Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  
3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Enterprize, The Last Few Eps, They've Been Good !
CitizenK
post May 11th 2005, 2:06 PM
Post #25

Captain
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,783

QUOTE(Janos @ May 11th 2005, 11:58 AM)
You know what would have been cool? If you see Q walking around in the background watching the crew. This is Earth's first trip into deep space, Q could have caused something to happen and then watched to see what happened as a kind of set up to Encounter at Farpoint a few centuries later. When the episode ends, the crew never figures out what really happened, but everyone who has watched Star Trek and knows who Q is figures it out. That'd be kind of cool!

You know, that's a good point, Janos. We should have seen some sort of interference from the Continuum on Enterprise. It would have been alot of fun if Q showed up dressed as Trelane !

Still, you'd have thought the Q would have objected to the time travelling Suliban. Whatever became of that plot ? Not that I miss it because I didn't think the Suliban were interesting at all.

I thought the Andoran stories (okay, anything with Jeffrey Coombs as Shran) were good episodes. Shran is going to be in the season finale and so is the Vulcan Soval. Two of the better developed secondary characters. Too bad the show didn't do a whole lot with the Klingons. oh well....

This post has been edited by CitizenK: May 11th 2005, 2:07 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kirsti
post May 11th 2005, 3:20 PM
Post #26

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,142

It would be great if t'pol and trip finally got to gether, put I think the show will be back again, probalay after a few more movies.
+Quote Post
wack
post May 11th 2005, 4:50 PM
Post #27

Unregistered

QUOTE(kirsti @ May 11th 2005, 9:20 PM)
It would be great if t'pol and trip finally got to gether, put I think the show will be back again, probalay after a few more movies.

There was enough of Trip and T'pol in the third season to last me a life time. In the end i got so sick of the two of them. Who the hell wants to see a vulcan butt? Yeah she's hot but thats not what star trek stood for.

This post has been edited by wack: May 11th 2005, 4:51 PM
+Quote Post
Janos
post May 11th 2005, 5:21 PM
Post #28

Posts in his underwear
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,403

QUOTE(wack @ May 11th 2005, 3:50 PM)
Who the hell wants to see a vulcan butt?

You're talking about T'Pol's butt? Jolene Blalock? I sure do!
+Quote Post
bigjohn_1972
post May 12th 2005, 12:13 PM
Post #29

Brigadier General
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,135

QUOTE(wack @ May 11th 2005,04:50 PM)
Who the hell wants to see a vulcan butt?
QUOTE(Janos @ May 11th 2005, 5:21 PM)

You're talking about T'Pol's butt? Jolene Blalock? I sure do!

Me me me (waives arm high in the air)

She is smoking hot! I wanted to see more Human / Vulcan love baby!

lol
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post May 12th 2005, 2:36 PM
Post #30

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,565

QUOTE(bigjohn_1972 @ May 12th 2005, 1:13 PM)
Me me me (waives arm high in the air)

She is smoking hot! I wanted to see more Human / Vulcan love baby!

lol

You don' want to see A human/vulcan love child you want to help CREATE one. w00t.gif And put your arm down, you look so silly waving it like that. 1.gif

I hope we get to see what happens to the baby though. Maybe with Riker and Troi talkin about it. Maybe they will mention it.

This post has been edited by Auntie Em!: May 12th 2005, 2:37 PM
+Quote Post
bigjohn_1972
post May 12th 2005, 11:37 PM
Post #31

Brigadier General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ May 12th 2005, 2:36 PM)
You don' want to see A human/vulcan love child you want to help CREATE one.  w00t.gif

MMMaaybe, lol

Hey what warm blooded hetero man wouldn't?
+Quote Post
Atlantians
post May 13th 2005, 1:39 AM
Post #32

First Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,349

It is Enterprise btw. I learned that when I was 5..... my mom liked StarTrek... alot............
+Quote Post
Mike
post May 14th 2005, 8:02 PM
Post #33

I Piss Excellence
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 957

Well Jolene Blalock called the final episode of Enterprise "appualing" and after watching that final episode I have to agree. You know it's bad when you have a cast member bash an episode.

I fully understand that they were probably short on time to put something together after comfirmation that there will not be a renewal but I think they could have done a better job in giving the series a proper send off.

Proof positive that the series needs a break.
+Quote Post
Space_butterfly
post May 14th 2005, 11:32 PM
Post #34

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,152

I agree! The last episode was terrible! I can't believe they killed you-know-who off!! Even the last few episodes were not that great because it felt like they were rushing and trying to cram every loose end into just a few episodes.

Despite all this, I have to say that it was pretty cool having all the captains of the Enterprise, past & presant to do the "space the final frontier......" thing at the end.

BTW, did we actually SEE Trip dead? - Movie! I know that's just wishful thinking......

Space butterfly

This post has been edited by Space_butterfly: May 14th 2005, 11:33 PM
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post May 15th 2005, 8:52 AM
Post #35

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,565

I have NO ideal why they killed him off. Space butterfly your funny. You were afraid to say who died so you said "you know who" but than asked if we really saw Trip dead. LOL. I think maybe they did it so that him and T'pol would not get together and have a hybrid baby. I hope they bring him back. Maybe his cloned self that died so that the REAL trip could be healed is a possiblity. The one who was shot into space. They could make it so that he is captured by a alien species and brought back to life. Oh....oh wait. .....that was already a Voyager episode. Oh well. Why the hell not! Lets do it again. biggrin.gif

PS It was a HORRIBLE episode. Very stupid. Too damn corney.
+Quote Post
danielfan
post May 15th 2005, 9:40 AM
Post #36

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,002

no they did not show him dead. The last thing they showed of him was him winking as they put him in a chamber (cryogenic?). They next thing we know T'Pol is packing up his belongings and she and Archer are talking about not beilieving he is really gone.
I really think they should have left out the entire ST:TNG part and spent that time actually developing the story.

I agree with Space butterfly... the ending was cool. Actually it was the only good part about the whole episode
+Quote Post
Mike
post May 15th 2005, 10:01 AM
Post #37

I Piss Excellence
Group Icon

Well in Hollywood the rule of thumb is this:

No dead body, possibility of return.

It plays out in soap operas, sci-fi television and other genres of entertainment.

For all intents and purposes I thought Spock was dead after the second movie but the writers decided to play the Genesis card and brought him back.

In the sci-fi universe the opportunity for someone to come back is easier to justify through a variety of practices or events. (i.e. going back in time, cloning, etc. . )
+Quote Post
Kuwdora
post May 15th 2005, 11:55 AM
Post #38

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 541

The next Star Trek movie will not feature any regular cast from Enterprise, DS9 or Voyager. The new Trek flick'll have a completely new cast of characters and take place during the formation of the Federation.

and huh. Should I actually watch this series finale when my Fox station airs it tonight? *scratches head* I like Riker and I like Troi. I also am curious when Blalock bashes the story, too. Heh.
+Quote Post
CitizenK
post May 15th 2005, 1:19 PM
Post #39

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,783

QUOTE(Mike @ May 15th 2005, 10:01 AM)
Well in Hollywood the rule of thumb is this:

No dead body, possibility of return.

It plays out in soap operas, sci-fi television and other genres of entertainment.

For all intents and purposes I thought Spock was dead after the second movie but the writers decided to play the Genesis card and brought him back.

In the sci-fi universe the opportunity for someone to come back is easier to justify through a variety of practices or events. (i.e. going back in time, cloning, etc. . )

I agree with Mike, in sci-fi, no one ever really dies. Although, when I was listening to Troi and Riker talk about the deaths as a result of Archer disobeying orders to help Shran, I was under the impression that Trip had died. They didn't mention anything about anyone being in cryogenic stasis.

I have mixed reviews for the finale. I enjoyed seeing Riker and Troi. And I liked the idea that the incident was being played out on the holodeck.

But, what I didn't like is finding out that after being a crew for ten years, no one seemed to get a promotion. You'd have thought that maybe Reed would have been a first officer. Trip, had he lived, would have had his own command. Stuff like that. Although, the uniforms weren't bad. kinda liked those.

No, I don't think the finale was as good as it could have been. The prior eps were better.

so, does this mean the Star Trek franchise takes a rest for a while or do you think there will be another series ready to go by next season ??
+Quote Post
mithwriter
post May 15th 2005, 5:23 PM
Post #40

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 885

QUOTE(CitizenK @ May 15th 2005, 1:19 PM)
...so, does this mean the Star Trek franchise takes a rest for a while or do you think there will be another series ready to go by next season ??

If no announcement had been made already, then there's no new show coming. It takes about a year from preproduction to pilot ep for effects-heavy shows.

Also, isn't Star Wars coming out with two new shows soon? One animated, the other-live action? Between that, two Stargate shows and BSG, the Star Trek franchise should just go hide in a bunker for awhile and re-evalutate what to do next in a couple of years. I think when they finally decide to do something there's going to have to be a lot of changes, both in storytelling technique and what they decide to cover. You can't expect the same formula to attract good ratings when there are so much more innovative shows on the air. Maybe that works for the die-hard Trekker who wants the same show and over again for 100 years, but the rest of us would welcome the challange of watching a changed Star Trek...albeit done in an intelligent way.
+Quote Post
bigjohn_1972
post May 16th 2005, 12:32 AM
Post #41

Brigadier General
Group Icon

I felt totally let down with the final ep.

I am an Enterprise fan, and did like the show but wow, that blew.

I also absolutely knew that we wouldn't hear Archer?s speech. It was supposed to be fantastic, so there wouldn't be any writers on the show who could pull it off.

Should have gotten one of Bill Clinton?s speech writers who was a fan or something, and then maybe I would not have been let down so much.

You know, I feel cheated, I don't think I am going to buy the Enterprise DVD's.
+Quote Post
ted_simple
post May 16th 2005, 1:53 PM
Post #42

SIR Ted Simple
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,194

QUOTE(bigjohn_1972 @ May 16th 2005, 6:32 AM)
I also absolutely knew that we wouldn't hear Archer?s speech. It was supposed to be fantastic, so there wouldn't be any writers on the show who could pull it off.

Yeah, a whole series of underachievements. That's the bitter note the last episode leaves. After the new courses of seasons 3 and 4 it is shameful they couldn't make sense of it but presented us a retarded phaserfight ? la season 2. I guess Rick Berman crawled out of his cave. Or was I meaning to say grave? wink.gif

One more thing: If anyone has an idea how this self-indulgent trip to the Holodeck possibly helped Riker make his decision in the TNG episode, please let me know.

Although, when I was listening to Troi and Riker talk about the deaths as a result of Archer disobeying orders to help Shran, I was under the impression that Trip had died.

See Star Trek 10: Nemesis. Data's Death. It's just a cheap way to make the episode look important while good writing is missing.

This post has been edited by ted_simple: May 16th 2005, 2:04 PM
+Quote Post
Cereal13killer
post May 22nd 2005, 2:32 AM
Post #43

Airman Basic

Member No.: 8,841

The last episode of Enterprise was the worst than Star Trek IV. It was the worst episode of science fiction to ever hit the airways. That being said, I'm glad we still get SG1 and Atlantis because they're shows which provide quality television to their viewers.
With episodes like that, Star Trek doesn't deserve to be on the air. All hail Stargate hehe smile.gif
+Quote Post
Mike
post May 22nd 2005, 9:17 PM
Post #44

I Piss Excellence
Group Icon

As I mentioned before some where else, Stargate fans will see more of Jolen Blalock in season nine of SG-1 in her full bodied, hair down and emotional beauty role.

To the victor go the spoils.
+Quote Post
Cereal13killer
post May 23rd 2005, 4:22 AM
Post #45

Airman Basic

Member No.: 8,841

taking the only good thing from enterprise! smile.gif Love it!
+Quote Post
ted_simple
post May 23rd 2005, 7:24 PM
Post #46

SIR Ted Simple
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,194

QUOTE(Janos @ May 11th 2005, 5:58 PM)
You know what would have been cool? If you see Q walking around in the background watching the crew. This is Earth's first trip into deep space, Q could have caused something to happen and then watched to see what happened as a kind of set up to Encounter at Farpoint a few centuries later. When the episode ends, the crew never figures out what really happened, but everyone who has watched Star Trek and knows who Q is figures it out. That'd be kind of cool!

That's too human-centered for my taste. I liked Q in the TNG Pilot saying humans have been too unsignificent thus far to be dealt with. So that picture would be totally destroyed if Q showed any interest in some tiny planet's first "deep space" mission.

I think Voyager had done enough to stress the importance of humanity - we battle the Borg like nothing, have a hand in the Q's civil war... not to speak of our moral superiority.
+Quote Post
Mike
post May 23rd 2005, 8:17 PM
Post #47

I Piss Excellence
Group Icon

I guess UPN didn't get the message of how bad the series finale was. The silly network is going to present an encore presentation this Friday.

At this point I would take a bad episode of "Seven Days" over Enterprise anytime.
+Quote Post
wack
post May 24th 2005, 5:52 AM
Post #48

Unregistered

QUOTE(ted_simple @ May 24th 2005, 1:24 AM)
That's too human-centered for my taste. I liked Q in the TNG Pilot saying humans have been too unsignificent thus far to be dealt with. So that picture would be totally destroyed if Q showed any interest in some tiny planet's first "deep space" mission.

I think Voyager had done enough to stress the importance of humanity - we battle the Borg like nothing, have a hand in the Q's civil war... not to speak of our moral superiority.

It would have been great if Q and Picard where there. We know Q took picard on some kinda to at end of TNG.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 2nd 2014 - 6:35 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.