Rating  4
Auntie Em!
post Sep 16th 2005, 1:21 PM
Post #49

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 8,565

Oh Seymour I had not drawn that line between "Broca Divide" and that kiss. However, yes indeedie it is a play on that scene. Good catch on that.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ilzy
post Sep 17th 2005, 2:25 AM
Post #50

First Lieutenant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,299

And once again an Atlantis episode brings to mind an early SG-1 one... I saw "The Broca Divide" there too!!

All in all this episode was loaded with ship. Are they trying to find out how many pairings can be indicated in short 40 minutes? Btw this week the term "bedside manners" was pretty popular. It was mentioned once in SG-1 and twice in Atlantis laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Aquila
post Sep 17th 2005, 7:28 PM
Post #51

First Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,810

Four words,"THOSE BUGS ARE CREEPY!" w00t.gif

Yet another awesome episode! Did anyone else think that Sheppard actually was pretty cool with all his Wraith abilities? Not to mention those Wraith eyes on him looked awesome. I'm sure his kissing Teyla will bring up some discussions... rolleyes.gif

This episode definately kicked but -- not to mention Lt.Col Johnny! biggrin.gif

Aquila The Ancient
+Quote Post
LuvThatShanks
post Sep 18th 2005, 6:27 AM
Post #52

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,409

Holy Ship Anvils Batman!

Weir clearly "feels close" to Sheppard and they have "been through a lot" so I do think she has the hots for John.

However, Teyla couldn't bring herself to shoot at anything other than John's feet. Plus he laid one on her and I don't blame the girl for not respoinding much. John was being more than a little scary in that scene. But the "Think no more of it....John." was pretty telling.

I know that everyone is all over the Teyla/Ronnin vibe but the dude needs to BATHE for heaven's sake before he's even close to a romantic interest.

In the meantime I don't think Teyla was joking with that "John" to me it seemed "Think no more of it...oh except in all the ways I'd like you to .....John."

I don't like Weir much, she has zero chemistry with Joe but even I felt horrible for her. Weir clearly feels something for John and it will break her heart if they ever do anything. So I am hoping she just views him as a close friend because he tried to throttle Weir but he laid one on Teyla.

Good episode over all. A solid 8/10. Yes, the redshirting was obvious but I love how freaking brave Beckett is trying to get the bugs. I love Ronnin's iceman cometh gunning down of Sheppard without a second thought.

However, that kiss and the end line "John" made me think that one Dr. Weir is going to end up in a world of hurt. Teyla isn't military either, she's just on John's team.

Darn you SGA for making me care about Weir's emotional state. She kept trying and trying with John to show that she cared about him but there was just no UST.

For the record, John seems to reverting to a very primal state as he transforms. But he took in the fact that Teyla wouldn't shoot him, he choked Weir but kissed Teyla - and here's what bothers me.

We see no explanation for "Gee, Elisabteth, I'm sorry I was choking you."

But we do see him try to explain the kiss in a awkward, schhoboy manner "I should probably....". Look relieved when he doesn't have to and then to up the ante Teyla calls him Jonh? The look on his face read "I am so busted about what I feel. Huh. Yipes, crap....good. Maybe."

In revereting to a primal state he tries to kill Weir but does let her go. He trired to get into Teyla's pants and I'm worried.

This post has been edited by LuvThatShanks: Sep 18th 2005, 6:32 AM
+Quote Post
dr lee
post Sep 18th 2005, 7:46 AM
Post #53

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,109

y r u worried?

TPTB have made SGA ship different to SG1 ship. in SG1 it is jack-sam but in SGA it is shep-teyla/shep-weir/teyla-ronon dex/weir-caldweel(yikes!), basicly any hetero relationships they can think off. it's keeping us guessing and talking about it. i think TPTB have set up an interesting idea that can run&run&run&run&run.

personally i think it should be weir-sheppard and teyla-ronon dex but i think i'm gonna be wrong about this sad.gif

AAGGHH! i'm a shipper!!!! ohmy.gif (drops to my knees and screams NOOO! in dramatic fashion)
+Quote Post
startreksuite
post Sep 19th 2005, 8:53 PM
Post #54

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,622

great episode! I wonder if this morphing from human to a human/alien hybrid is going to be a trend in the Stargate series. blink.gif Oh well! I thought they were going to lose Sheppard too, when the team couldn't extract the insects from their den/hive. I don't think Caldwell would have made a good replacement. Well, can't wait to see the season finale! The season's over already, man this stinks! mad.gif
+Quote Post
Arcady
post Sep 19th 2005, 10:09 PM
Post #55

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Please keep the shipper nonsense in the shipper forum.
+Quote Post
Christy
post Sep 20th 2005, 12:04 AM
Post #56

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,098

I reckon this episode could have been better.
It seemed a little confusing with how everyone was portrayed, If they had kept to one problem with shep, like the virus, that would have been fine.
+Quote Post
ftt
post Sep 21st 2005, 6:55 AM
Post #57

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,188

this was a great episode i liked it alot
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Sep 22nd 2005, 11:55 AM
Post #58

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Sep 16th 2005, 1:21 PM)
Oh Seymour I had not drawn that line between "Broca Divide" and that kiss. However, yes indeedie it is a play on that scene. Good catch on that.

You know I hadn't made that connection either. But it was in reverse. Whereas Sam had been infected first and did the attacking, this time, Sheppard was infected and did the attacking. The difference being, I think the Broca Divide talk at the end was funny, whereas this one was not. I guess they do like to use similar stories, don't they?
+Quote Post
Cindy
post Sep 26th 2005, 6:06 AM
Post #59

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,647

The trailers mae Conversion look like it had more action thatn it really did. But the episode was satisfiying in a way. I know i'm probably the millionth person to say this but """"I CANT BELIVE THAT SHEP KISSED TAYLA"""" ohmy.gif

I'm a majar weir/shep shipper but the kiss cloud9.gif would suggest that shep has a soft spot for tayla. I'm stating the obvious.lol w00t.gif
+Quote Post
Christy
post Nov 9th 2005, 6:50 AM
Post #60

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,098

I thought this was quite an interesting episode, quite enjoyable.
Maybe a little slow at the start but it was nice to see it start off from where the last episode finished, meaning we arent really left with okay, what happened between that episode and this episode, have they formed a new friendship, visited a new planet and that sort of thing.
I enjoying seeing the sets from season 1 which was previously used in 'The Storm' and that was a nice touch.
It was good to see them all get really involved in this episode.
One of my favourites i would have to think.
+Quote Post
glom
post Dec 7th 2005, 4:13 PM
Post #61

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,673

I give this 67%. Despite a Trekkism that turns my stomach, it was a well executed episode.

TREKKISM OF THE WEEK: Fun with DNA. Those Trek episodes are generally most reviled. It's not good that we see similar themes here. Retroviruses, radiation, or any other kind of technobabble do NOT make people transform into other creatures. If your DNA gets screwed up, you either die or get cancer. SG generally understands the concept of evolution and the only time they brought the Trekkism, they used the excusable device of the Ancient gene splicing machine which can work however they want.

TREKKISM OF THE WEEK RUNNER-UP: The five minutes to the end ending where the treatment miraculously works was rather Voyager Doctor-esque.

NON-TREKKISM OF THE WEEK: Beckett holding a big group seminar with all the experts was a welcome departure from the Trekkism where only the main characters can do anything.

COMMON THEME OF THE WEEK: Other than the fun with DNA in both SG1 and Atlantis, we have personnel underestimating their foe. Both times, a dangerous maniac escapes flimsy security precautions.

HIPPY OF THE WEEK: Weir's naive idealism is rather annoying. Why did Shepherd have to force the issue to get more security? Weir should have had a battalion guarding him. It's sad when a horribly mutated person is thinking more clearly than the leader of the expedition. Countermanding Mitch Pileggi's shoot to kill order was just as bad.

RANDOM FLAG OF THE WEEK: The guard on Shepherd's quarters had a German flag on his jacket, yet sounded Canadian. Oops.

COOL PRODUCTION VALUE OF THE WEEK: The cave of bugs rocked!

CONSISTENT CHARACTERISATION OF THE WEEK: Despite Weir's annoying hippiness, her rebuke to Pileggi over his defeatism was consistent with her attitude in 'Thirty-Eight Minutes' where she always refuses to do anything that seemingly admits defeat.

VALUED TEAM MEMBER OF THE WEEK: For the first time, Ronan actually showed he was an asset to the team. In fact, he was downright likeable in this episode.

CITY SIGHTS OF THE WEEK: We had the big place that looked like the foyer of the Trump Tower with the gaudiness replaced by dryness and we had that bridgey thing. They're cool. It would be even nicer if we had some kind of sense of location. The sets can get very claustrophobic without any external reference that it's easy to forget we're in the Greatest City ever built.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Dec 7th 2005, 7:01 PM
Post #62

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

This was such a good episode. Sheppard was creepy as hell. There is such a difference is the quality of writing between Atlantis and SG1. While SG1 is good, Atlantis is much better (Mallozzi and Mullie should be taking note of what Gero and Cooper are doing).
Anyway, always good to see Teyla in her fighting attire (what little of it there was). What is it with Ronan? Have the Wraith altered him somehow, considering he knew Sheppard was coming towards him twice?
+Quote Post
samandjackforever
post Dec 8th 2005, 5:03 AM
Post #63

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,970

Joe Flannigan did such an amazing job in this episode. It really creeped me out how he was turning into a wraith. I was screaming at the TV "No! Don't go like Ford, don't let the same thing happen!!!!"

My sister jumped up and cursed at the screen when he kissed Teyla (cos she is a loyal Sheppard/Weir shipper), but i told her, if he has kissed Weir then it coul have messed everything up between them.

but on the whole, this episode had me on the edge of my seat. Loved the scene when he attacked them and was crawling up the wall. Joe must have had such fun filming this ep.

And i LOVED the bit when Teyla had her gun trained on his and begged him not to make her shoot him. So sweet, then WHAM, Ronan gets him with his stun gun thing.

And the best line of the entire ep, "Oh my body's mutating into a bug. How are you?"

Genius! 1.gif
+Quote Post
Teyla Sheppard
post Dec 13th 2005, 1:55 PM
Post #64

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,660

QUOTE(LuvThatShanks @ Sep 18th 2005, 1:27 PM)
Holy Ship Anvils Batman!

Weir clearly "feels close" to Sheppard and they have "been through a lot" so I do think she has the hots for John.

However, Teyla couldn't bring herself to shoot at anything other than John's feet. Plus he laid one on her and I don't blame the girl for not respoinding much. John was being more than a little scary in that scene. But the "Think no more of it....John." was pretty telling.

In the meantime I don't think Teyla was joking with that "John" to me it seemed "Think no more of it...oh except in all the ways I'd like you to .....John."

I don't like Weir much, she has zero chemistry with Joe but even I felt horrible for her. Weir clearly feels something for John and it will break her heart if they ever do anything. So I am hoping she just views him as a close friend because he tried to throttle Weir but he laid one on Teyla.

However, that kiss and the end line "John" made me think that one Dr. Weir is going to end up in a world of hurt. Teyla isn't military either, she's just on John's team.

For the record, John seems to reverting to a very primal state as he transforms. But he took in the fact that Teyla wouldn't shoot him, he choked Weir but kissed Teyla - and here's what bothers me.

We see no explanation for "Gee, Elisabteth, I'm sorry I was choking you."

But we do see him try to explain the kiss in a awkward, schhoboy manner "I should probably....". Look relieved when he doesn't have to and then to up the ante Teyla calls him Jonh? The look on his face read "I am so 'busted' about what I feel.? Huh. Yipes, crap....good. Maybe."

what can i say more?? i completely agree but i don't understand why they make situations like this one with Teyla and John when they said that there won't be anything between them in sga. or they will make it like with Jack and Sam you still don't know how will it end...

the kiss was hot
SHEPPARD: You can call me John when we?re off the clock.
TEYLA: Very well ... John.
SHEPPARD: I?m not really sure just what happened.
TEYLA:Colonel ...
SHEPPARD:That was interesting!
...SHEPPARD: You ok ?bow.gif

Sheppard looks very creepy as a wraith and in when he decided to go as emperor palpatine and so was wearing a floor length gray cloak with the hood pulled up around his face laugh.gif

*sorry for my english. it's not my native language sad.gif

This post has been edited by Teyla Sheppard: Dec 13th 2005, 1:57 PM
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Dec 14th 2005, 1:47 PM
Post #65

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,565

Teyla you wrote better than most english speaking members. Do not worry so much about it. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Saffron
post Dec 30th 2005, 12:21 PM
Post #66

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,472

I wanted to mention the resemblance to Broca Divide but you guys beat me to it. I quite agree with you.

Also, my 2 cents on the games on military computers...when I was deployed to Kuwait there was a server with nothing but games and music to entertain the assigned personnel in their off-time. Of course, back in the states that is not allowed. So I thought it unusual that the AF would not approve of games on the Daedalus seeing as how I would consider deployments on it the same as being deployed to Kuwait or Afghanistan. People need something to do in their downtime to relieve stress.
+Quote Post
Heru-ER
post Sep 9th 2006, 7:58 PM
Post #67

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,089

Well this episode was cool cuz Sheppard was very powerful with that transformation but again I didn't like Weir always saying excuse but I'm in Charge here she sometimes looks like a person crazy with power tongue.gif
+Quote Post
laurab
post Mar 16th 2007, 9:26 PM
Post #68

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,499

J/T kiss- cloud9.gif Had me very happy. (I'm a Teyla/John shipper)

Been waiting since Nov/Dec last yr to see this (as we got the first 3 eps of the season last year, and then they took it off for no reason).

John did get a little scary- most of the time it was when he was having the one-on-one chats with Weir in his room.

Loved all the prosthetics they used on John- especially the eyes. And when he had one normal eye & one Wraithed eye- wow, sooo cool.

I've been observing this season the changes in the lead cast.
John's become a lot funnier (cracking a joke ever ep lately)- he's also getting better at catching onto things. Like in 'Trinity', when Zelenka & McKay were talking to him about the station, and he jumped in with a great answer straight away.....
But in this one, he seemed to have slowed down- it took him longer to figure things out, like THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH HIM!!! (My brother caught on in half the time John did- and that NEVER happens!)

You could tell the kiss hit something in Teyla- she was so much more worried over him than normally. And her shooting at his feet- a sign she didn't want to hurt him.

And the two no-named guys who went with them the first time they went for the bug eggs- their deaths were so typical. I knew they'd die- hardly ANY of the no-namers ever survive a mission like that.
And Lorne only chucked the grenade to prevent anyone else from getting attacked- he was thinking of everyone else. And the fact that the two guys didn't respond to his radio call.....

Did anyone else notice that when Weir was telling Caldwell off for making security changes without checking with her, she referred to Sheppard as John?
I don't remember her ever calling him that without him being present.....

I have it on tape- and since my sister was at her work last night when my brother & I watched it, I'm gonna watch it again with her. To give her company- and since I loved this episode, thought it was the best one in the season, and plus all the John-Teyla shippy moments cloud9.gif ....I wanna watch it again!
+Quote Post
Rooster
post Mar 25th 2007, 6:58 PM
Post #69

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,243

pretty good episode. rate it a 4 out of 5.

they didnt give the 2 guys in the cave to much time to get out but was inevidable they were probally beyond help.

only thing which was a little annoying was how easy they initially gave up on trying to collect the eggs, seemed a bit to untrying.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Mar 29th 2007, 11:41 PM
Post #70

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(Rooster @ Mar 25th 2007, 7:58 PM) *

pretty good episode. rate it a 4 out of 5.

they didnt give the 2 guys in the cave to much time to get out but was inevidable they were probally beyond help.

only thing which was a little annoying was how easy they initially gave up on trying to collect the eggs, seemed a bit to untrying.

The vast number of little creatures that wanted to eat them... ummm... were a good reason to leave. Given there is little viable defence against the little bastards.
+Quote Post
Rooster
post Apr 2nd 2007, 7:23 PM
Post #71

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,243

QUOTE(Revan @ Mar 30th 2007, 2:41 PM) *

The vast number of little creatures that wanted to eat them... ummm... were a good reason to leave. Given there is little viable defence against the little bastards.

lol yeh damn bugs.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 22nd 2014 - 2:03 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.