrived to deal with this operational issue at the expense of the overall thing. We have disparate episode pairs like 'Enemy Mine' and 'Avenger 2.0' that show how fragmented the series had become with Amanda Tapping shooting one while Michael Shanks was shooting another. They were good episodes, but the lack of the team forced upon them by this problem meant they were betrayed from their full potential.

Now that RDA is gone, a huge ball and chain is cut loose and the series can focus on the entertainment first rather than working itself around him. This difference shows with a season that has really gelled very well, like the golden seasons. Then, it was 'The O'Neill Show'. When O'Neill started skiving, show didn't know what it was. It tried to be 'The O'Neill Show' as much as possible but of course couldn't. It meant there was too much of a feeling of filler a lot of the time as the other characters bided time before another attempt to be 'The O'Neill Show'. Now it is has once again regained focus. It has become 'The Daniel Jackson Show' and is better for it.

Then we have Mitchell. There is some kind of a rule that confidently heterosexual males must make heavy use of irreverent humour. Fortunately, I despite this similarity, I don't feel we are dealing with O'Neill clones. O'Neill's humour is very cynical in nature with a dose of couldn't-give-a-damn. Shepherd's humour is more playful, having fun with the moment if not fully taking in the big picture. Mitchell is more exuberant, enjoying the wacky things he's experiencing more than the others.

The only problem I have with Mitchell's introduction is the way he was catapaulted to the head of the team. Sure, his introduction in 'Avalon part 1' was exquisite in execution, which is why that episode is so excellent, but there are rather sexist tones in it. I always thought Mitchell would become the fourth man with Carter still in charge. Amanda Tapping's maternity leave gave an opportunity to put Mitchell in charge and then have her rejoin after, but there is still a feeling that somehow the producers were not prepared to allow Amanda Tapping to become the leader of the series. She was the leader of SG1 in season 8, but RDA was still the main character in billing, if not in screen time. Why couldn't Amanda Tapping have been given top billing?
+Quote Post
suntzu
post Jan 2nd 2006, 11:26 PM
Post #160

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,801

QUOTE(Ziu @ Sep 26th 2005, 5:18 AM) *

This conflict sounds a hell of a lot like the "Shadows" vs the "Vorlons" from the series 'Babylon 5'.
Again, score one for my side, the writers have to go and new writing blood is needed, somebody with a new imagination instead of recycling old successful SciFi shows. king.gif

well since it has already been mentioned, the ori do resemble militant islamo facist nazi terrorists of al qaeda and countless other terroristic thugs around the world ( ie. the plo, hamas, al qaeda, islamic jihad, and many many others and funny in that they are religious extremists also and particularly islamo extremists at that ). anyway the point is well taken and the ori are even using a weapon of mass destruction to wipe out independent thought, freedom of choice and liberty of the intellect of reason. as for babylon 5 though, it was not a "successful" show!! more like a t#*d polluting the great sea of science fiction television.
+Quote Post
blackbelt83
post Jan 4th 2006, 8:13 PM
Post #161

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

This friday four horsemen part two. I hate waiting. I want to see how sg-1 is going to catch that prior and cure all of the people in the us. I know it will happen but I want to still see the story I think this will be a great secound half to the season.
+Quote Post
Seiko
post Jan 5th 2006, 2:57 PM
Post #162

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,711

Hey blackbelt, I am now in season 5 episode 10, and here (in Holland) season 5 new episodes comes once a week :(:(:( So...I have to wait much much more longer to the Ori's.:(
+Quote Post
blackbelt83
post Jan 5th 2006, 5:02 PM
Post #163

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Seiko @ Jan 5th 2006, 2:57 PM) *

Hey blackbelt, I am now in season 5 episode 10, and here (in Holland) season 5 new episodes comes once a week :(:(:( So...I have to wait much much more longer to the Ori's.:(

wow I dint know that you guys where that far behinde, can you buy them on DVD and skip a head? that might help you get cought up. I thought it was pain full knowing I have to wait 30 hours to see the premier. also if you can get it on DVD you dont have to wait throught all the breaks you can just sit and wach them all at once that would be cool. I think that is one of the hard parts of waching the series from the start there is not as much suspence cuz you know waht it s going to happen, dont get me wrong its still awesome. But it just dosent have the same feeling as the first time. sorry got a littel of subject but hope you can get it on DVD.
+Quote Post
Scaraby The Se7enth
post Jan 6th 2006, 10:39 PM
Post #164

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,782

Woah Woah Woah, hold on a moment... I just checked out the Fourth horseman's trailer and at the end it said that it's the season final.. WTF?!?! This season then only has like 10 or 12 episodes! I thought they had to have enough for 5 dvds?
THAT MAKES SCARABY ANGRY!! GRR SCARABY ANGRY, NOT GOOD!

-[//Scaraby The Se7enth]

EDIT: Man, I'm so sorry... I just looked at the Season 9 info and found out about more episodes... I'm soo sorry, I'm still getting learning about this webstei but I hope I become a very good member....
Sorry again....

This post has been edited by Scaraby The Se7enth: Jan 6th 2006, 10:45 PM
+Quote Post
startreksuite
post Jan 7th 2006, 5:09 PM
Post #165

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,622

QUOTE(Scaraby The Se7enth @ Jan 6th 2006, 10:39 PM) *

Woah Woah Woah, hold on a moment... I just checked out the Fourth horseman's trailer and at the end it said that it's the season final.. WTF?!?! This season then only has like 10 or 12 episodes! I thought they had to have enough for 5 dvds?
THAT MAKES SCARABY ANGRY!! GRR SCARABY ANGRY, NOT GOOD!

-[//Scaraby The Se7enth]

EDIT: Man, I'm so sorry... I just looked at the Season 9 info and found out about more episodes... I'm soo sorry, I'm still getting learning about this webstei but I hope I become a very good member....
Sorry again....

You think you're having a hard time being a good member? Don't worry! I have supposedly spammed the forum, inadvertently leaked info on a future episode, etc. There was even a member (not me) who got into an argument about what was said in an episode, with a member and an administrator. We're both still here!
Have fun while you're here. Enter the Stargate gatefire.gif
+Quote Post
Andorian15
post Jan 7th 2006, 5:26 PM
Post #166

:)
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,943

dude, you got in an argument with Arc ohmy.gif w00t.gif Good thing he's not like other admins and can handle things like that without banning people whistling.gif

If you don't mind me asking, what was the argument about.
+Quote Post
kirsti
post Jan 10th 2006, 11:05 AM
Post #167

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,142

just a quick question for the viewers in the uk or anyone who no's when episode ten is airing in the uk.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Jan 10th 2006, 12:19 PM
Post #168

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(kirsti @ Jan 10th 2006, 4:05 PM) *

just a quick question for the viewers in the uk or anyone who no's when episode ten is airing in the uk.

Episode 10 aired about 3 weeks ago. Chances are that it wont air again until next year. Episode 11 airs tonight at 8pm on Sky One.
+Quote Post

8 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 1st 2014 - 1:46 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.