Rating  4
chiroho
post Feb 11th 2003, 8:30 AM
Post #25

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 535

QUOTE (pinkdolphi @ Jan 25 2003, 02:28 AM)
Can you guys believe the explosion scene where the agent landed on top of Carter? tongue.gif

But then she says "What are you doing?", as in like get the hell off me! I guess that the NID forgets that most of the members of the SGC are soldiers who are actually more used to things going bang than they are!

That reminds me of an interview with Sam Neill about the third Jurassic Park movie. He was commenting on the plane crash scene. His words were something to the effect that although it was bumpy and everyone was being thrown around and bruised, it was good because eveyone got to land on Tea Leoni at some point! wink.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lezlow
post Feb 25th 2003, 10:36 PM
Post #26

Brigadier General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 25

i really liked the part where teal'c punched that guy it was so funny i want to replay it over and over again and i want to see it in slow motion

i also like the fact that the plot was great they used old tech and they made it a good ep

the only bad thing about this ep is that that damn senator just cant die
i really wish he would die
a painful death
very painful
slow too
+Quote Post
Ster'ek
post Mar 23rd 2003, 6:16 PM
Post #27

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,074

i thought it was cool when the NID worked with SGC. maybe thats one less enemy. Also how did the senator know he was going to be president? we know he was in the episode "2010" but the only message that came into the present was the coordinates not anything else. How did the senator know about the future!?!? blink.gif online2long.gif
+Quote Post
Chico
post Apr 2nd 2003, 10:01 AM
Post #28

Airman Basic

Member No.: 1,259

the interrogation

that was just so beautifull w00t.gif
+Quote Post
Thor 2
post May 29th 2003, 9:23 AM
Post #29

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 991

Now that the replicators are no longer a threat (for the time being anyway), does anyone know if there is any chance the Asguard might be using those new bodies last seen in season 5 ep. 22 huh.gif
+Quote Post
DR Larry Murphy
post Jul 13th 2003, 6:28 PM
Post #30

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,388

If you get the dvd this is a good one to listen to on the commentary, Its also easy to spot the gaffs
+Quote Post
ramuund
post Jul 23rd 2003, 3:36 PM
Post #31

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,871

QUOTE (Ster'ek @ Mar 23 2003, 06:16 PM)
i thought it was cool when the NID worked with SGC. maybe thats one less enemy. Also how did the senator know he was going to be president? we know he was in the episode "2010" but the only message that came into the present was the coordinates not anything else. How did the senator know about the future!?!? blink.gif  online2long.gif

well at the very end it shows him doing an press thing and when jack shakes his hand he says that "you've just got me the presidency" or summit like that? he was campaigning and i think the writers wanted to insinuate that it had made the senator certain of victory-so no need to actually go into it and waste another episode!!

This post has been edited by ramuund: Jul 23rd 2003, 3:37 PM
+Quote Post
vecki
post Oct 20th 2003, 7:46 AM
Post #32

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,532

With the attempt to assassinate Kinsey now being a failure, I guess Kinsey figured that it was a real vote winner - especially as he was working to bring down 'undemoncratic elements' within the gov't (ie the current administration?!) whistling.gif
+Quote Post
Kinghans
post Oct 28th 2003, 12:10 PM
Post #33

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,327

Great ep! I love it when Teal'c "interrogates" the prisoner. He just sits down and looks him in the eye. The dude spills his guts all the way!

Greetz, King Hans biggrin.gif cool.gif biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
dorien
post Jan 19th 2004, 1:17 PM
Post #34

Major
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,776

From seeing the mimic devices in Foothold I thought they worked through skin contact. When Sam first tested the device on her hand it didn't appear like she activated an on/off switch. She simply looked like Daniel when there was skin contact but not when she carried the device in her pocket.

Which brings me to this episode. The thieving doctor wore the device on his chest but the NID assassin stuck the device to his shirt to look like Major Davis. Sam did the same thing to look like the NID assassin. I thought perhaps it's the difference between the original devices and ones made at Area 51 but that would only explain Sam's since the other was one of the twelve original.

Maybe skin contact isn't required but the device is merely hidden beneath the clothes. unsure.gif
+Quote Post
frenchman49
post Feb 17th 2004, 6:55 PM
Post #35

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,460

i think this episode is really cool maybe there can be more between the NID guy and sam. then maybe there can be an argument on who sam sleeps with; jack or the NID guy
+Quote Post
Aesir
post Feb 18th 2004, 3:27 AM
Post #36

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,811

QUOTE (frenchman49 @ Feb 17 2004, 11:55 PM)
i think this episode is really cool maybe there can be more between the NID guy and sam. then maybe there can be an argument on who sam sleeps with; jack or the NID guy

No way... I guess the flirting between Sam and the various guys is okay as it's on a very low level, but as it stands in season 7, Stargate SG-1 is already bordering on becoming too much of a soap opera in my opinion and I think that more relationship stuff would just be going over the top.

*SEASON 7 SPOILERS* (highlight to read)
I mean, Sam gets a proper boyfriend in the episode 'Chimera' and then there is still the thing with Jack going on... and just yesterday when 'Resurrection' aired, Agent Barrett hit on her again. I just think it's starting to get a little out of hand sad.gif
+Quote Post
The Doctor
post Feb 18th 2004, 3:28 PM
Post #37

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,365

Its an alright story. Jackk's expression looks really pained when hes shaking hands. Teal'c is brilliant when getting the truth out of the guy. wink.gif
+Quote Post
IceQueen
post Feb 23rd 2004, 10:18 AM
Post #38

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,607

It was a J/S shippy moment when Sam said, "What are you doing?" "Covering you" "Please get off me." It reminded me of that time Jack turned down Freya for Sam.

IMHO the only reason Barrett didn't sell Sam out is because he has feelings for her.

I loved the interrogation and the punch too. I don't think the guy would start talking IRL, though, just from Teal'c staring at him.

I guessed it was Sam in the conference room as the bearded guy.

Ooh. Another moment I liked was when Kinsey took all the credit for.. um, everything in his public speech and went, "Smile, you just won me the election." And they cut to Jack's grim face.

This post has been edited by IceQueen: Feb 23rd 2004, 10:18 AM
+Quote Post
Mac.Fan
post May 11th 2004, 7:02 AM
Post #39

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,500

Kinsey is up to his old tricks again. His plans back fired in the end to become president.Sam was able to work out that it was some one trying to look like Jack with the divice that got from the episode"foothold"
+Quote Post
laurab
post Sep 29th 2004, 11:40 PM
Post #40

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,499

This episode was continuing stuff from an episode in a previous season. How do I know? Coz at the start, it has that 'previously' shots- which weren't in the past few episodes.
Kinsey had last been in episode 510 ('2001') (as it says on this site).
All of the shots of Kinsey & O'Neill at the start (before the scene where Kinsey is shot) are from that episode.
+Quote Post
CitizenK
post Oct 18th 2004, 8:12 PM
Post #41

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,783

QUOTE (dorien @ Jan 19th 2004, 1:17 PM)
From seeing the mimic devices in Foothold I thought they worked through skin contact.  When Sam first tested the device on her hand it didn't appear like she activated an on/off switch.  She simply looked like Daniel when there was skin contact but not when she carried the device in her pocket.

Which brings me to this episode.  The thieving doctor wore the device on his chest but the NID assassin stuck the device to his shirt to look like Major Davis.  Sam did the same thing to look like the NID assassin.  I thought perhaps it's the difference between the original devices and ones made at Area 51 but that would only explain Sam's since the other was one of the twelve original. 

Maybe skin contact isn't required but the device is merely hidden beneath the clothes.

I was chatting with folks about Foothold and decided to rewatch this episode too since it's related. I do agree with you Dorien. I was under the impression that those alien holograph devices required contact with the skin to work. There was the second device that allowed the aliens to act and think like the person the projectors were mimicing.

But, as you have stated, the assasin stuck his to his shirt instead of his chest. Now, since these units were in possesion of the NID at Area 51, it's possible that modifications were made to allow them to work through cloth. that's just a guess on my part.

What I don't understand is how the NID got their hands on 12 units ? Technically, at the end of Foothold, there should have only been three. The ones the aliens wore to imitate O'Neill, Daniel and Major Davis. The rest would have been destroyed when the chief alien denotated the self destruct weapon that killed all those remaining at the Stargate Command.

Yeah, I'd say that's a continuity problem.

Still, nitpicking aside, I enjoyed this episode. I suppose the one thing I could complain about was Carter's wardrobe. I really can't say I like the clothes she wears when she is out on surveillence. Who chose that ruffled shirt for her ? I didn't like it.

Did like Agent Barrett as the good guy NID. I know that sound strange... good guy NID, but this was the episode that put the organization back on the road to respectibility.

You know, I always love Teal'c fight scenes. But, you know what my favorite action scene was ? It was actually the scene of Major Davis kicking the butts of those two security men in the hospital room. That was great. Major Davis (aka Colin Cunningham) really needs some more action scenes. He's got a wonderful physical presence. but... enough drooling...

I knew from the start that O'Neill was framed. I think the fun part was watching the team solve the mystery. And man, isn't it annoying that just when you think you've gotten rid of Kinsey, he comes back with a vengence. I loved that last scene where he and Kinsey are shaking hands and Kinsey tells him that O'Neill has just gotten him the presidency. Loved how RDA had that great whince on his face. wonderful.

of course, we know Kinsey didn't become president. But, he did end up as vice president later on.

A pretty good episode all in all....

PS - maybe it's me, but did it seem like the building Carter and Barrett went into was used before in other episodes ? I was thinking that I've seen those streets and that building used elsewhere. the sets looked awfully familiar. You know, it sort of reminded me of the building they used in Desperate Measures.

This post has been edited by CitizenK: Oct 18th 2004, 8:14 PM
+Quote Post
Magnavox
post Jan 10th 2005, 6:41 AM
Post #42

Posts with an accent...
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 3,724

Very funny episode more than anything IMO. When Jonas askes Teal'c who taught him to drive and he says Daniel did in the year 1969. When Barrett 'covers' Carter during the explosion (Now they would have made a cute couple 1.gif ) and her sarcastic delivery of "Leo".
Yes it was pretty obvious from the start that O'Neill didn't do it, but it was fun to see the other three have their own little version of Law & Order.
I of course being a big pyrotechnics fan loved the explosion! bow.gif
+Quote Post
Heru-ER
post Jun 17th 2005, 3:46 PM
Post #43

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,089

Love this story, another BAd game of NID, I was thinking instead of mimic device that Jack was brainwash or something, The assasin miss cuz it was another Kinsey plan for Making the new elect president
+Quote Post
michaeldim
post Dec 7th 2005, 9:29 PM
Post #44

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,897

Does anyone have a picture of Dr. Langham from this episode? If so I would be greatly abliged.

This post has been edited by michaeldim: Dec 7th 2005, 9:30 PM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 1st 2014 - 1:02 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.