Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  
3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> UPN Cancels Enterprise, going going gone....
wack
post Mar 7th 2005, 2:56 PM
Post #49

Unregistered

Mayweather: Captain the klingons are coming in fast
Archer: Go to warp 3
Mayweather: Aye captain going to warp
<Everything freezes>
Mayweather: Captain the computer isn't responding
<Blue screen of Death>

user posted image

T'pol: I told you using Windows a deeply flawed programming is illogical
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Space_butterfly
post Mar 7th 2005, 5:37 PM
Post #50

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,152

Enterprise was one of those shows that the network does not give a chance. It was really good season 1&2 but UPN did not think enough people were watching so they changed things (i.e., Gruff angry Capt. Archer, the "Xindi" bleh!) dry.gif . Because of this (I feel) the 3rd season was terrible I didn't even bother to watch all the episodes. This season (4) has been great! It's up against Stargate SG-1 right now because they both come on at 8 - that brought less viewers. Oh well, I will really miss Enterprise!

Over and Out

Space butterfly crying.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
mithwriter
post Mar 7th 2005, 8:45 PM
Post #51

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 885

QUOTE(Space_butterfly @ Mar 7th 2005, 5:37 PM)
Enterprise was one of those shows that the network does not give a chance. It was really good season 1&2 but UPN did not think enough people were watching so they changed things (i.e., Gruff angry Capt. Archer, the "Xindi" bleh!)  dry.gif . Because of this (I feel) the 3rd season was terrible I didn't even bother to watch all the episodes. This season (4) has been great! It's  up against Stargate SG-1 right now because they both come on at 8 - that brought less viewers. Oh well, I will really miss Enterprise!

Over and Out

Space butterfly  crying.gif

On the contrary, I believe UPN gave the show more than a fair shot at being a success. Do you know how many shows get canceled in the first year? Or after the first half of the first year? Don't blame the network for the mistakes of the production runners. Its their responsibility to put out a good show that people will watch. Enterprise had a lot of curious viewers (myself included), who tuned in the first season to see a show that, quite frankly, dissappointed. I have 83 channels on my cable box. If a show can't deliver in the first year....or in the second...why should I give it my time?

This cry from Star Trek fans "oh, but season 4 was great! Why is it being cancelled?" is a classic example of too little too late, with only the most die-hard fans still trying in vain to save a show that everyone else had abandoned.

What puzzles me (and perhaps someone can shed some light on this, becuase I am genuinely curious), is why fans are so adamant about trying to save this show, including trying to raise money to keep the production going? Are fans so convinced that they are in the presance of a greatness that everyone else is simply blind to? Or is it based on the this need of theirs to have something with the name Star Trek on the air at any cost?, despite its questionable watchability?

Like I said, I am genuinely curious to know....and I mean that with no maliciousness....seriously.
+Quote Post
wack
post Mar 8th 2005, 7:03 AM
Post #52

Unregistered

QUOTE(mithwriter @ Mar 8th 2005, 2:45 AM)
On the contrary, I believe UPN gave the show more than a fair shot at being a success. Do you know how many shows get canceled in the first year? Or after the first half of the first year?  Don't blame the network for the mistakes of the production runners. Its their responsibility to put out a good show that people will watch. Enterprise had a lot of curious viewers (myself included), who tuned in the first season to see a show that, quite frankly, dissappointed.  I have 83 channels on my cable box. If a show can't deliver in the first year....or in the second...why should I give it my time?

This cry from Star Trek fans "oh, but season 4 was great! Why is it being cancelled?" is a classic example of too little too late, with only the most die-hard fans still trying in vain to save a show that everyone else had abandoned.

What puzzles me (and perhaps someone can shed some light on this, becuase I am genuinely curious), is why fans are so adamant about trying to save this show, including trying to raise money to keep the production going? Are fans so convinced that they are in the presance of a greatness that everyone else is simply blind to? Or is it  based on the this need of theirs to have something with the name Star Trek on the air at any cost?, despite its questionable watchability?

Like I said, I am genuinely curious to know....and I mean that with no maliciousness....seriously.

Well Star Trek TNG (the most successful trek show so far) wasn't really noticed by many until they aired The Best Of Both Worlds. Giving a show a chance maybe a good thing.

Edit:Anyone but me happy that DS9 is on a decent time now?

This post has been edited by wack: Mar 8th 2005, 10:05 AM
+Quote Post
Orta
post Mar 8th 2005, 1:38 PM
Post #53

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,474

QUOTE(wack @ Mar 8th 2005, 7:03 AM)
Well Star Trek TNG (the most successful trek show so far) wasn't really noticed by many until they aired The Best Of Both Worlds. Giving a show a chance maybe a good thing.

4 Seasons is chance enough I reckon. As Mithwriter rightly says most shows don't get beyond a pilot, sometimes half a season (Crusade, Firefly) and sometimes just one season... the network wouldn't've have even given Enterprise on for this long if it wasn't the Great Trek.

QUOTE(wack @ Mar 8th 2005, 7:03 AM)
Edit:Anyone but me happy that DS9 is on a decent time now?

Having them all on DVD now it doesn't really bother me, but 2 years ago when i woz trying 2 watch them all for the first time I had 2 get up at 6 in the morning to catch them on Sky|One.... so i woulda appriciated it then!
+Quote Post
wack
post Mar 9th 2005, 10:29 AM
Post #54

Unregistered

I remember when i tried to watch it. I woke up early and Xena was on. My mum came in the living room while Gabriel and Xena were taking a bath together.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 2nd 2014 - 7:27 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.