Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Episode 3, The sh*t, or just plain sh*t?
How would you rank Episode 3?
How would you rank Episode 3?
1st [ 14 ] ** [30.43%]
2nd [ 8 ] ** [17.39%]
3rd [ 7 ] ** [15.22%]
4th [ 13 ] ** [28.26%]
5th [ 1 ] ** [2.17%]
6th [ 3 ] ** [6.52%]
Total Votes: 46
Guests cannot vote 
FreddyKrueger
post May 25th 2005, 8:14 PM
Post #25

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,315

QUOTE(Mike @ May 25th 2005, 6:50 PM)

Click for Spoiler

They did good this time around, I can't complain.

Obi-Wan was a Jedi, he wouldn't kill a helpless man.

Anyway, I LOVED this episode, my second favorite. (only surpassed by ESB)

This is what I did and didn't like:

Liked:

Battle of Coruscant
Anakin vs. Dooku
General Grievous
Mace vs. Sidious
Battle of Utapau
Obi-Wan vs. Grievous
Attack on the Jedi Temple
Order 66 scene (It was truly emotional scene, I nearly cried when Ki-Adi-Mundi and Plo Kloon died)
Jimmy Smits having a larger role
Kashyykk
Yoda vs. Sidious
Darth Vader killing the sepratists
Obi-Wan vs. Darth Vader
The Death Star being built

Disliked:

There was some cheesy dialogue, but it was much better than AOTC
How the clones changed; they looked different from Fett in AOTC, now they look exactly the same
Dooku was killed too early
Grievous was killed too early
Battle of Coruscant didn't show much of the battle other than Obi and Anakin

Everything not listed I'm okay with.

I was 5 when I saw the originals, they were the special editons.

---FreddyKrueger---

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
CluckChicken
post May 25th 2005, 9:16 PM
Post #26

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,974

Just saw it. It was better then the other two prequels, though that doesn't say much. It was good that they tied everything up but they seemed to rush things there at the end with the kids. Loved the saber fights at the end. Absolutely hated the extremely cheesy dialog between Obi-wan & Anakin in the opening battle. I'm not sure if Lucas thought this was funny or cool or if it was done to make the rest of the dialog just seem better but whatever it's goal was it missed.

I actually felt sorry for several of the actors because it couldn't have been easy working with that script. I hope Lucas is done directing, because he doesn't get anywhere near the best out of his actors, and let us also hope he just sticks to writing the story and lets others write the screen play.
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post May 27th 2005, 12:42 AM
Post #27

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 8,565

I really liked this episode.

It did however, feel too rushed. They needed another hour to complete things in a better flowing mannor.

I do not understand why they had to "KILL the younglings" but I guess maybe that was to show just how much Anakin had turned to the darkside.

The REASON why they killed of Anakins wife was stupid. They could have come up with a much better and more acceptable reason.

Um, why did that robot act sick? He was a ROBOT. Why would he have a cough and such. That does not make any sense.

I liked the sabre fights. LOVED them.

I thought that it flowed very well into episode 4.
+Quote Post
dorien
post May 27th 2005, 2:33 PM
Post #28

Major
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,776

QUOTE(FreddyKrueger @ May 25th 2005, 8:14 PM)
Obi-Wan was a Jedi, he wouldn't kill a helpless man.

But he'd leave him to burn to a crisp? Is that Jedi compassion? blink.gif

Obviously, Anakin had to live. It just seems odd that Obi-Wan would walk away like that. The scene would have been better if what was left of Anakin's body had been somehow out of Obi-Wan's reach; if he couldn't end Anakin's suffering. Instead, he chose not too. It's not like he left to get medical help for him. He just walked away. What does that say about his own dark side?

This post has been edited by dorien: May 27th 2005, 2:36 PM
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post May 27th 2005, 3:24 PM
Post #29

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Jedi are trained and believe not to take the life of a helpless or weaponless enemy. Obi-wan thought him no threat as surely he would have died if left there. The Jedi are also trained as Yoda said to Anakin that you must let go. To keep worrying about things is a form of jealousy which is a path to the darkside. Obi-wan left because to stay was to kling to the past which was against their teaching. To kill him would also be against their teaching.
+Quote Post
CluckChicken
post May 27th 2005, 3:48 PM
Post #30

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ May 27th 2005, 1:42 AM)
It did however, feel too rushed. They needed another hour to complete things in a better flowing mannor.

I do not understand why they had to "KILL the younglings" but I guess maybe that was to show just how much Anakin had turned to the darkside.

Um, why did that robot act sick? He was a ROBOT. Why would he have a cough and such. That does not make any sense.

I don't know if I could take another hour of that dialog.

To end the jedi line. If you are going to kill the adults by shooting them in the back why not kill the kids too.

Grevious was part Robot part some other being.
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post May 27th 2005, 4:08 PM
Post #31

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Yeah Lucas needs to stay away from the screen play. Your right there was no deepth to the conversations and that Anakin/Patamid(sp?) love scene was just so high school and cringable. sick.gif But I still enjoyed it. WAY better than episodes 1 and 2 for sure.

This post has been edited by Auntie Em!: May 27th 2005, 4:09 PM
+Quote Post
CluckChicken
post May 27th 2005, 5:24 PM
Post #32

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ May 27th 2005, 5:08 PM)
Yeah Lucas needs to stay away from the screen play. Your right there was no deepth to the conversations and that Anakin/Patamid(sp?) love scene was just so high school and cringable. sick.gif But I still enjoyed it. WAY better than episodes 1 and 2 for sure.

Oh Auntie Em!....Your breaking my heart.
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post May 27th 2005, 5:37 PM
Post #33

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

QUOTE(CluckChicken @ May 27th 2005, 6:24 PM)
Oh Auntie Em!....Your breaking my heart.

LOL Cluck, which part? I will try to put a bandaid on your heart for you to feel better. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
wonderland
post May 28th 2005, 8:32 PM
Post #34

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,411

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ May 27th 2005, 4:08 PM)
WAY better than episodes 1 and 2 for sure.

But that ain't saying much, one and two sucked out loud.
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post May 28th 2005, 8:43 PM
Post #35

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

QUOTE(wonderland @ May 28th 2005, 9:32 PM)
But that ain't saying much, one and two sucked out loud.

That they did! laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Pitry
post May 29th 2005, 4:41 PM
Post #36

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 745

THE worst. Ever. With a capital "the".

I grew up on Star Wars. I think I was five when I first saw New Hope. I'll never forgive Lucas for what he did to Darth Vader.

In Return of the Jedi we actually see Luke almost going to the Dark Side, turning Dark and evil, and in the end choosing the light. I expected at least that this film would have some reminiscing parts of that. Nada. Anakin turns to the Dark Side in all but two seconds. There's never a struggle.
And what's worse, he does it for love. The message I got from the movie? Noble Anakin is sacrificing himself so that his wife could live - or so he believes, at least. Going to the Dark Side was supposed to be Anakin's full, consciouns choice. Never out of necessity. He should have wanted it. And no, I wasn't impressed by the fact every once in a while Lucas remembered it and tried to throw in a line as if Anakin is after power.... it was even less believable than Hayden Christensen's acting.

I really disliked the previous ones because I thought the plot was pointless and didn't like the making of the film as a whole. But they didn't have potential, IMHO. this one did. It could have been a true dark journey into Darth Vader's soul. Instead all we got was too many robots and light sabres, and not enough plot.

BAH.
+Quote Post
bigjohn_1972
post May 30th 2005, 10:09 AM
Post #37

Brigadier General
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,135

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ May 28th 2005, 8:43 PM)
That they did! laugh.gif

There was some good stuff about part 1 though. The Sith in that one was an actual martial arts guy, and had some wicked moves. I think that was lacking a bit in episode 3. However, the "force" was used in the fight scenes more which is nice. I know I would be picking up large objects and throwing them at people if I could!
+Quote Post
hobo_joe20
post Jun 10th 2005, 9:38 AM
Post #38

Brigadier General
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,055

Saw this early last week. Kick ass movie, though some parts were dissapointing. I always knew how evil the emperor was, but this made him appear more so.

As for the whole Pademe dying after child birth? I believe it was mentioned in the original three, so it would be kind of hard to change that. I thought they should have established the whole Alderran connection a little more, to establish the rebel connection for later.

Auntie, as for "General Grievous" coughing, he was an alien who was like 75% robot. (think Vader, but more so) He was also getting old or something, and so was sick. The fight with him was definately too short, and ended pretty badly IMHO.
+Quote Post
laurab
post Jul 1st 2005, 10:09 PM
Post #39

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,499

This one was better than episodes 1 & 2, but had its own bad parts.

Ringbearer, you asked; 'I am still wondering how Anakin got that scar on his eye?!'
Just remember that between episode 2 & episode 3, there has been roughly five years gone by. The war had been going on between ep 2 & 3, so Anikin might have got that scar during that time. I wondered that too, but remembered that time had passed between the two movies.

I dislike Hayden Christensen, but I was amazed how his acting abilities changed throughout ep 3. He kept shifting between really bad, to good (& then back to bad).

Also, which baby was born first? Cos I remember (as I only saw it for the first time yesterday) that Luke was first. But, in the older movies, Liea is refferred to as the older one. This one bugged me for the last bit of the movie.

My brother told me how they had cut out a scene which had Claudia Karven (sorry for the spelling), but her name had been left in the credits. Obviously, Lucas had cut out a fair bit, & was probably forced to cut out some bits that probably needed to stay in, to allow the audience to understand what was hapening.

And another thing, when whats-his-face told Anikin/Darth Vadar that Padme had died. Anikin let out this 'Noooooo!'. I hated that bit- I know it was to show the pain he had, but with the Darth Vadar suit on, it made it look too crappy, & stupid.
Throughout the fight between Obi & Anikin, I knew it had to end somewhere near the lava stuff- as I knew Anikin got burnt.

Anyway, I've got to go. I might do another post later.
+Quote Post
Pitry
post Jul 16th 2005, 7:10 AM
Post #40

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 745

QUOTE(laurab @ Jul 2nd 2005, 5:09 AM)

Also, which baby was born first? Cos I remember (as I only saw it for the first time yesterday) that Luke was first. But, in the older movies, Liea is refferred to as the older one. This one bugged me for the last bit of the movie.

Well, consider that in Return of the Jedi Leia also claims she rememebrs her real mother... I wouldn't bother picking holes in the two trilogies, Lucas didn't bother with much consistency....
+Quote Post
Priestess of Daniel Jackson
post Sep 22nd 2005, 2:39 AM
Post #41

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,949

QUOTE(Cereal13killer @ May 22nd 2005, 12:36 AM)
I think the New Star Wars movie is the best of the new movies. The old movies were much better than this one just because they didn't have the fundamental flaws this one did.
Don't get me wrong, this movie ROCKED! But it had so much more potential with. If #1 Hayden Christiensen could act and #2 If there was depth to the villan characters! Palpatine was ALRIGHT, but his convincing Anakin to join the darkside was weak. And the transition from Anakin to Vader was way to quickly. You can't jump from "I'm good" to "I'm bad" in under 2 minutes of movie time.
Other complaints are: Grevious was a wuss. The droids were way to happy go lucky. They're robots! Make them heartless killers! And Lego Star Wars gave away too much of the movie sad.gif
I hate to rag on the "bad stuff" because there was SO MUCH GOODNESS to this movie that I can't list it all here. This is definately a high B+ movie. Just off pace from the original three.

Grevious is the best character ever. Why he's coughing is explained in the Clone Wars cartoon, Volume 2.. his chest is crushed in (keep in mind he's still part human..heart and stomach remain) He's the ultimate killing machine, calculating and deadly. His background is explained in various Clone Wars novels/comics. The only reason he and Obi-Wan had a crappy fight scene is because the movie was pushing an 'R' rating so Lucas had to tone it down to only PG-13.

+Quote Post
post Sep 22nd 2005, 2:46 AM
Post #42

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(laurab @ Jul 1st 2005, 8:09 PM)
This one was better than episodes 1 & 2, but had its own bad parts.

Ringbearer, you asked; 'I am still wondering how Anakin got that scar on his eye?!'
Just remember that between episode 2 & episode 3, there has been roughly five years gone by. The war had been going on between ep 2 & 3, so Anikin might have got that scar during that time. I wondered that too, but remembered that time had passed between the two movies.

I dislike Hayden Christensen, but I was amazed how his acting abilities changed throughout ep 3. He kept shifting between really bad, to good (& then back to bad).

My brother told me how they had cut out a scene which had Claudia Karven (sorry for the spelling), but her name had been left in the credits. Obviously, Lucas had cut out a fair bit, & was probably forced to cut out some bits that probably needed to stay in, to allow the audience to understand what was hapening.

And another thing, when whats-his-face told Anikin/Darth Vadar that Padme had died. Anikin let out this 'Noooooo!'. I hated that bit- I know it was to show the pain he had, but with the Darth Vadar suit on, it made it look too crappy, & stupid.
Throughout the fight between Obi & Anikin, I knew it had to end somewhere near the lava stuff- as I knew Anikin got burnt.

Anyway, I've got to go. I might do another post later.

Anakin got the scar above his eye when he fought Asajj Ventress on Yavin 4 (Clone Wars cartoon Volume One) Ventress is another little known Sith character talked about in CW novels and possibly comics, she was Dooku's apprentice for a short time.

As for cut scenes..oh yeah..plenty. The movie was pushing over three hours. When I saw it on opening day, the earliest showing was at 12:20pm in the afternoon. The movie started around 1:30pm and got out around 4pm. Hopefully all the deleted scenes will be in the DVD which arrives on November 1st '05
+Quote Post
post Sep 22nd 2005, 2:55 AM
Post #43

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ May 26th 2005, 10:42 PM)
I really liked this episode.

The REASON why they killed of Anakins wife was stupid. They could have come up with a much better and more acceptable reason.

I liked the sabre fights. LOVED them.

I thought that it flowed very well into episode 4.

Grevious still had his heart hidden behind the chest plate. And that was crushed in the Clone Wars cartoon Volume Two. He was partially mortal (explained in several CW novels) his heart, stomach and brain were transfered to a droid body, because as a mortal, he was horribly damaged in a ship crash.

Padme's death is easily explained. Her and Anakin were partially bonded through the Force via her carrying his children. Midichlorians are transfered by blood and link Force sensitives to the Force. She could feel all of his hate and anger through this bond. He even choked her, threatening her life and that of the twins.

Granted many things are not explained in the movie..it was a kick-ass movie. I'm so glad Jar-Jar didn't open his mouth..
+Quote Post
Revan
post Feb 10th 2006, 1:20 AM
Post #44

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

The Revenge of the Sith the book was even better than the movie.
+Quote Post
Historywiz
post Feb 21st 2006, 7:17 PM
Post #45

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,469

I think episode three was better than the other two new ones, but the original 3 are far better.
+Quote Post
jussyvirus
post Apr 14th 2006, 11:52 PM
Post #46

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,654

i would put epo 3 as 1 the best of tham all
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 23rd 2014 - 8:41 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.