post Aug 27th 2005, 11:47 PM
Post #1

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Season 2, Episode 8 - Conversion
Air Dates - US: September 9 2005, Canada: September 12 2005

Colonel Sheppard begins to undergo a disturbing physical transformation.

Episode Guide | Spoilers | Teaser

(This topic is for people who have seen the episode to discuss it. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't read this topic.)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Pleiam
post Sep 9th 2005, 8:24 PM
Post #2

Airman
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,528

I don't get it. How could Weir forget so soon what happened with Ford escaping. Sheppard should have been in the brig as soon as he got back from that mission and not left wandering around.
+Quote Post
Lt.ColonelHaylee
post Sep 9th 2005, 9:34 PM
Post #3

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,428

QUOTE(Pleiam @ Sep 9th 2005, 7:24 PM)
I don't get it. How could Weir forget so soon what happened with Ford escaping. Sheppard should have been in the brig as soon as he got back from that mission and not left wandering around.

All I know is that Weir is getting more and more annoying. She basically doesn't make any command decisions by herself, Sheppard does. And so when its to the point where he cant make any, she's lost. It drives me nuts, they need someone actually capable of leading to command atlantis. But i donno, maybe shell get better.

I am quite enjoying the whole Sheppard/Teyla dynamic, the sexual tension is increasing, which makes for great television. That kiss was hot, and it seems they both wanted more.

Overall it was a great show, action, suspense, and sexual tension. And of course more Beckett, which is nice.
+Quote Post
rkenshin
post Sep 10th 2005, 12:31 AM
Post #4

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,063

Ronan's gun is super powerful to stun Pumped Up Sheppard so easily..

Even multiple Wraith stunner blasts didn't phase Sheppard one bit..

They need to mass produce more of Ronan's favorite gun and make it standard issue..
+Quote Post
Christy
post Sep 10th 2005, 1:18 AM
Post #5

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,098

Im also finding it interesting how Weir doesnt seem to be making a lot of decisions herself...it seems since the start of the series she had trouble issuing commands and then it has just gone further into this season.
I want to see how this all plays out.
Good episodes so far though, so no complaints...They've all been interesting.
+Quote Post
RJLCyberPunk
post Sep 10th 2005, 10:42 AM
Post #6

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,415

I liked this episode. It had even a bit of sexual tension to boot! biggrin.gif
a 6 out of 10...
+Quote Post
Lana_Jackson
post Sep 10th 2005, 1:14 PM
Post #7

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,937

Holy Hannah!! John kissed Teyla!! w00t.gif

I really loved Conversion! It was a awesome episode! An angsty......whumpy......mutating John Sheppard! Oooooooh.....I love it!! I also loved it when John came into Elizabeth's office to ask to go on the mission (can just smell the sexual tension.....I'm a Sheppard/Weir Shipper. tongue.gif ), and when Elizabeth tells him "no" for the fourth time, he smashes the glass window. I loved when Elizabeth visited John in his room. And, the second time, he confronts her and slams her against the wall. Wicked stuff, man. I loved when John climbed the walls like Spider-Man. Pretty cool.

cool.gif
+Quote Post
Annunaki
post Sep 10th 2005, 1:27 PM
Post #8

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,478

Weir just doesn't seem to take what people say seriously. Sheppard even told her that he wasn't safe to be around and to up the security guarding him but she just makes up her mind that she will be safe going in his room by herself hours later.
+Quote Post
tauri129
post Sep 10th 2005, 4:28 PM
Post #9

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,046

QUOTE(rkenshin @ Sep 10th 2005, 12:31 AM)
Ronan's gun is super powerful to stun Pumped Up Sheppard so easily..

Even multiple Wraith stunner blasts didn't phase Sheppard one bit..

They need to mass produce more of Ronan's favorite gun and make it standard issue..

That would be awesome! good ep. Teyla and John make the best couple!
+Quote Post
seymour
post Sep 10th 2005, 4:39 PM
Post #10

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,394

QUOTE(Annunaki @ Sep 10th 2005, 1:27 PM)
Weir just doesn't seem to take what people say seriously.  Sheppard even told her that he wasn't safe to be around and to up the security guarding him but she just makes up her mind that she will be safe going in his room by herself hours later.

I agree. Also, just before Sheppard broke out of his room, one of the security guards warned her not to go inside but since dismissed his accurate warning and went alone and unarmed. (Is Weir meant to be the Daniel Jackson of Atlantis?) Maybe Col. X-Files should be in charge.

Two security guards killed looking for the eggs but no-one really seemed to mind (as long as the principle cast members are ok, happens in all TV series).

A "not-much-Rodney" episode, and about time.
+Quote Post
gatenut
post Sep 10th 2005, 6:08 PM
Post #11

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,513

This ep was great I loved it from Sheppard running with Ronan to when it hit me that
the commander of the Daedalus was the ''Skin man'' as Mulder would put it from the ep (HOLLYWOOD A.D. ) I was like Holy s&^% when did this happen blink.gif anyway vary
good ep it seems that SGA is much better than SG1 these days all I can say to the TPTB is keep up the good work. bow.gif

10/10 king.gif
+Quote Post
Christy
post Sep 10th 2005, 6:55 PM
Post #12

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,098

They dont loook much the same do they...when they ar ein different clothes than what we are used to seeing.
+Quote Post
SomeEvilGuy
post Sep 10th 2005, 7:18 PM
Post #13

Airman Basic

Member No.: 9,924

Having the whole Sheppard/Ford thing so close together made it all seem a little repetative, plus, they didn't leave it so that there would be the "slow transition" back to normal shep over a few eps, that would have been better that just completly fixing it.
+Quote Post
ted_simple
post Sep 11th 2005, 6:29 AM
Post #14

SIR Ted Simple
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 3,194

It was a great kiss. I can't understand that Teyla didn't enjoy it secretly. She is so dull. She should have given John a hint in the last scene. Instead she put the conversation to rest as soon as he brought it up. Okay it was awkward for him and she eased his mind, I give her that much credit. But shouldn't Teyla be wondering whether Sheppard used his condition as an excuse to act as he has always wanted? I think to some degree he did it on purpose, and if a closed man like him does that, doesn't it ought to mean something? Why isn't she curious?

And Elizabeth is having even more difficulties to open up. Oh yes her bedside manners... that was the truest sentence that Shep spoke. I'm not saying I want to see Dawson's Creek... but I am tired of the characters making baby steps. Correct that, I particularly mean our two girls = sleeping pills!

This post has been edited by ted_simple: Sep 11th 2005, 6:32 AM
+Quote Post
Pitry
post Sep 11th 2005, 6:37 AM
Post #15

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 745

Ah! Yes! More episodes like Trinity and this one, please. Excellent ep.

Funny, tho. I couldn't help making comparisments to Bane and I hate Bane with a passion. Odd.

Yup, Weir's decision-making's a bit odd. I think it's important to remember especially the refernce to Ford. Ford kep a lot of his personality - a lot more than Sheppard, at any rate. He just became a lot less rational. It could be that she expected the same to happen with Sheppard - he'd keep the basics of his personality. He did, at first. With Teyla (oy, was that really necessary...) he stopped himself in time and was awkward, with Ronon he mostly remained sane as always - and had enough sense in him to report to Beckett when he realised something's wrong. Ford didn't do even that. I think hse jsut lost the prorportion along the way. But she still amused me. Staying up to play solitaire (or whatever that was.) Ha! And sorry, but as a person who was in the army myself, Coldwall's comment about trying to eradicate the games from Daedalus and the crew keeping on bringing them back... I'm sorry that's jsut so classical office-army thing to do. Loved it.

Ahh, Carson's brilliant as always. biggrin.gif *happy* He sometimes gets in this season less air-time than he did as recurring, I'm glad they coudl find something for him to do in the episode.

Coldwall was starting to be amusing. How many episodes does he have left?... I recall not much - or not at all? But then again, the character does hit a rather early stone wall, nothing for him to do, really.

Ooh, Ronan wasn't as horrid as usual! Hurray! I kinda liked him predicting where Sheppard would end up going.

Cave. *shudder* that was one nasty bunch of bugs there. Yuck. I hate bugs. I hated them in bane, too. For the record, one more "yuck".

All in all, very enjoyable .
+Quote Post
Gunfighter
post Sep 11th 2005, 8:13 AM
Post #16

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,327

This was one of the better Atlantis episodes this season. I really liked the plot, and the character interactions were great without McKay. I'm not ripping on McKay here, he's awesome, but he's usually the only person doing or saying anything, and now we finally get to see something substantial from the other characters. When McKay does anything, he's so self-absorbed that he steals the spotlight - McKay is all about himself. Sheppard, however, is more about interacting with other people, so this time we get to see character development across the board.

I was kinda bothered by the Redshirt Write-Off at the insect cave. I mean, Major Lorne had no idea what was going on in there, and he just chucks a frag grenade back at his own men. Didn't even seem to think about trying to save them, he just got his own butt out of there. Also, the FX for the fire shooting out of the cave mouth was ridiculous - there would have had to have been some sort of flammable fumes in the cave to produce flames like that.
+Quote Post
ancient01
post Sep 11th 2005, 9:48 AM
Post #17

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,239

Too much Shipping in this episode for my taste. Weir gets too "goofy" around Shepperd. It obviously affects her judgement. They need to resolve that ASAP. On the plus side, it was nice to see JF get a chance to flex the acting muscles a bit. I think he pulled it off pretty well. My $.02...
+Quote Post
NoDot
post Sep 11th 2005, 10:33 AM
Post #18

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,814

Congrats to TPTB for attempting to create a 'ship status-quo.

Too bad they failed. A status-quo is naturally unmaintainable and unworkable, unless Sheppard is going to be forced to make a choice. (That's an episoded I want to see!)
+Quote Post
Annunaki
post Sep 11th 2005, 2:43 PM
Post #19

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,478

It was a great kiss. I can't understand that Teyla didn't enjoy it secretly.

I don't think it was a good kiss. Given, if Teyla kissed back with the same passion that Sheppard showed, it would have been a great kiss. Before John kissed her he was looking at her like a crack head looking at a pile of crack. She had to feel pretty weirded out.
+Quote Post
Mental Case
post Sep 11th 2005, 8:35 PM
Post #20

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 751

QUOTE(Pleiam @ Sep 9th 2005, 8:24 PM)

Absolutely, I kept yelling at them to lock him up. It was just SO stupid, Weir is incompetant. She saw that he was changing into some beast yet didn't even think some extra security was really needed.. but really with his super-strength there was no way that would be enough. They really needed to lock him up in that cell, same one the wraith was put in, and never let him out until they worked out the plan.

I suppose though, they didn't choose to write it like that so that they could flesh out the episode and make it last the full time. Still, I think it was a bad way to try to squeeze another episode out. All it did was create what I think was a fairly lackluster episode and shed Weir as even more incompetant than ever.

+Quote Post
dr lee
post Sep 12th 2005, 3:53 AM
Post #21

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,109

yeah weir was wrong not to put him in the brig at all BUT they all knew what was going to happen and they could throw him in the brig when he starts getting to much to handle.

for all you shep/teyla shippers i'm afraid that this episode didn't have anything for u. when shep kissed teyla he was acting like he was high on drugs, ie not his normal behaviour, and teyla didn't seem to join in that much.

there was more shippiness between weir and caldwell than shep and telay ion that episode.

speaking of caldwell, the first few scenes he was in i kept on thinking that it was sum kind of imposter. i mean flirting with weir, being nice about shepard? HE should have been in the brig with shep.

did anyone else not notice the 'red shirts' untill they were being killed? and laurans reaction to losing some of his team was in no way believeable. he seem more cross at almost getting eaten than his team being 'deaded'

the scene with the doctors having the brainstorming session did anyone else think that the guy in the white coat arguing with the woman was familiar in some way?
+Quote Post
Pitry
post Sep 12th 2005, 5:37 AM
Post #22

Colonel
Group Icon

QUOTE(Gunfighter @ Sep 11th 2005, 3:13 PM)
This was one of the better Atlantis episodes this season. I really liked the plot,  and the character interactions were great without McKay. I'm not ripping on McKay here, he's awesome, but he's usually the only person doing or saying anything, and now we finally get to see something substantial from the other characters. When McKay does anything, he's so self-absorbed that he steals the spotlight - McKay is all about himself. Sheppard, however, is more about interacting with other people, so this time we get to see character development across the board.

Completely true. The problem here, I think, is that McKay is one of the only characters who are strong characters. He's both a great character to write stories about - and he seems to be a very easy character to write. So he kinda find himself in everything - and most people don't complain because the character works. All characters need development, especially the weaker character, only the kind of stories to develop them seems to be less compelling, doesn't it?

QUOTE(NoDot @ Sep 11th 2005, 5:33 PM)
Congrats to TPTB for attempting to create a 'ship status-quo.

Status quo? Nah, it seemed they just tried to tease each and every ship possible - well, other than McKay\Beckett, of course biggrin.gif. I honestly don't see the point. But then again I think the shipping stories usually get in the way of the more interesting ones, so...
+Quote Post
usmctech99
post Sep 12th 2005, 5:47 AM
Post #23

SILENCE!!!! I Kill you!
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 9,693

QUOTE(Pitry @ Sep 12th 2005, 05:37 AM)
Staying up to play solitaire (or whatever that was.) Ha! And sorry, but as a person who was in the army myself, Coldwall's comment about trying to eradicate the games from Daedalus and the crew keeping on bringing them back... I'm sorry that's jsut so classical office-army thing to do. Loved it.

user posted image

Yep, that's Solitaire all right... but it's not just an army thing. I'm pretty sure all the armed forces do it... of course, I was more fond of putting real-time sims like Starcraft and Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds on mine and first-person shooters like Soldiers of Fortune II...

QUOTE(dr lee @ Sep 12th 2005, 2:53 AM)
the scene with the doctors having the brainstorming session did anyone else think that the guy in the white coat arguing with the woman was familiar in some way?

You talking about the guy in this pic? I sure don't recognize him...
user posted image

This post has been edited by usmctech99: Sep 12th 2005, 5:49 AM
+Quote Post
Pitry
post Sep 12th 2005, 6:46 AM
Post #24

Colonel
Group Icon

QUOTE(usmctech99 @ Sep 12th 2005, 12:47 PM)
Yep, that's Solitaire all right... but it's not just an army thing.  I'm pretty sure all the armed forces do it... of course, I was more fond of putting real-time sims like Starcraft and Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds on mine and first-person shooters like Soldiers of Fortune II...

Oh, I'm pretty sure it's all armed forces, I jsut mean them all when I say "army". wink.gif Ah, we weren't allowed to isntall any such games. "Information security" they called it and were pretty nasty to anyone when they found any unauthorised games in their computers..

Sorry, I know, compeltely OT. I'll stop now.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 19th 2014 - 4:46 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.