> Ori questions
jacksworld
post Sep 18th 2006, 4:04 PM
Post #1

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,030

The thought occured to me. We have seen some Ancients actually descend to our plane of existance. So i was wondering if they can do it why not the Ori? I know they cant do it in the milkyway, but im sure they could in there own galaxy. Right now, as far as we know most ancients are ascended, but i am confused with whether or not the Ori are. Are the Ori on the same plane of existence as the ancients or an entirely different one? I read conversations here and there that they are not, and that they are. They need followers in order to ascend etc etc...Second one, is the prior an ori in human form, or just there version of a human being much more highly evolved then us? I was wondering becuase i know the acients can descend and appear as humans if they want so, i was curious whether theOri could, and how would they look. A prior? Anybody have there own ideas and speculations?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Sep 18th 2006, 5:11 PM
Post #2

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(jacksworld @ Sep 18th 2006, 10:04 PM) *

The thought occured to me. We have seen some Ancients actually descend to our plane of existance. So i was wondering if they can do it why not the Ori? I know they cant do it in the milkyway, but im sure they could in there own galaxy. Right now, as far as we know most ancients are ascended, but i am confused with whether or not the Ori are.
The Ori can descend if they wanted to but they see themselves as Gods and so would not descend.

Are the Ori on the same plane of existence as the ancients or an entirely different one? I read conversations here and there that they are not, and that they are. They need followers in order to ascend etc etc...
People have speculated that they are on different planes of existence but it has never been said on the show so we don't know. For now, we have to assume they exist on the same plane.

Second one, is the prior an ori in human form, or just there version of a human being much more highly evolved then us?
The Priors are not Ori in Human form. In some way, the Ori artificially advance Humans to become Priors. Their staffs are the link with the Ori and allow them to perform any action they want.
+Quote Post
deadulus101
post Sep 18th 2006, 5:48 PM
Post #3

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,157

the ori don't want to descend they want to get as much power as they can to wipe out the ancients. How can they gain power if they become a puny human then they have no power which defeats their goal, to wipe out the ancients.
+Quote Post
OneLoneFan
post Sep 19th 2006, 4:58 PM
Post #4

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,568

I wonder if the Ori could pull an Anubis and become only partially descended...would they gain the best of both worlds?
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Sep 19th 2006, 5:13 PM
Post #5

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

QUOTE(OneLoneFan @ Sep 20th 2006, 12:58 AM) *

I wonder if the Ori could pull an Anubis and become only partially descended...would they gain the best of both worlds?

Although I can only speculate on this matter, I think not. Anubis feared the Ancients, he knew that he was no match for either one of them. He was kept partially ascended because the Ancients wanted to punish Oma, and they didn't let Oma finish him because the others didn't allow this. I believe that a partially ascended being would not be able to be a threat to the Ancients.

It is also not among their goals. They want more power. They already have control of their material world, so why would they settle for less?
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Sep 19th 2006, 6:31 PM
Post #6

General
Group Icon

I think the whole partially ascended things is unclear. The way I understood it is Anubis was fully ascended but could not use any of the power associated with ascension, if he did then the others would force him to descend. Taken literally, he is not partially ascended but if it is taken metaphorically, Anubis is only partially ascended because he is a being of energy but with none of their powers.
If that is the case, there is no partially ascended state for the Ori because they wouldn't stop another of their kind from using their powers.
+Quote Post
Supreme Nerd
post Sep 19th 2006, 9:32 PM
Post #7

Airman Basic

Member No.: 12,346

Asencion is having "all the knowledge and all the power in the universe"
Since they are pure energy they can retain infinite knowledge
If they de-ascend then they wont be able to retain such knowledge.
Ans since they need that knowledge to create that supreme powerful technology,they can't de-ascend.
So what they do is transmit their ascended knowledge to the priors so they build the technology.
Thats why they chose to not take back human form.

A Prior is a human who evolves by the Ori, firing %80-90 of they neurons. This massive mental powers allow them to do the things we have saw like: telekinesis, create bubbles of oxigen,heal peapole from a plague,ressurect the dead,control over energy forms,etc.
They do not know the lies from the ori and the fact that their promises are false.

The Ori are in the same plane that the Ancients or Alterans.That's why they can't use their powers in Milky Way Galaxy. However, their are in a diferent form of pure energy, being cosmic beings manifestate themselves in fire.
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Sep 19th 2006, 9:38 PM
Post #8

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 8,565

QUOTE(Supreme Nerd @ Sep 19th 2006, 10:32 PM) *

Asencion is having "all the knowledge and all the power in the universe"

No it is not. They have said many times that being ascended is not all knowing. Infact they used almost those exact words.
+Quote Post
ancient01
post Sep 20th 2006, 8:10 AM
Post #9

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,239

I would like to know why the Ori manifest as fire, while the Ancients manifest as light. Don't get me wrong, I get the whole fires of hell vs. light of heaven reference. It makes sense in the literary perspective, but I wonder if there is a practical, scientific (?) reason for the difference. It just makes one wonder...
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Sep 20th 2006, 8:43 AM
Post #10

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

QUOTE(ancient01 @ Sep 20th 2006, 4:10 PM) *

I would like to know why the Ori manifest as fire, while the Ancients manifest as light. Don't get me wrong, I get the whole fires of hell vs. light of heaven reference. It makes sense in the literary perspective, but I wonder if there is a practical, scientific (?) reason for the difference. It just makes one wonder...

Yes there is... Since they are both energetical beings they can manifest exactly as they like to. The Ancients chose light, while the Ori chose fire. It was entirely their choice, probably after some differences in opinion. For each of their worshipers, the symbol they chose means salvation and enlightenment.
+Quote Post
Supreme Nerd
post Sep 20th 2006, 10:27 AM
Post #11

Airman Basic

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Sep 19th 2006, 9:38 PM) *

No it is not. They have said many times that being ascended is not all knowing. Infact they used almost those exact words.

When you ascend you aren?t omniscient. That's true. But path to ascencion offers infinite knowledge about the universe (technology,science,histrory,etc),not about the future or everything about some pepole.
If you don't believe me Auntie Em!,see Reckoning Part 2
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Sep 20th 2006, 10:35 AM
Post #12

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Supreme Nerd @ Sep 20th 2006, 4:27 PM) *
But path to ascencion offers infinite knowledge about the universe (technology,science,histrory,etc),not about the future or everything about some pepole.
Ascension allows a person to learn more about the universe but as you said, there is an infinite amount of knowledge to learn therefore they will never know everything about the universe.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Sep 20th 2006, 11:05 AM
Post #13

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Sep 19th 2006, 6:31 PM) *

I think the whole partially ascended things is unclear. The way I understood it is Anubis was fully ascended but could not use any of the power associated with ascension, if he did then the others would force him to descend. Taken literally, he is not partially ascended but if it is taken metaphorically, Anubis is only partially ascended because he is a being of energy but with none of their powers.
If that is the case, there is no partially ascended state for the Ori because they wouldn't stop another of their kind from using their powers.

That's absolutly right, when Anubis shows himself from behind the mask to Daniel, or when he takes a new host at the end of Season 6 I believe, you can see that he is just like the other ascended beings that we have seen.

Daniel says at one point that he is "half ascended... whatever that means". He is fully ascended, he can go and have coffee with the ascended beings, but they only let him do things that he could do when he was a " regualr Ol' Goa'uld" as said by Anubis himself.
+Quote Post
Supreme Nerd
post Sep 20th 2006, 11:31 AM
Post #14

Airman Basic

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Sep 20th 2006, 10:35 AM) *

Ascension allows a person to learn more about the universe but as you said, there is an infinite amount of knowledge to learn therefore they will never know everything about the universe.

Ascended beings are pure energy,they dont have a limited dimension of what information they can?t can store.Pherhaps you are right about they cant know everything about the universe,but thats the choise of a singular ascended being.
+Quote Post
hobo_joe20
post Sep 20th 2006, 11:57 AM
Post #15

Brigadier General
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,055

QUOTE(Supreme Nerd @ Sep 20th 2006, 12:31 PM) *

Ascended beings are pure energy,they dont have a limited dimension of what information they can?t can store.Pherhaps you are right about they cant know everything about the universe,but thats the choise of a singular ascended being.

If there is an infinite amount of knowledge in the universe, it does not matter how much of it you can store or how fast you learn it. There will always be more then don't know. You can't put a finite limit on an infinite number.
+Quote Post
jacksworld
post Sep 22nd 2006, 3:53 PM
Post #16

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,030

A thought has just occured to me. Apparently, the sg-c needs a zpm to gate to the pegasus galaxy becuase it takes alot of power right? So that means the pegasus galaxy is pretty far away from the milky way. Now as we have seen in sg-1 that the ori have visited planets within the milky way so, there galaxy shouldnt be as far away as the pegasus would be. Unless the ori have found there own powersource to enable them to travel to the milkyway. But if they dont, cant sg-1 sort of use a process of elimination on galaxies closest to the milkyway and search out the Oris galaxy. I understand it could take some time, because the universe is pretty big and we dont really know how many galaxies are really close to us, or do we?
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Sep 22nd 2006, 4:21 PM
Post #17

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(jacksworld @ Sep 22nd 2006, 9:53 PM) *

A thought has just occured to me. Apparently, the sg-c needs a zpm to gate to the pegasus galaxy becuase it takes alot of power right? So that means the pegasus galaxy is pretty far away from the milky way. Now as we have seen in sg-1 that the ori have visited planets within the milky way so, there galaxy shouldnt be as far away as the pegasus would be. Unless the ori have found there own powersource to enable them to travel to the milkyway. But if they dont, cant sg-1 sort of use a process of elimination on galaxies closest to the milkyway and search out the Oris galaxy. I understand it could take some time, because the universe is pretty big and we dont really know how many galaxies are really close to us, or do we?

We are talking about the Ori here, they have the abilities to create a power source that will let them connect their Stargates to any galaxy. Their ships were created using ascended knowledge so they can easily create a power source that will provide huge amounts of energy.
It was said in 'Avalon' that the Alterans travelled for thousands of years before they discovered the Milky Way, so the Ori galaxy is nowhere near the Milky Way.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 21st 2014 - 1:41 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.