Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  
3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Enterprize, The Last Few Eps, They've Been Good !
CitizenK
post Apr 25th 2005, 12:11 PM
Post #1

Captain
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,783

Have any of you folks been watching the last few eps of Enterprize ? You know, I'm shocked but they've been pretty good.

I was watching their AU (aka Mirror Mirror) episode over the weekend and it was really good ! It's a two parter called In a Mirror Darkly.

Basically, it's the same old story we've seen before i.e. the Terrans have a neo-fascist type empire that they are trying to expand. But, I think their writers did a good job. Unlike the second half of Moebius.... <eh-hem>..... You've got Hoshi sleeping with Archer. Porthos is a pitbull. Major Reed invented the discipline booth. Meriweather is a storm trooper. etc....

Why is it that a show gets better just as it's ready to be cancelled ?

*sigh*
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Janos
post Apr 25th 2005, 3:56 PM
Post #2

Posts in his underwear
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,403

I thought the Mirror Universe came from when Kahn detonated Nuclear Bombs on Earth.... Wasn't Kahn around a long time after Enterprise's time?
+Quote Post
Kuwdora
post Apr 25th 2005, 4:09 PM
Post #3

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 541

I'll only be watching the season finale because of the The Next Generation ties. I read some spoilers in last week's TVGuide. Apparenty Riker and Troi make an apperance and the last ep of Enterprise is suppose to shed some light on TNG stuff.. or something.

I only liked Phlox anyway. Good riddence, I say. let the franchise slumber for awhile.
+Quote Post
FreddyKrueger
post Apr 25th 2005, 4:41 PM
Post #4

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,315

QUOTE(CitizenK @ Apr 25th 2005, 12:11 PM)
You've got Hoshi sleeping with Archer. Porthos is a pitbull. Major Reed invented the discipline booth. Meriweather is a storm trooper. etc....

You forgot T'Pol looked f*cking hot.

---FreddyKrueger---
+Quote Post
CitizenK
post Apr 25th 2005, 8:15 PM
Post #5

Captain
Group Icon

QUOTE(Janos @ Apr 25th 2005, 3:56 PM)
I thought the Mirror Universe came from when Kahn detonated Nuclear Bombs on Earth.... Wasn't Kahn around a long time after Enterprise's time?

In the original series episode Mirror Mirror, the AU breach between the two universes was because of an ion storm. But, there was a different reason when DS9 used that AU theme. Can't quite recall what that was.

But, it's not a wonder freddkreuger was calling T'Pol hot. Most of her mid-drift was showing. Commander Tucker had half his face scared with radiation poisoning. It was fun to watch him hit on T'Pol.

Next week's ep has the evil versions of the Enterprize crew pretending to be the "good" crew of the Starship Defiant. Not to be confused with the Defiant from DS9, but it's namesake from the ST series. Archer gets to put on the green Captain Kirk Jersey. At least he doesn't need the girdle to get into it ! laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Apr 25th 2005, 8:42 PM
Post #6

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,565

What happens if they decide due to viewership demand to bring the show back for a few more years. Is because its an AU mean they can discount it. Is the show going to end on the AU Enterprise. I hope not.
+Quote Post
Janos
post Apr 25th 2005, 9:01 PM
Post #7

Posts in his underwear
Group Icon

QUOTE(CitizenK @ Apr 25th 2005, 7:15 PM)
In the original series episode Mirror Mirror, the AU breach between the two universes was because of an ion storm. But, there was a different reason when DS9 used that AU theme. Can't quite recall what that was.

Right. In TOS, they beamed through an ion storm. The DS9 also did the said it was because of the transporter, it later became a device they had to hold while they were being transported.

But what I was talking about was what caused the Empire to form. I was referring to the reason what would have become the Federation became the Empire (the evil Universe). I can't remember exactly since it's been a long time since I've seen Mirror, Mirror - but I could have sworn that they said it was when Kahn and his followers detonated nukes on Earth. That was the turning point in the Alternate Universe that made them evil and which didn't happen in the normal universe. And I thought the whole Kahn storyline happened after the time period that Enterprise is in.
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Apr 29th 2005, 8:05 PM
Post #8

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

OK I just saw part 2 of Dark Mirror. I really do not see where this is going. I don't understand why they cancelled the series. They should have revampted it first.

OK this is just to bizarre. What is happening? Do any of you guys have an ideal? Explain it to me, please. Archer is a racist pig who is to blood full of himself. Other than that what gives.
+Quote Post
ted_simple
post Apr 30th 2005, 3:52 AM
Post #9

SIR Ted Simple
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,194

QUOTE(Janos @ Apr 26th 2005, 3:01 AM)
Right. In TOS, they beamed through an ion storm. The DS9 also did the said it was because of the transporter, it later became a device they had to hold while they were being transported.

But what I was talking about was what caused the Empire to form. I was referring to the reason what would have become the Federation became the Empire (the evil Universe). I can't remember exactly since it's been a long time since I've seen Mirror, Mirror - but I could have sworn that they said it was when Kahn and his followers detonated nukes on Earth. That was the turning point in the Alternate Universe that made them evil and which didn't happen in the normal universe. And I thought the whole Kahn storyline happened after the time period that Enterprise is in.

I think Khan was born earlier. If I remember correctly the Eugenic wars took place in the 2120s or so. There was a three-parter in Enterprise's season 4 in which surviving "Augments" appeared. Khan should originate from the same time, he was in stasis when the TOS crew found them.
QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Apr 30th 2005, 2:05 AM)
I don't understand why they cancelled the series.

Erm ... Bad ratings for years. Burnt-out ideas. That's why. It only stayed on air because it had Trek in its name. Sure it wasn't all that bad. But it just didn't cut it.
QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Apr 30th 2005, 2:05 AM)
They should have revampted it first.

In case you didn't notice, they tried over and over. Season 3 was a totally new course. Then season 4. The decision to cancel the series was delayed again and again, and then made when the first half of season 4 was shown. It doesn't matter what came after then.

Sure you can be disappointed that the series is discontinued. But the way you say it it's silly. Stargate could have been cancelled almost every year, and we (the fans) could live with the prospect. Now a Trek series is cancelled (what has been quite foreseeable for some time) and Trek fans are surprised and come whining.

Personal opinion: I've heard the next Trek series will come out in a few years. I think the creative break is a good idea.

This post has been edited by ted_simple: Apr 30th 2005, 4:15 AM
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Apr 30th 2005, 8:13 AM
Post #10

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Well I think the ideal of doing a prequil was good. How they did it was not. I did notice the change but never really paid attention to the ratings. It was not good enough for me to say "....naw I don't want to go out tonight Enterprise is on." Like I have done with Stargate. I think the acters were good but the writers sucked. I will miss Archer and Tripp.
+Quote Post
Janos
post Apr 30th 2005, 2:59 PM
Post #11

Posts in his underwear
Group Icon

QUOTE(ted_simple @ Apr 30th 2005, 2:52 AM)
I think Khan was born earlier. If I remember correctly the Eugenic wars took place in the 2120s or so. There was a three-parter in Enterprise's season 4 in which surviving "Augments" appeared. Khan should originate from the same time, he was in stasis when the TOS crew found them.

Ok, that makes more sense. I guess that would have made Archer and his crew the first of the Empire's ships to go out.
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Apr 30th 2005, 5:48 PM
Post #12

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

OK are you guys saying that the "Empire" in this OU Enterprise is really what would have happened if the Eugenics war would have been won by Khan?
+Quote Post
Andorian15
post Apr 30th 2005, 6:04 PM
Post #13

:)
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,943

QUOTE(Kuwdora @ Apr 25th 2005, 4:09 PM)
I'll only be watching the season finale because of the The Next Generation ties. I read some spoilers in last week's TVGuide. Apparenty Riker and Troi make an apperance and the last ep of Enterprise is suppose to shed some light on TNG stuff.. or something.

Read this spoiler:

Click for Spoiler

I think I know the shipit takes place in:
Click for Spoiler

I think I know who dies!
Click for Spoiler
+Quote Post
mithwriter
post Apr 30th 2005, 6:28 PM
Post #14

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 885

QUOTE(CitizenK @ Apr 25th 2005, 12:11 PM)
Have any of you folks been watching the last few eps of Enterprize ? You know, I'm shocked but they've been pretty good.

I was watching their AU (aka Mirror Mirror) episode over the weekend and it was really good ! It's a two parter called In a Mirror Darkly.

Basically, it's the same old story we've seen before i.e. the Terrans have a neo-fascist type empire that they are trying to expand. But, I think their writers did a good job. Unlike the second half of Moebius.... <eh-hem>..... You've got Hoshi sleeping with Archer. Porthos is a pitbull. Major Reed invented the discipline booth. Meriweather is a storm trooper. etc....

Why is it that a show gets better just as it's ready to be cancelled ?

*sigh*

See, now I was watching this ep too, and I started laughing at the utter cheesiness of it all because it was so obvious a 're-make' of Mirror Mirror. It is at that point that I lost all respect I had left for this show...

good riddance...
+Quote Post
CitizenK
post May 1st 2005, 2:57 PM
Post #15

Captain
Group Icon

QUOTE(mithwriter @ Apr 30th 2005, 6:28 PM)
See, now I was watching this ep too, and I started laughing at the utter cheesiness of it all because it was so obvious a 're-make' of Mirror Mirror. It is at that point that I lost all respect I had left for this show...

good riddance...

Oh, Mith ! but, that cheesiness is what I LOVED most about In a Mirror Darkly, part I and II !!!! It was a shameless ripoff of Mirror, Mirror. That's why I got a kick out of it.

At this point, since the show has been cancelled, the writers know they don't have anything to lose, so why not have some fun ? Actually, I had a good time finding all the shameless ripoff references.... such as...

The radiation burns that Cmdr Tucker sports look alot like the burns that Captain Pike had in Menagerie. The Tholians and Gorns make an appearance. Oh, the man who played Admiral Black has appeared in episodes of Voyager, DS9 and Enterprize. He's also the current president on 24. Gary Graham has also appeared numerous times playing different characters as well.

Let's see, what else... Oh, I loved the opening credits !!! What a scream to see how the Terran Empire evolved out of Earth's warlike history. At least, they were keeping the theme going.

And well, when you don't have anything to lose because your show has been cancelled, why not kill off all your main characters and have Hoshi Sato end up as Empress !!

Aunty Em was dismayed that she didn't understand the ending of the two parter. Well, it made perfect sense to me. The writers just decided to kill off all their favorite characters in one big blaze of glory. I mean, what else could be the most unlikely ending ? Nope, making Ensign Sato the Empress makes perfect sense. She poisons Archer and as he dies, he gets to see Hoshi making out with her new lover, Merriweather.

now, that just leaves some unfinished mythology to resolve. Next week's ep, we find out that Tucker and T'Pol were the first human and vulcan to have a child. should be fun.

+Quote Post
ted_simple
post May 1st 2005, 3:29 PM
Post #16

SIR Ted Simple
Group Icon

QUOTE(CitizenK @ May 1st 2005, 8:57 PM)
Oh, Mith ! but, that cheesiness is what I LOVED most about In a Mirror Darkly, part I and II !!!! It was a shameless ripoff of Mirror, Mirror. That's why I got a kick out of it.

At this point, since the show has been cancelled, the writers know they don't have anything to lose, so why not have some fun ? Actually, I had a good time finding all the shameless ripoff references.... such as...

IMO it's still a shame to end a series. I've got the impression they've nothing else to show than this nonsense. Every series should show it's own originality towards the end. Especially Enterprise! It was always said to be non-original, a remake of Star Trek, and now it has proven exactly that.

Edit: The are some reflections on the series as such. The opening credits are a clear anti-theme to the normal credits. Still, the series ends with the note "it has all been a silly circus". Wow, what a great message (attention, sarcasm!)

This post has been edited by ted_simple: May 1st 2005, 3:35 PM
+Quote Post
Lantouf
post May 1st 2005, 6:47 PM
Post #17

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,624

QUOTE(Janos @ Apr 25th 2005, 6:01 PM)

In DS9 the first time they got to the Mirror Universe while going through the wormhole, they had a disembalance in their plasma injector or something, the next time we saw the Mirror Universe is when O'Brien used a device to modify the transporter to take them there. And Kahn detonated nukes in both realities, that was the start of WWIII. It was First Contact that set the universes apart.

And in the original Star Trek timeline the Eugenics wars took place from 1996 to 1998, but it was changed to 2050 to 2052, because of apparent reasons.

[quote=Andorian15,Apr 30th 2005, 3:04 PM]
Read this spoiler:

Click for Spoiler

Click for Spoiler

This post has been edited by Lantouf: May 1st 2005, 6:53 PM
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post May 1st 2005, 9:36 PM
Post #18

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

QUOTE(CitizenK @ May 1st 2005, 3:57 PM)
Aunty Em was dismayed that she didn't understand the ending of the two parter. Well, it made perfect sense to me. The writers just decided to kill off all their favorite characters in one big blaze of glory.?

This is what I asked "OK are you guys saying that the "Empire" in this OU Enterprise is really what would have happened if the Eugenics war would have been won by Khan?
Citizen K why are you alway so rude to me? Where did you get I was "Dismayed"? I asked a question because I did not get something on the show. Why belittle? Why could you not just answer my question or just NOT say anything at all? You know I am reading this forum. Why talk ABOUT me as if I am not here but not DIRECTLY at me?

This post has been edited by Auntie Em!: May 1st 2005, 9:41 PM
+Quote Post
ted_simple
post May 3rd 2005, 1:46 PM
Post #19

SIR Ted Simple
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lantouf @ May 2nd 2005, 12:47 AM)
Click for Spoiler

Click for Spoiler

This post has been edited by ted_simple: May 3rd 2005, 1:53 PM
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post May 8th 2005, 12:58 PM
Post #20

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Now THAT was an excellent episode. I do not understand why they could not write episodes like this before they got cut. It was wonderful. Exciting. Full of mystery. I am dying to know what happens to the baby.

The CG was not as good as SG1 but still good.

+Quote Post
wack
post May 8th 2005, 8:15 PM
Post #21

Unregistered

Where hell was Manny Coto for season 3? He could have stopped B&B from selling off what Star Trek stood for and trying to attract horny nerds by flashing nude bits of T'pol.

*Sigh*

At least the new series is better then the others one thing i don't like about it is the fact that there is alot of 3 episode arcs. What happened to the stand alone episodes that made TNG great?
+Quote Post
bigjohn_1972
post May 8th 2005, 11:57 PM
Post #22

Brigadier General
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,135

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Apr 30th 2005, 8:13 AM)
Well I think the ideal of doing a prequil was good. How they did it was not. I did notice the change but never really paid attention to the ratings. It was not good enough for me to say "....naw I don't want to go out tonight Enterprise is on." Like I have done with Stargate. I think the acters were good but the writers sucked. I will miss Archer and Tripp.

I liked the show too, people thought it sucked I guess. Wasn't there like 3 millions viewers though, is that not enough? What does Stargate get?

I liked the stories too, maybe I am a sucker, but it's not like I liked all the Star Trek series. Never got into Deep Space 9, didn't like Voyager in the beginning, but like Enterprise pretty well off the start, and I didn't like Scott Bakula much at all! (before Enterprise that is).

I for one will miss the show, I think it is too bad a deal couldn't be made with Sci-Fi or some other network.

Oh, and did anyone else think the 3 dancing Orion women hot, like super hot? I don't know who choreographed them, but man that was saweet! I had to d/l that ep, and I regret deleting it, should have kept that scene!!!
+Quote Post
CitizenK
post May 11th 2005, 4:30 AM
Post #23

Captain
Group Icon

QUOTE(bigjohn_1972 @ May 8th 2005, 11:57 PM)
I liked the show too, people thought it sucked I guess. Wasn't there like 3 millions viewers though, is that not enough? What does Stargate get?

I liked the stories too, maybe I am a sucker, but it's not like I liked all the Star Trek series. Never got into Deep Space 9, didn't like Voyager in the beginning, but like Enterprise pretty well off the start, and I didn't like Scott Bakula much at all! (before Enterprise that is).

I for one will miss the show, I think it is too bad a deal couldn't be made with Sci-Fi or some other network.

Oh, and did anyone else think the 3 dancing Orion women hot, like super hot? I don't know who choreographed them, but man that was saweet! I had to d/l that ep, and I regret deleting it, should have kept that scene!!!

I've been pleasantly surprized at how good the writing on Enterprise has been for this season. The writers have really taken the time to tie in the original series lore very nicely. Take last week's episode for example. I loved how they referenced Colonel Green's eugenics program. I think only DS9 had an episode that even remotely discussed his impact.

And I tell you, it was nice to see Peter Weller ! I don't know the last movie or TV show I've seen him in. Sure, I seen Robocop and Screamers. But, what's he been doing lately ? He looked great.

As for Scott Bakula, I'll admit it, I loved him in Quantum Leap and he's been good as Archer. I think the writers tried to make Archer less omnipotent and more flawed. You know it seemed like previous Star Fleet captains could do anything, but Archer... well, he gets beat up, alot.

I think the only person I would have enjoyed seeing on Enterprise this season is Q. It would have been nice to see John DeLancie reprise his Q role one last time. Personally, I'm going to miss T'Pol and Malcolm Reed. I specifically remember how much he loved her bum from season one.

This post has been edited by CitizenK: May 11th 2005, 4:32 AM
+Quote Post
Janos
post May 11th 2005, 11:58 AM
Post #24

Posts in his underwear
Group Icon

QUOTE(CitizenK @ May 11th 2005, 3:30 AM)
I think the only person I would have enjoyed seeing on Enterprise this season is Q. It would have been nice to see John DeLancie reprise his Q role one last time.

You know what would have been cool? If you see Q walking around in the background watching the crew. This is Earth's first trip into deep space, Q could have caused something to happen and then watched to see what happened as a kind of set up to Encounter at Farpoint a few centuries later. When the episode ends, the crew never figures out what really happened, but everyone who has watched Star Trek and knows who Q is figures it out. That'd be kind of cool!
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 24th 2014 - 9:10 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.