Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> July 2005 Burbank Official Stargate Convention, won a pair of tix! anyone going there?
youngjediboy
post Apr 9th 2005, 7:11 AM
Post #1

Airman
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,547

Hey everyone! I got email from Adam from sg1archive.com that I won a pair of tickets to the Burbank Stargate convention in July!
How many of you are going?

The email said "regular weekend passes" so I'm wondering how different it would be from "gold" passes. At the creationent website, I only saw "gold" passes and no mention of regular so I'm wondering if there is a difference or if I'd only be going but without all of the cool extras.

Anyway... since I'm getting a pair of tickets... I'm wondering if there's a cool girl here who'd like to go together... since I don't know many people in real life who's into Stargate.

And if any of you from these message boards are going, maybe we can hang out there. I'll pretty much be by myself, so it'd be cool to meet other people from these forums. smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
three fries shortofa happymeal
post Apr 11th 2005, 2:13 PM
Post #2

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,111

well, i would jump at the chance to go with you, but i live in the UK
i'm skint so i couldn't afford a plane ticket lol

i was hoping for ages that i would recieve that email, well done for winning the tickets, you'll have a great time i'm sure
+Quote Post
youngjediboy
post Apr 12th 2005, 10:19 PM
Post #3

Airman
Group Icon

QUOTE(three fries shortofa happymeal @ Apr 11th 2005, 2:13 PM)
well, i would jump at the chance to go with you, but i live in the UK
i'm skint so i couldn't afford a plane ticket lol

i was hoping for ages that i would recieve that email, well done for winning the tickets, you'll have a great time i'm sure

Yeah.. sorry to hear about that... and yeah, I only won the tickets for the convention. I'll still need to spend quite a lot of money for transportation and especially the hotel costs.

And sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm American... what does "skint" mean?
+Quote Post
LoneWolf84
post Apr 13th 2005, 11:42 AM
Post #4

Local Werewolf
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,586

Regular tickets get you in the door.

Gold tickets get you autographs, cabere and a desert and/or breakfast with the stars. Basically you get a lot more one on one time with the stars that regular pass holders can't get.

However, with regular passes you can still buy autographic, picture and cabere tickets for an additional cost ($20-60 for pictures, can't remember autograph price).

Gold pass holds also get reserved seats, regular don't, so get there EARLY (specially on the day with bigger stars).
+Quote Post
youngjediboy
post Apr 13th 2005, 2:23 PM
Post #5

Airman
Group Icon

QUOTE(LoneWolf84 @ Apr 13th 2005, 11:42 AM)
Regular tickets get you in the door.

Gold tickets get you autographs, cabere and a desert and/or breakfast with the stars.  Basically you get a lot more one on one time with the stars that regular pass holders can't get.

However, with regular passes you can still buy autographic, picture and cabere tickets for an additional cost ($20-60 for pictures, can't remember autograph price).

Gold pass holds also get reserved seats, regular don't, so get there EARLY (specially on the day with bigger stars).

Hmm.. but at the CreationEnt website, they aren't even selling regular tickets to the Burbank convention. So... are they all sold out or am I going to be the only person there with a regular ticket while everyone else has the Gold passes? There isn't even a mention of general/regular tickets sold at the door or anything like the other conventions do. Just wondering what's the deal with that...
Sorry for being a pain...
+Quote Post
Linz
post Apr 13th 2005, 3:54 PM
Post #6

Second in Command
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 587

As the convention gets closer, they will put the general admission tickets on sale or people can buy them at the door. Trust me, you won't be the only one with regular tickets.
+Quote Post
youngjediboy
post Apr 14th 2005, 1:39 AM
Post #7

Airman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Linz @ Apr 13th 2005, 3:54 PM)
As the convention gets closer, they will put the general admission tickets on sale or people can buy them at the door.  Trust me, you won't be the only one with regular tickets.

Oh ok, I see. Thanks for clearing that up for me!
Hmm.. now I'm also wondering if it's even worth it to go all the way out there and rent a place if it's just for general admittance... I mean, the tickets are free and I'm grateful for them... but I mean they don't cost all that much and I don't know if I'd want to go through all the trouble to travel and rent a room just for a free ticket that otherwise costs a lot less than the other expenses... not to mention that I don't have anyone to go with...

Guess I'll just wait and see if I can find someone to go with. I only know one guy (well not that well) from work who's a huge SG-1 fan.. but he's also really cheap so who knows.
But if I don't end up going.. is there a way to give the tickets to somebody else?

This post has been edited by youngjediboy: Apr 14th 2005, 2:00 AM
+Quote Post
ramuund
post Apr 15th 2005, 6:42 AM
Post #8

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,871

Well done Jedi!

That is one lucky break but I know, as soon as you get back, you will fill us in on how it goes and who you met!

Once again, congrats..............and "skint" means no money.......the checking account is getting cobwebs! wink.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 23rd 2014 - 12:50 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.