Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> News Info

You can always read the latest 20 news stories at: www.sg1archive.com/news

Tip: Receive the latest Stargate news via email by subscribing to this forum.

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Stargate SG-1 Direct-to-DVD Movies Coming Next Year?, News from TVguide.com
Invisible Painting
post Oct 17th 2006, 5:08 PM
Post #49

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(wonderland @ Oct 17th 2006, 3:23 AM) *

Yeah, Bellisario is reknowned for screwing up the last episodes of his shows. Look what he did to "JAG." Ended it with a flip of a coin and Mac and Harm never got horizontal...I'm still pissed.

Well lets face it, most shows nowadays screw up their last episode. Unless it was entirely planned by the show makers before hand. Any other circumstances and all show producers just put a crappy, rushed, boring and just pointless episode. I mean look at shows like angel, QL, X-files, alias (which wasn't so bad, was just rushed) and so forth. They always try squeezing in a bunch of crap they wouldn't normally, use it as an excuse to write out the main characters in situations that they would normally easily be able to get out of. End it really crappily at the end (Usually a 'here we go again...' type ending). Last episodes unless seriously planned just always feel rushed. And it's annoying. And hope that sg1 doesn't take this path too much either... I mean sometimes if a show is going to be cancelled ahead of it's time what's wrong with just having a normal, yet really good episode at the end?? Where they don't try and sum up every single storyline in that one episode. There isn't always something wrong with leaving a few threads untied...especially if it means they can make a good last episode as a result of it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Janos
post Oct 17th 2006, 5:24 PM
Post #50

Posts in his underwear
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,403

QUOTE(ancient01 @ Oct 17th 2006, 3:26 PM) *

I thought God/ Bartender gave him control of the leaping so he could leap anywhere he wanted?? Wasn't that the point to him asking where he would want to leap?

Well, it's been a while since I've watched Quantum Leap, so... you may be right. But that's what I remember..... huh.gif
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Oct 17th 2006, 5:41 PM
Post #51

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(ancient01 @ Oct 17th 2006, 10:26 PM) *
I thought God/ Bartender gave him control of the leaping so he could leap anywhere he wanted?? Wasn't that the point to him asking where he would want to leap?
I remember the Bartender saying that but Sam was only able to control where he leapt once, when he told Beth that Al was still alive. Even though he told the Bartender he wanted to go home, he could never control where he leapt after he helped Al and Beth.
+Quote Post
dr lee
post Oct 17th 2006, 6:32 PM
Post #52

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,109

The first movie looks to be a good idea whith the right people behind it so i'm ok with it.

The second movie is a bit different. BW is writing it but who is directing it? As for the direction that they travel, my opinion is that it should really be forward.

That way they can show us either how 'cute and fluffy' the future is or how f*ckd up it is and that they need to fix something at our time that'll make the future 'cute and fluffy'
+Quote Post
unseen_shadow
post Oct 18th 2006, 12:08 AM
Post #53

Airman Basic

Member No.: 8,346

I've always been curious about the events that occured in "1969";
and the whole self-fulfilling prophecy thing.

I mean at the end they go forward and meet "future Casandra"
Daneil grew old(or so we assume, he could have just taken to shaving
himself bald); the "SGC" though differnt still exists on earth; and we have
one of those auto wormhole activtor things...

But all this happend (or at least im assuming it did since those events clearly
happen far into the future) dispite metting the Ashen, and changing the time
line with them message, and going back in Moebius

I don't know maybe I should be posting in the nitpick scection, but it would
intersting to see if events lead up to that future.

But I am happy that there will be not one but two movies. Although I really
wanted to see them go to the silver screen; given the choice between DVD
and nothing.........

(if you have any confusion about which I would chose, just leave this website right now.
Go on...)
+Quote Post
slayr-cxf50
post Oct 18th 2006, 7:36 AM
Post #54

Airman Basic

Member No.: 12,639

Yeah, 1969 certainly raises questions. It'd be good if they did something with that.
Although it'd be nice to know if that is still what has happened, as you say, because of Moebius etc.
One thing I wanna know is: once these movies are over, will some of the characters perhaps go to Atlantis or something? Will the actors just quit entirely? Or form a 3rd show?
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Oct 18th 2006, 10:13 AM
Post #55

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(slayr-cxf50 @ Oct 18th 2006, 1:36 PM) *
One thing I wanna know is: once these movies are over, will some of the characters perhaps go to Atlantis or something? Will the actors just quit entirely? Or form a 3rd show?
We don't know. Given their salaries, it is unlikely they would be regulars on Atlantis or a possible spin off. There have been rumours of a possible third show after a movie but all that has been said is MGM is interested in producing a movie that will lead into a new show. We don't know if one of the DVD movies is one that will lead into a spin off or not but given that most of the SG-1 story arcs are ending in the first movie, it is a possibility.
+Quote Post
dr lee
post Oct 18th 2006, 11:42 AM
Post #56

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,109

It's possible that CJ could be gong over to the dark side and become a writer, He's apparantly written a story for a new show that, i believe, wasn't anything to do with Stargate at all.

It's highly possible that a couple of characters may guest star in Atlantis once in a while but i can't see anyone going oer full time.
+Quote Post
Xen
post Oct 18th 2006, 9:32 PM
Post #57

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,743

I can only see Daneil going over full time to Atlantis.

Atleast we get 2 movies biggrin.gif. Its better than nothing. I love both ideas.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Oct 18th 2006, 10:38 PM
Post #58

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(Xen @ Oct 18th 2006, 10:32 PM) *

I can only see Daneil going over full time to Atlantis.

Atleast we get 2 movies biggrin.gif. Its better than nothing. I love both ideas.

They were considering movie Teal'c to SGA. I am thinking Ronan fills that particular role now.
+Quote Post
Xen
post Oct 18th 2006, 10:51 PM
Post #59

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,743

Yeah I see a lot of Sg-1 and SGA Characters are a like. Except no one is able to fill Daniels shoes. Plus he tried to get there 3 times I belive.
+Quote Post
xayeidemon
post Oct 18th 2006, 11:14 PM
Post #60

Always a cousin, never a boochi!
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,544

QUOTE(Xen @ Oct 18th 2006, 11:51 PM) *

Yeah I see a lot of Sg-1 and SGA Characters are a like. Except no one is able to fill Daniels shoes. Plus he tried to get there 3 times I belive.

» Click to Show Spoiler «

QUOTE(dr lee)
It's possible that CJ could be gong over to the dark side and become a writer, He's apparantly written a story for a new show that, i believe, wasn't anything to do with Stargate at all.

Chris is actually a kinda decent writer, barring any recollection of "Sacrifices" and choice moments of "Birthright." He's not bad, and I think that with more opportunites to strut his stuff as a writer, he might have something fairly solid to fall back on if he decided he'd rather hop behind the camera full time. It makes a lot of sense for actors to learn other useful skills in the business and not put all their eggs in one basket, as it were.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Oct 19th 2006, 3:44 AM
Post #61

General
Group Icon

I don't see Michael as a reliable actor though. He quit once when he felt his character was under utilised and then rumours started going around saying that he wouldn't sign up for season 11 (if it had gone ahead).
I can see him and the rest of SG-1 making cameos but I don't see them as ever being full time cast members. As I have said in the past, Atlantis is only on the air because production costs are a lot smaller than those of SG-1. Having characters move to Atlantis will push up the production costs (due to their salaries) and could threaten Atlantis with cancellation because ratings haven't been strong.
+Quote Post
Kalliope
post Oct 19th 2006, 11:57 AM
Post #62

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,547

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Oct 19th 2006, 10:44 AM) *

I don't see Michael as a reliable actor though. He quit once when he felt his character was under utilised and then rumours started going around saying that he wouldn't sign up for season 11 (if it had gone ahead).
I can see him and the rest of SG-1 making cameos but I don't see them as ever being full time cast members. As I have said in the past, Atlantis is only on the air because production costs are a lot smaller than those of SG-1. Having characters move to Atlantis will push up the production costs (due to their salaries) and could threaten Atlantis with cancellation because ratings haven't been strong.

The only person who wouldn't push up the production costs of Atlantis almost at all is Claudia Black. She's an Aussie, not SAG member (unlike Ben Browder, Beau Bridges, Chris Judge or Joe Flanigan), so if they only find a reason for Vala to go to Atlantis, they should offer her a part in this show.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Oct 19th 2006, 3:32 PM
Post #63

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

They don't need to move anyone over. The show is it's show. It's gone on too long to just bring people over now that 1's ended, not a good idea. Daniel is the only one who serves any real purpose and I just think that isn't a very good idea. Where can his character go if he goes there?? Nowhere imo.

Just get rid of teyla and I'll be happy smile.gif

This post has been edited by Invisible Painting: Oct 19th 2006, 3:33 PM
+Quote Post
Kalliope
post Oct 19th 2006, 3:36 PM
Post #64

Senior Airman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Oct 19th 2006, 10:32 PM) *

Just get rid of teyla and I'll be happy smile.gif

Teyla and the Wraith. I just can't stand them.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Oct 19th 2006, 4:02 PM
Post #65

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kalliope @ Oct 19th 2006, 9:36 PM) *
Teyla and the Wraith. I just can't stand them.
No, Sheppard and Weir. Teyla has got a background that TPTB can easily delve into but Sheppard and Weir have nothing.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Oct 19th 2006, 4:42 PM
Post #66

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Oct 19th 2006, 5:02 PM) *

No, Sheppard and Weir. Teyla has got a background that TPTB can easily delve into but Sheppard and Weir have nothing.

We learn more about Shep and Weir in season 3.
+Quote Post
Pitry
post Oct 20th 2006, 10:06 AM
Post #67

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 745

No, they shouldn't get rid of Teyla, they should *gasp* develop her! Ronon too. The character isn't completley ruined yet, I suspect, it migth still be possible to apply some damage control.

I'd love to see cameos in Atlantis, but right now they have so many character issues that transfering a full-blown SG1 cast member to Atlantis could be disasterous for the show. Yes, I'd love seeing Daniel in Atlantis, or at least na Atlantis episode (tho I agree with Daf - probably too risky relying too much on MS not getting tired of Stargate once again), but both the character of Daniel Jackson would probbaly be lost as an Atlantis regular, and the 6 already existing characters.

Hmmm. Christopher Judge as a writer. Actually I really enjoyed Sacrifices. ;) It's Birthright I'm trying to forget tongue.gif I think he's got quite a lot of promise, and hopefully we'd get to see some other scripts he'll write in the future. Hey, maybe he'll start writing Atlantis episodes tongue.gif
+Quote Post
slayr-cxf50
post Oct 21st 2006, 6:52 AM
Post #68

Airman Basic

Teyla seems to me like the Teal'c of SGA. She's foreign, and in the main guy's team. She's great I think. Developing her character a little more would be nice. But there isn't all that much to develop, though, is there? I mean, she was from a primitive tribe who was being ravaged by the Wraith. She can't have had much of a personality anyway.

Never heard of Ronan. Let me guess, Season 2? blink.gif

Now I think they should move Carter over there! Carter would fit in that role so well! She could help out with the war and stuff. Plus we could see like a smart-people contest between her and McKay.
+Quote Post
Kalliope
post Oct 21st 2006, 7:43 AM
Post #69

Senior Airman
Group Icon

QUOTE(slayr-cxf50 @ Oct 21st 2006, 1:52 PM) *

Teyla seems to me like the Teal'c of SGA. She's foreign, and in the main guy's team. She's great I think. Developing her character a little more would be nice. But there isn't all that much to develop, though, is there? I mean, she was from a primitive tribe who was being ravaged by the Wraith. She can't have had much of a personality anyway.

Now I think they should move Carter over there! Carter would fit in that role so well! She could help out with the war and stuff. Plus we could see like a smart-people contest between her and McKay.

Teyla should be developed as a true leader to her tribe. Her place is with them, not at Atlantis.
+Quote Post
Pitry
post Oct 21st 2006, 9:18 AM
Post #70

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 745

QUOTE(slayr-cxf50 @ Oct 21st 2006, 1:52 PM) *

There doesn't seem to be much to develop because none of the writers take interest in the character, IMHO. Every character can found its story and be developed. Hell, they managed to develop Sheppard! But because no episodes are written about the character, and she's never put in any interesting situations, she's lost. The analogy with Teal'c is god, because while he is the most neglected character on SG1, he's had more attention and more development - and was a much more 3D character - by the end of season 1 than Teyla has in 2.5 years.

Yup, you'll meet Ronan in season 2. ;)

Carter is my second choice after Daniel for an SG1 character transfer - but I'm reluctant. There isn't nay charcter on Atlantis that fills the spot Daniel does on SG1 - both the moral conscience bit and the mythology/ cultural bit (while it seems these two traits should have gone to Weir and Teyla respectively, both have been lost pretty early on). Carter and McKay have a great dynamic and great chemistry, but a) the sceintist already exists (two of them, Zelenca as well) and b) it'll turn itno the MCKay Carter show, as much as the beginning of season 9 was the Daniel and Vala show. Don't get me wrong - I loved the beginning of season 9 and so far I loved it every time McKay and Sam interacted and would probably continue to - but the show shouldn't focus on any one particular cahracter, all the time. The rest would get lost. It caused numerous problems for SG1, and their characters are well set in place. For Atlantis such a move would be disasterous. No, I'd rather both Sam and Daniel would make cameos in Atlantis, but not on a regular basis.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Oct 21st 2006, 10:05 AM
Post #71

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(slayr-cxf50 @ Oct 21st 2006, 12:52 PM) *
There's the whole idea of her being the leader. There aren't many occasions where we have seen a woman leading a group, Ishtar and the Hak'tyl is the only other one I can think of for the moment (and Ishtar was an awful character). There is also the issue of Teyla and her Wraith DNA. TPTB have referred to it a few times but there has never been any explanation other than she and her father were captured and experimented on by the Wraith.

QUOTE(Kalliope @ Oct 21st 2006, 1:43 PM) *
Teyla should be developed as a true leader to her tribe. Her place is with them, not at Atlantis.
Her tribe are largely ignored. They have only been mentioned once in season 2 I believe, in 'Critical Mass' and Christopher Heyerdahl (Jintos father) now plays a male Wraith in season 3 of Atlantis.
+Quote Post
slayr-cxf50
post Oct 22nd 2006, 3:00 AM
Post #72

Airman Basic

the Daniel and Vala show

Lol! So true. Maybe they could make that a permanent spin off series... 1.gif
There is also the issue of Teyla and her Wraith DNA. TPTB have referred to it a few times but there has never been any explanation other than she and her father were captured and experimented on by the Wraith.

And you with your up-to Season 3 knowledge said that. I only know the first season, yet I already knew that. Damn. I thought that would've been a really interesting path to go down for the show.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 25th 2014 - 10:57 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.