Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Stars Join Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis, B.Bridges, L.Gossett Jr., Mitch Pileggi
Christy
post Mar 11th 2005, 9:39 PM
Post #25

Captain
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,098

whats this about Michael Shank's wife joining the show? She's on Andromeda and i'm pretty sure they havent closed up shop.
and for the life of me i cant remember her name.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
nou
post Mar 13th 2005, 6:33 AM
Post #26

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,425

this is fantastic cast, but still no t happy about richard dean leaving
+Quote Post
kirsti
post Mar 13th 2005, 6:59 AM
Post #27

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,142

QUOTE(xayeidemon @ Feb 7th 2005, 4:02 PM)
Why are the black people always Jaffa? Vidrine is the only exception I can think of at the moment. Oy.

Probalay because black actor's kick butt better, and are more sexyer, You've only got to look at teal'c's body to now that one, Hey no really that's a good question but that's the best I can come up with. 1.gif
+Quote Post
ANCESTRY
post Mar 18th 2005, 4:25 AM
Post #28

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,260

I think that Beau Bridges will be good addition, bringing about a different style of humor to the show. Give him a chance to show you guys that he's still an excellent actor. On the otherhand I'm hoping that the writers don't erase RDA from the past as well as the future. I'd like to see him pop into episodes occasionally. Isn't real life like that? Your old friends sometimes move on, you see or hear something about them still and it causes you to reminisce. Keep it real guys....
+Quote Post
crazy sg fan
post Mar 20th 2005, 9:49 PM
Post #29

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,543

first of all who the hell is Beau Bridges? I have never heard of him! I want RDA
back!!!! he is the best..... the guy is so funny.... now why would they take him out of the picture???????? mad.gif
+Quote Post
ChaosMange
post Mar 26th 2005, 5:45 PM
Post #30

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,757

I think that this move by RDA has been a long time in the making. He has already reduced his role, and he has stated numerous times that he has wanted to spend some more time with his family. It's not like he is completely out of the show. Who knows, maybe after some time with his kids, then he will want to come running back to the show.

Like everything else, a new day is dawning. And even though a lof of fellow Stargate fans may not approve, I say that we give it a chance and see where this path leads to. It surely beats not having any SG-1 at all. Who knows... it might actually be cool to see this new storyline develop.

Just my two cents.
+Quote Post
FreddyKrueger
post Mar 26th 2005, 10:18 PM
Post #31

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,315

QUOTE(Christy @ Mar 11th 2005, 9:39 PM)
whats this about Michael Shank's wife joining the show? She's on Andromeda and i'm pretty sure they havent closed up shop.
and for the life of me i cant remember her name.

Her name is Lexa Doig. And Andromeda has been cancelled after it finishes up the current season. Anyway, I like the idea of Ben Browder coming into the show. But for the life of me I don't know who the hell Beau Bridges is. But, why is Lou Gossett Jr. in the show??? Isn't he like 98? Someone tell me who Beau Bridges is.

---FreddyKrueger---
+Quote Post
Arcady
post Mar 27th 2005, 1:38 AM
Post #32

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(FreddyKrueger @ Mar 26th 2005, 10:18 PM)
Someone tell me who Beau Bridges is.

Beau is the son of actor Lloyd Bridges, and the brother of Jeff Bridges.

More info is here.
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Mar 27th 2005, 9:38 PM
Post #33

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 8,565

Boy you guys must all be young whipper snippers. Who is he...geeeze.

Anywhoo, I understand RDA leaving. I wish him the best. But lets hope AT, MS and CJ dont leave. I think it is great that Lexa is joining the show. MS will be much happier than. I think the changes will add new life to the show and extend its life by quite abit.

Bring on Lou....damn another hot black man. OUCH. I hope he has bulked up because if he has WATCH OUT LADIES.

I am excitedly lookin forward to Season 9! YEA HA

canada.gif
+Quote Post
Tashunka_Witko
post Mar 28th 2005, 3:56 PM
Post #34

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,824

I didn't know the other two, but I do know Mitch Pileggi. I missed him since playing X-Files. I always thought he's a good actor and now I'm very excited to watch him in SG-1, though it will take some time until it comes over here. Probably I'll like him again and get into it again very fast, even without RDA.
+Quote Post
Bullet
post Apr 9th 2005, 5:05 AM
Post #35

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,212

Beau Bridges ==> rent out Susie and the Baker Boys with Michelle Pfeiffer and Jeff and Beau Bridges.

Either Beau or Jeff was also in K-Pax with Kevin Spacey I think... not sure... they often play secondary characters if films these days, I cant remember the last time they were the headliners... unless its in Disney films as the parents of some little bright star.

I wish RDA was staying... sad.gif but I guess he and AT have parental responsibilities huh...

Does anyone know if he'll still be an executive producer? (BTW, where do you knowitalls get all your information from??? It always seems to be correct! (When reading past comments about other seasons it was always correct, so you must have pretty reliable sources! Is there an official website thing with press releases?)).
+Quote Post
CluckChicken
post May 4th 2005, 2:02 PM
Post #36

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,974

QUOTE(CitizenK @ Feb 7th 2005, 10:28 PM)
I am stunned. Where did Stargate and SGA come up with the budget to hire all those new actors ? I mean, haven't they been pleading poverty for ages ? now, all of a sudden, new fresh blood is being added to the show.

It has to do with timing. Farscape had bad timing, SG1 good. When new contracts for Farscape were coming due the previous owners of Sci-Fi were going under but when it came time to renew SG1 GE was now the parent company and they have very deep pockets. Stargate has a built in audience that advertisers love (educated middle class) plus it doesn't hurt that the reruns of the shows do well (with 8 seasons to run through these can take up a large chunk of programming time) plus the DVD sales are good. Besides I don't think some of these actors cost as much as we think.
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post May 4th 2005, 11:28 PM
Post #37

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 8,565

I have always wondered. How much does RDA, AT, CJ and MS make per episode? Does anyone know?
+Quote Post
Deus Wrath
post May 5th 2005, 9:24 PM
Post #38

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,788

i suppose this is kinda on topic..... huh.gif

i thought the whole reason jack took command of the SGC was cos he was internationally "viable", they didn't want a random general in command. that was the whole reason why dr. weir took command in the first place. so how come all of a sudden jack's getting replace by that random general that they absolutely couldn't have before??? huh.gif
+Quote Post
Seed
post May 19th 2005, 10:14 AM
Post #39

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,393

QUOTE(Calvus @ Mar 10th 2005, 9:01 PM)
All I can say is that Stargate SG-1 has offically lost it by bringing in a washed up actor like Beau Bridges!!

... ok, I adore RDA. I think his skill and charisma is why we have a show we love. But before SG-1 his career was not exactly jumpin'. So maybe Beau will surprise you.

This post has been edited by Seed: May 19th 2005, 10:16 AM
+Quote Post
big fat unas
post May 19th 2005, 4:49 PM
Post #40

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,088

i think it will make the show more credible to have a bit of fresh talent mixing with the familiar faces. its not like the early days when the stargate was a real secret. more and more people know about it so would be silly not to write stories that include new charecters. i think the gate and what lies on the other side will always be the real star of the show. it is sad RDA is takin a break he made o'neil my favourite charecter from the show.
Ben Browder and Claudia Black will make sure its a breathtaking series trust me.
shame they couldnt just send sg1 to a planet where moya is making one of her rare landings and merge the two programs/universes into one............that would be one crazy fantasy come true.
it aint over till the fat unas sings..............
+Quote Post
sunshinedd
post Jun 2nd 2005, 3:29 AM
Post #41

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,172

QUOTE(Pulaski @ Feb 21st 2005, 8:27 PM)
Well, if RDA leaves, I'm leaving with him.

I also dream of a Friday lineup with SG-1, BSG, and Firefly... what a trifecta that would be.

/s Pulaski

i cant see sg1 with out RDA,AT,MS,andCJ they make the movie anyways i hope they make closure with the oniel and carter thing it shows them still love in eight at the end it would be nice but i agree if they dont end this well i am outta here with RDA as well
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Jun 2nd 2005, 9:24 AM
Post #42

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(sunshinedd @ Jun 2nd 2005, 9:29 AM)
i cant see sg1 with out RDA,AT,MS,andCJ
RDA isn't really leaving, he just isn't a regular cast member. He will be in around 4 episodes in season 8.

they make the movie anyways
There is no plan to make another Stargate movie. The movie was originally planned to be 'The Lost City'and was to lead us into Stargate: Atlantis, but as season 8 went ahead, 'The Lost City' became the finale of season 7.

i hope they make closure with the oniel and carter thing it shows them still love in eight at the end it would be nice but i agree if they dont end this well i am outta here with RDA as well
Click for Spoiler
+Quote Post
daznel04
post Jul 7th 2005, 1:59 PM
Post #43

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,430

As far as i can see in this forum there is no one who can read. The way i am reading the release is that the atlantis team will have to deal with the wraith and i am sure sheppard and weir can cope even with the new military guy.

Even if the sg1 guys get rid of the goa'uld there is a new enemy out there more powerful and has control of a planet sized stargate and i tell you i would not want to me them on a dark night. Imagine ships like goa'uld mother ships coming out anyplace.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 30th 2014 - 9:32 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.