Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> About this area

The loitering zone is for discussions about things other than Stargate. Please use the appropriate section when posting, and be sure to read the forum rules.

Loitering Zone Index: Off Topic Chatter | TV, Movies & Music | Computer Talk | Sports Talk | Forum Games

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Forum-wide Fantasy Hockey, care to join?
Ilzy
post Oct 30th 2005, 4:07 AM
Post #49

First Lieutenant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,299

Hobo, what would we do without you? biggrin.gif (Actually we wouldn't even have these questions because we wouldn't know about such Fantasy Hockey...)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sighfienerd
post Nov 2nd 2005, 4:37 PM
Post #50

Beyond here there be dragons
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 7,150

Hobo, I've tried to cut Bertuzzi and Nash and I get an error message that says they are on a "can't cut list". Do you know what that's all about? They have got to GO! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
hobo_joe20
post Nov 2nd 2005, 6:49 PM
Post #51

Brigadier General
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,055

QUOTE(Sighfienerd @ Nov 2nd 2005, 5:37 PM)
Hobo, I've tried to cut Bertuzzi and Nash and I get an error message that says they are on a "can't cut list".  Do you know what that's all about?  They have got to GO!  biggrin.gif

Well, they happen to be on the "can't cut list". Anyone on those lists cannot be dropped. (the list can be seen through the link on the bottom right of the league page). You can still trade them though.
+Quote Post
hobo_joe20
post Mar 16th 2006, 10:53 AM
Post #52

Brigadier General
Group Icon

Ok, the end of the season nears. Starting next week, we are in the "playoffs" for Fantasy Hockey. Basically, you have to win the match to move on. It spans a between 3-4 weeks, and there will be consolation match-ups between those that have lots. Nonetheless, good luck to you all!

(the entire season up to this point was to determine the rankings going into the playoff matchups, and to get a feel for your team/how it works. The playoff schedule can be found here.)
+Quote Post
Sighfienerd
post Mar 16th 2006, 12:32 PM
Post #53

Group Icon

QUOTE(hobo_joe20 @ Mar 16th 2006, 10:53 AM) *

Ok, the end of the season nears. Starting next week, we are in the "playoffs" for Fantasy Hockey. Basically, you have to win the match to move on. It spans a between 3-4 weeks, and there will be consolation match-ups between those that have lots. Nonetheless, good luck to you all!

(the entire season up to this point was to determine the rankings going into the playoff matchups, and to get a feel for your team/how it works. The playoff schedule can be found here.)

Shoot! I thought it was over a while back. I checked for a couple of weeks or so and my team didn't have any games scheduled. I need to make a dazzling comeback!! I'm really needing that bottle of champagne!!
+Quote Post
hobo_joe20
post Mar 16th 2006, 12:42 PM
Post #54

Brigadier General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sighfienerd @ Mar 16th 2006, 12:32 PM) *

Shoot! I thought it was over a while back. I checked for a couple of weeks or so and my team didn't have any games scheduled. I need to make a dazzling comeback!! I'm really needing that bottle of champagne!!

Oh, it temporarily stopped due to the Olympics. (alot of NHL players played in them).

Remember, after this week the weekly match-ups will be elimination. You lose on the week, you move to the consolation round. The points you have now only setup who you will play in the playoffs. 1st and 2nd get a "bye" the first week, automatically make it to the 2nd round.
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Mar 16th 2006, 7:17 PM
Post #55

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,565

Um....how am I doing Hobo? unsure.gif
+Quote Post
hobo_joe20
post Mar 16th 2006, 11:45 PM
Post #56

Brigadier General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Mar 16th 2006, 7:17 PM) *

Um....how am I doing Hobo? unsure.gif

Not too badly for someone who hasn't checked in since October 12, 2005 at 10:37pm 1.gif (yes, there is a way to check that laugh.gif)

... you're in dead last. but only by 10 points lol. The fact that I'm 130 points ahead of you is completely irrelevent lol.

See you all in the playoffs! ... well, to be more correct, in the 2nd round, since I'm guaranteed a *bye* biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
usmctech99
post Apr 3rd 2006, 7:26 AM
Post #57

SILENCE!!!! I Kill you!
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,693

Oh how the mighty hath fallen! Hobo and his Jaffa can now only get 3rd place. After destroying everyone in the regular season he gets knocked out in his first playoff game! Sounds kinda like the Colts, doesn't it? Except that the Colts didn't get a consolation game. I guess that Bye didn't work out too well for you did it Hobo?

Edit: Although I am wondering which stat decided the outcome of that tie...

This post has been edited by usmctech99: Apr 3rd 2006, 7:27 AM
+Quote Post
hobo_joe20
post Apr 3rd 2006, 7:39 AM
Post #58

Brigadier General
Group Icon

QUOTE(usmctech99 @ Apr 3rd 2006, 8:26 AM) *

Oh how the mighty hath fallen! Hobo and his Jaffa can now only get 3rd place. After destroying everyone in the regular season he gets knocked out in his first playoff game! Sounds kinda like the Colts, doesn't it? Except that the Colts didn't get a consolation game. I guess that Bye didn't work out too well for you did it Hobo?

Edit: Although I am wondering which stat decided the outcome of that tie...

It figures. I go away for the weekend figuring I was good to go, come back and it's tied .. and find out I lost? I too would like to know which stat made me lose 1.gif
+Quote Post
usmctech99
post Apr 3rd 2006, 11:06 AM
Post #59

SILENCE!!!! I Kill you!
Group Icon

QUOTE(hobo_joe20 @ Apr 3rd 2006, 6:39 AM) *

It figures. I go away for the weekend figuring I was good to go, come back and it's tied .. and find out I lost? I too would like to know which stat made me lose 1.gif

I looked up the Tiebreak rules...

In the event that a playoff game ends in a tie, the deadlock will be broken using the following system:

1. Most team goals.
2. Most team assists.
3. Lowest team GAA.
4. Highest team SV%.
5. Most team wins.
6. Most team shutouts.
7. Most team powerplay points.
8. Most team game-winning goals.
9. Most team penalty minutes.
10. Most team plus/minus.
11. Random "coin flip."

It looks like the assists did you in.

This post has been edited by usmctech99: Apr 3rd 2006, 11:07 AM
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Apr 3rd 2006, 4:18 PM
Post #60

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,565

Did I win? unsure.gif
+Quote Post
usmctech99
post Apr 4th 2006, 11:33 PM
Post #61

SILENCE!!!! I Kill you!
Group Icon

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Apr 3rd 2006, 3:18 PM) *

Did I win? unsure.gif

No... you really needed to get rid of those guys who were on the IR and NA (not active)... I think you had 5 players that you should have replaced (Sundin, #6, should have been taken off your IR a couple months ago)... they killed you in just about every matchup by taking up space and not contributing... of course, had you bothered to login I'm sure you would have figured that out, but as it was, your team got their asses handed to them just about every week... although you almost pulled out the 5th place consolation game since whoever was in charge of the Durham Dudes managed their team the same way you did, by absentee... but you still lost 5-4-1 to take over sole possession of 6th Place, a far cry from all that sh*t-talking you did before the season began wink.gif
+Quote Post
Ilzy
post Apr 17th 2006, 2:52 AM
Post #62

First Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,299

This season really turned out weird... Hobo was the 1st and I was the 2nd but somehow now we're fighting for the 3rd place (like I have a chance of beating him rolleyes.gif). Oh well, for a game played by intuition alone not much more can be expected cool.gif
+Quote Post
hobo_joe20
post Aug 30th 2006, 4:43 PM
Post #63

Brigadier General
Group Icon

It's that time of year again! Coming up in just over a month is the beginning of the regular season of the NHL. Post in here if you are interested in joining a fantasy hockey pool for hockey (see general overview in first post) and I'll set one up if there are enough people interested!
+Quote Post
Sighfienerd
post Aug 30th 2006, 7:19 PM
Post #64

Group Icon

QUOTE(hobo_joe20 @ Aug 30th 2006, 5:43 PM) *

It's that time of year again! Coming up in just over a month is the beginning of the regular season of the NHL. Post in here if you are interested in joining a fantasy hockey pool for hockey (see general overview in first post) and I'll set one up if there are enough people interested!

Has it been a year??? I suppose I shouldn't be so surprised...lots of changes - but dayum. I'm up for whatever, Hobo, though I pretty much stink at this, though I still wasn't last. Was I? whistling.gif I'm having that guy you asked me for last year. If only I could remember his name. blink.gif biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
hobo_joe20
post Aug 30th 2006, 8:27 PM
Post #65

Brigadier General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sighfienerd @ Aug 30th 2006, 8:19 PM) *

Has it been a year??? I suppose I shouldn't be so surprised...lots of changes - but dayum. I'm up for whatever, Hobo, though I pretty much stink at this, though I still wasn't last. Was I? whistling.gif I'm having that guy you asked me for last year. If only I could remember his name. blink.gif biggrin.gif

Actually, it's only been 4 months since the last one ended ... but it runs for close to 8 months so that's why it doesn't seem like a year has passed!

What, do you expect me to give you the name of the guy who just may make/break a season? not a chance 1.gif or do you mean McCabe ...

This post has been edited by hobo_joe20: Aug 30th 2006, 8:27 PM
+Quote Post
Sighfienerd
post Aug 30th 2006, 10:24 PM
Post #66

Group Icon

QUOTE(hobo_joe20 @ Aug 30th 2006, 9:27 PM) *

What, do you expect me to give you the name of the guy who just may make/break a season? not a chance 1.gif or do you mean McCabe ...

I'm having him. Then I'll trade you your three best players for my one. biggrin.gif

I'm not so crazy (yet) that I thought it had been a year since the hockey season started, Hobo. 1.gif But it did go by fast, didn't it?
+Quote Post
hobo_joe20
post Sep 7th 2006, 9:01 PM
Post #67

Brigadier General
Group Icon

Ok, well I made the league anyways for those who care to join up. The way to join is the same as before. Here is the league information:

League ID: 36161
Password: stargate

Hope to see you all there!
+Quote Post
Sighfienerd
post Sep 21st 2006, 2:55 PM
Post #68

Group Icon

Hey Hobo, we've got to drag some more people into this game. Hey ya'll - get here and play!

And I'm seriously still wanting that champagne from last year Hobo. I'll make a deal with you. If you win - you have to buy me some and if I win you still have to buy me some. biggrin.gif

I'm going to have to get some ringer help from you though. You need to tell me who to pick (even though I know you've stolen the good ones already). 1.gif
+Quote Post
usmctech99
post Sep 22nd 2006, 2:09 AM
Post #69

SILENCE!!!! I Kill you!
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sighfienerd @ Sep 21st 2006, 1:55 PM) *

Hey Hobo, we've got to drag some more people into this game. Hey ya'll - get here and play!

And I'm seriously still wanting that champagne from last year Hobo. I'll make a deal with you. If you win - you have to buy me some and if I win you still have to buy me some. biggrin.gif

I'm going to have to get some ringer help from you though. You need to tell me who to pick (even though I know you've stolen the good ones already). 1.gif

The only reason you won last season was because none of my guys played the last week of the season because their pansy-ass coaches didn't want them getting hurt before the playoffs... I was wiping the floor with you the first 10 days of the championship matchup, but those last 7 days of no points from any of my players killed me... bastards!

In any case, I'm not doing fantasy hockey this year, I've got three fantasy football teams to deal with.
+Quote Post
Sighfienerd
post Sep 22nd 2006, 9:23 AM
Post #70

Group Icon

QUOTE(usmctech99 @ Sep 22nd 2006, 3:09 AM) *

The only reason you won last season was because none of my guys played the last week of the season because their pansy-ass coaches didn't want them getting hurt before the playoffs... I was wiping the floor with you the first 10 days of the championship matchup, but those last 7 days of no points from any of my players killed me... bastards!

In any case, I'm not doing fantasy hockey this year, I've got three fantasy football teams to deal with.

Usmctech99 - I didn't win last year, if you were talking to me. I think I ended up third or fourth, but I feel your pain. A lot of my players were out of commission too.

I think I need a partner this year to run a team together, so if you or someone has enough time for that, it might be fun - especially since Hobo seems to be holding his cards close to his chest even though I GAVE HIM HIS FAVORITE PLAYER LAST YEAR. whistling.gif (No pressure there, Hobo.) biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
hobo_joe20
post Sep 22nd 2006, 9:28 AM
Post #71

Brigadier General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sighfienerd @ Sep 22nd 2006, 10:23 AM) *

Usmctech99 - I didn't win last year, if you were talking to me. I think I ended up third or fourth, but I feel your pain. A lot of my players were out of commission too.

I think I need a partner this year to run a team together, so if you or someone has enough time for that, it might be fun - especially since Hobo seems to be holding his cards close to his chest even though I GAVE HIM HIS FAVORITE PLAYER LAST YEAR. whistling.gif (No pressure there, Hobo.) biggrin.gif

Hey, I'm allowed to have my preferences in player choice smile.gif (and just because they happen to be good on a consistant basis means nothing 1.gif)

I thought Auntie would have jumped in by now, complaining that I stole Crosby from her last year or something laugh.gif
+Quote Post
usmctech99
post Sep 23rd 2006, 1:58 AM
Post #72

SILENCE!!!! I Kill you!
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sighfienerd @ Sep 22nd 2006, 8:23 AM) *

Well, you were asking about champagne, so I figured you were running team Sidhe last year, the team that stole the championship from me and Hobo, if you weren't, who was?... Ilzy was Star Warriors if I remember correctly...
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 25th 2014 - 9:28 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.