> Stargate SG-1 Season Nine Teaser Airs, Sci Fi Channel
Pitry
post Mar 29th 2005, 3:05 PM
Post #25

Colonel
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 745

Not to stick to small details (*whistles*) but "New team"?

Did MS' beard insisted on being credited? Did CJ's hair got jealous? Has AT quit the show?...
New team member, I'd say. With all respect to BB, and I'm very positive about him being on the show, it's not a "new" team.
Meh.

As for Ms' beard.. yup, meh. I saw pictures fromsome con of MS with the beard, it looked good on him - and I really like the cruffy look - but... It doesn't look good on Daniel Jackson.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Arcady
post Mar 29th 2005, 3:12 PM
Post #26

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

AT was in the commercial, but I did not put up a screenshot since it was old footage (she has not started filming for season 9 yet, since she just had a baby.)
+Quote Post
The Shadow
post Mar 29th 2005, 3:21 PM
Post #27

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,326

All right, get ready for some spoilers. Here's what I gathered on what's happening to the SGC in season 9. crying.gif

Click for Spoiler

For more information, go to Gateworld.net
+Quote Post
Pitry
post Mar 29th 2005, 3:41 PM
Post #28

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 745

QUOTE(Arcady @ Mar 29th 2005, 10:12 PM)
AT was in the commercial, but I did not put up a screenshot since it was old footage (she has not started filming for season 9 yet, since she just had a baby.)

...sarcsm, sarcasm. smile.gif I know she didn't leave the show, I was just pointing out it isn't exactly a new team...
+Quote Post
Ghost Slider
post Mar 30th 2005, 8:46 PM
Post #29

Airman Basic

Member No.: 8,248

ICK!! Bearded Daniel?! Michael what were you thinking?! Get rid of that bush! If he wanted to change his look, he should have grown his hair back out. I just don't like beards.
+Quote Post
The Shadow
post Mar 31st 2005, 3:00 PM
Post #30

Airman First Class
Group Icon

QUOTE(Seshat @ Mar 29th 2005, 7:36 AM)
well I'm not sure who the person in the leather boots are but I reakon it's a girl just to surprise everyone. With a helmet so she can take it off and shake her  long hair lose...

I think the dude from farscape will be really good. He looks the part. I love a man in a uniform *sigh* looks quite intersting though. I think that they really need to destroy Anubis now. or is he dead already? the whole thing with him coming  back confused me.

I wonder what happened to jack? I think he gt posted somewhere else or maybe he's on that ship they are sendin to Atlantis. that would make sense beause he could comand it then.

what are you views on this?

Emma

For what you are asking about Jack, see my posting, click on spoilers.
+Quote Post
The Shadow
post Mar 31st 2005, 3:13 PM
Post #31

Airman First Class
Group Icon

QUOTE(Morgazum @ Mar 26th 2005, 4:13 PM)
This better not be the way they intend to end RDA's time with SG1. He better be in at least the first episoe of season 9 if not 2 or 3. Also I kind of wish SG1 would go back to the cliff hangers at the end of the season like Atlantis did this year.

Gives me sh*t to think about over the summer :-)

QUOTE(linda_lol @ Mar 27th 2005, 12:56 AM)
Three things.

First off, this Cameron Mitchell guy is HOT! I don't watch Farscape ( infact, the only SciFi I like is SG, lol! ) so I've never really gotten a good look at the guy. Anyways, excited about him. Very excited!

Number two, new General? Is this a spoiler or something? Can someone please tell me what happened to Jack? I don't really read any spoilers but for once I really wanna know whats goin on. The new General guy is freakin me out.

And three, what is with Daniel? He has a BEARD! No offense to anyone, but he really needs to shave cuz he looks stupid with it.

Don't you guys worry, Jack isn't gone, he's just got promoted off to Washington DC. Please don't get freak out about the new General, he is on our side, not NID, the guy is handpicked by Jack to run the SGC. And yes, we do have a new leader for SG-1, Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell, who used to be a F-302 pilot in " Lost City". If you guys need the full info. go to my posting and click spoiler. Trust me, I think the SGC is changed forever, this is a new team, not in the old team out, but in with the new member. But if you saw the season final, the original team is trapped back in time and 3 of the 4 are dead, so basiclly to me, this is a new team.
+Quote Post
Super Chunk
post Apr 1st 2005, 2:58 AM
Post #32

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,699

QUOTE(The Shadow @ Mar 31st 2005, 1:13 PM)
Don't you guys worry, Jack isn't gone, he's just got promoted off to Washington DC. Please don't get freak out about the new General, he is on our side, not NID, the guy is handpicked by Jack to run the SGC. And yes, we do have a new leader for SG-1, Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell, who used to be a F-302 pilot in " Lost City". If you guys need the full info. go to my posting and click spoiler. Trust me, I think the SGC is changed forever, this is a new team, not in the old team out, but in with the new member. But if you saw the season final, the original team is trapped back in time and 3 of the 4 are dead, so basiclly to me, this is a new team.

Ummm, No-one is actually dead. Because they hid the ZPM in a spot where it was found in thier "time" so no-one actually went back in time to die.
+Quote Post
jackoholic
post Apr 1st 2005, 1:41 PM
Post #33

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,851

crying.gif

I feel like i'm the only one who is not exited about next season, for me I invested in the Big Four and have found it hard to get comfortable with the different charachters they've been slowly adding.

I really liked Farscape and loved BB & CB in there respective roles in that show but found towards the end that it wasn't worth watching because it was just to far gone in one direction and they were no longer really meeting other aliens and interacting with different cultures like they used to.

In my own humble opinion this is the way i have seen Stargate going, lack of outside stimulation and a greater concentration on individual love lives, this is not what interests me unfortunatley.

Is there any indication as yet of how much screen time will be for Jack in the upcoming opener, and why is BB in charge of Sg1 as someone has indicated in previous comments, where the heck is Sam ? will she take over SG1 when she comes back?

As a long term fan and horder of all things Stargate I have actually decided not to buy all the DVD'S for season 8 as i would normaly do and only buy the ones with an ep on that I like this depresses me as for the last 7 years i have enjoyed (some to a lesser intent) all these ep's and have watched them all numerous times!

Well my point is I think! I need something to exite me about this upcoming season so someone please tell me that the Big four will get together for some screen time and I dont meen 30secs of them sitting on the edge of a lake.

Appologies for this rather down post - i think i'm going the menapause! sick.gif
+Quote Post
Carter-Hot
post Apr 1st 2005, 2:45 PM
Post #34

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,067

Well it has been reported that the 9th season will concentrate on the Ancients and the new aliens the Orii. So nothing to worry about. I just wanna understand the Pre-ascended Ancients a bit better.
+Quote Post
Goddess_Ma'at
post Apr 4th 2005, 4:33 AM
Post #35

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,317

its sooo cool that Ben Browler is joining SG1, I loved him in Farscape and he should fill the gap that Jack left nicely....he's great at the one liners.

Sam was in the commercial posted on the web, plus she prob needs baby time
+Quote Post
JMai
post Apr 7th 2005, 1:37 AM
Post #36

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,753

QUOTE(linda_lol @ Mar 27th 2005, 1:56 AM)
Three things.

First off, this Cameron Mitchell guy is HOT! I don't watch Farscape ( infact, the only SciFi I like is SG, lol! ) so I've never really gotten a good look at the guy. Anyways, excited about him. Very excited!

Number two, new General? Is this a spoiler or something? Can someone please tell me what happened to Jack? I don't really read any spoilers but for once I really wanna know whats goin on. The new General guy is freakin me out.

And three, what is with Daniel? He has a BEARD! No offense to anyone, but he really needs to shave cuz he looks stupid with it.

Click for Spoiler
+Quote Post
JMai
post Apr 7th 2005, 1:42 AM
Post #37

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,753

QUOTE(jackoholic @ Apr 1st 2005, 2:41 PM)

Is there any indication as yet of how much screen time will be for Jack in the upcoming opener, and why is BB in charge of Sg1 as someone has indicated in previous comments, where the heck is Sam ? will she take over SG1 when she comes back?

From what i've read on this site is
Click for Spoiler

as for Sam, I have no clue but i would think she'd be taking some time off for her baby

Jen

This post has been edited by JMai: Apr 7th 2005, 1:44 AM
+Quote Post
-Jack O'Neill-
post Apr 26th 2005, 7:38 PM
Post #38

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,989

Personnaly i think Carter shud be in charge of Sg-1 even if she isnt there for abit. She has much more experience then the new dude and i believe they are the same rank?
+Quote Post
LuvThatShanks
post May 12th 2005, 7:01 AM
Post #39

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,409

I wondered how they were going to deal with the slight resemblence between Ben Browder and Michael Shanks. I've seen stills and promo shots where it is possible to mistake Browder for Shanks.

Presumbably Danny just has a beard for a bit to help with the transistion for viewers?

It really is easy to tell them apart when they speak though. So...huh.

Shave Shanks.

This post has been edited by LuvThatShanks: May 12th 2005, 7:02 AM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 26th 2014 - 3:44 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.