Dafmeister
post Jul 16th 2006, 10:05 AM
Post #49

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(Subfer @ Jul 16th 2006, 9:38 AM) *
It realy sucked that they destroyed Orion writers really f***** up there if u ask me.
TPTB had to destroy it to redress the balance. If Orion had survived, the team could have fully repaired it and used it to attack the Wraith. It wouldn't have been realistic if they hadn't destroyed it and not have taken the fight to the Wraith.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ALIEN_JL
post Jul 16th 2006, 10:38 AM
Post #50

Captain
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,244

I think its fine that the Orion was destroyed... It propably wouldn't have been
so usefull anyway... (It would have been just a big unarmed transport ship...)
+Quote Post
Aticus
post Jul 16th 2006, 11:20 AM
Post #51

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,280

i love when McKay was bashing DOS lol

"look at this console, it's a mess. good thing i still remember how to use DOS. trust me Ronan, that was VERY funny""

This post has been edited by Aticus: Jul 16th 2006, 11:20 AM
+Quote Post
Major Gordon Sumner
post Jul 16th 2006, 2:38 PM
Post #52

Airman Basic

Member No.: 11,699

QUOTE(Aticus @ Jul 16th 2006, 6:20 PM) *

i love when McKay was bashing DOS lol

"look at this console, it's a mess. good thing i still remember how to use DOS. trust me Ronan, that was VERY funny""

I've missed that one... I'm from Belgium and the word "Dos" I couldn't translate it, I was wondering was it was... No thanks to you I understand... It's really too much funny biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
That Chevron Guy
post Jul 16th 2006, 2:58 PM
Post #53

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,682

Well, the Orion is gone! That was a huge letdown, but then again, she was already somewhat damaged. You can't blame the Atlantis Expedition for that. She did, however, at least take out one Wraith hiveship. Plus what will become of the Daedalus? Are they going to repair her?

And I don't know why everyone is complaining about the to be continued part. Would you rather have both ep's crammed into one? I wouldn't. I hate it when ep's are rushed.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Jul 16th 2006, 3:22 PM
Post #54

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(That Chevron Guy @ Jul 16th 2006, 3:58 PM) *

Well, the Orion is gone! That was a huge letdown, but then again, she was already somewhat damaged. You can't blame the Atlantis Expedition for that. She did, however, at least take out one Wraith hiveship. Plus what will become of the Daedalus? Are they going to repair her?

And I don't know why everyone is complaining about the to be continued part. Would you rather have both ep's crammed into one? I wouldn't. I hate it when ep's are rushed.

They could have started out with a 90 minute episode. This episode was still a bit rushed.
+Quote Post
tauri129
post Jul 16th 2006, 5:26 PM
Post #55

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,046

i really liked this ep. great special effects. i liked that they actually had weir make a decision without shepperd. maybe there's hope for her yet...though probably not. i think theres a lot of hope for this season.
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Jul 16th 2006, 6:00 PM
Post #56

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

I must be wondering what will they do with Michael... I mean, he's still a Wraith, he will need to feed soon. Will they allow him to return to his fellow Wraith, or transform him into a human again, by his agreement?
+Quote Post
Major Gordon Sumner
post Jul 16th 2006, 6:43 PM
Post #57

Airman Basic

Member No.: 11,699

QUOTE(tauri129 @ Jul 17th 2006, 12:26 AM) *

i really liked this ep. great special effects. i liked that they actually had weir make a decision without shepperd. maybe there's hope for her yet...though probably not. i think theres a lot of hope for this season.

I agree ! Weir did a really good job, I mean as an actress. She was the only one actress who gave an energy to all the episode. She was playing on the edge. Kind of tired person, exhausted byu the work and the stress of the events. Her responsability and all. That was a good interpretation. really good for the episode. The others are taking the whole war too much for a joke...
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Jul 16th 2006, 8:51 PM
Post #58

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 8,565

Hobo I soooo missed that. laugh.gif How funny is that! An Hommage to BSG I guess.

Why the hell is the USA getting SGA before Canada does? We always get it first. I just realized it. DUH to me but still it is just so not right! 1.gif
+Quote Post
kingpet
post Jul 16th 2006, 9:01 PM
Post #59

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,091

HEYYY.....

i just finished watching this eps and start watching the sg1 eps.

ISNT the guy on the bridge with caldwell the SAME person as the guy on the bridge with the captain on the odyssey?!
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Jul 16th 2006, 9:19 PM
Post #60

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 8,565

Major Lorne?

They beamed him over just before it blew up.
+Quote Post
kingpet
post Jul 16th 2006, 11:02 PM
Post #61

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,091

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Jul 16th 2006, 10:19 PM) *

Major Lorne?

They beamed him over just before it blew up.

nono, i mean he was in the sg1 10x01 eps as well as the atlantis 3x01 eps. like recycled actors?
+Quote Post
hobo_joe20
post Jul 17th 2006, 12:30 AM
Post #62

Brigadier General
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,055

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Jul 16th 2006, 9:51 PM) *

Hobo I soooo missed that. laugh.gif How funny is that! An Hommage to BSG I guess.

I'm pretty sure it's within the first like 5-10 mins of the episode 1.gif
+Quote Post
Pitry
post Jul 17th 2006, 3:06 AM
Post #63

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 745

Yay! Crossovers! No, really. I love them, I do. I already do see both shows as one with two episodes every week, and I would have liked the notion of "the characters in the episode are detemrined by location, not cast", so yay! Crossovers!

I really really really hope Weir becomes more hte Weir we saw in No Man's Land and the second half of season 1 than the Weir in the rest of hte show. That's the Weir that should be - a strong woman that goes with the "I don't give a damn what you're thinking, I'm doing what I think is right, I know I make huge mistakes and I'm going to take responsibility for them." That's the Weir I always imagined. So, hooray! Woolsey is becoming quite a bit more of a "good guy", tho, and I'm not sure if that's such a good thing, TBH. Portraying the rest of the IOA as idiots just to make Woolsey seem better so we can relate to him - I dunno, kind of ruins the dynamics they achieved in Heroes, Inaugration and Prototype.

.. Ha! The Orii are mentioned in Atlantis. I wondered how long that'll take. Flesh and Blood spoilers!
» Click for Spoiler «

So the Orion is destroyed. Good, it was too big a technology to have at any rate. They shouldn't have Aurora class ships - definitely not this early in the show. (...however, what is it with the writer's need to destroy spaceships? Not just SG1 and the Orion - but the Daedalus?! They need the Daedalus! The Oddyssey can't go on the Daedalus route! Meh. And just as I was starting to like Caldwell... nah, they need to get him a ship. However! There shall be no more magical, "oh, we just ended up building this new, shiny, ship." Please?)

So Wraith Queens aren't like the rest of the Wraith- in the genetic make up, no less, methinks? I wonder if we're going to see more about that - I certainly hope so. Maybe some of the riddles of the Wraith's existance would finally be solved?

And Michael turned too fast. And I mean, way too fast. So he's having a bit of problems at home and all of a sudden he forget all about how he wanted to go back to being a Wraith when he was human? Yes, I know that experience changed him. But that still should have been a slower process. And what's with the queen calling him "Michael"? Are we ever going to learn the Wraith's real names?
Loads of amusing quotes from Sheppard, not as many from McKay - quite a McKay light episode, TBH. A shame. All in all, excellent. Let's hope the rest of the season looks like that and not like the first half of season 2! But can the Wraith please stop being so theatrical? Please? Pretty please?... :|

Kingpet: I suspect you mean Major Marks on SG1 and whoever it is on SGA - no, they're not the same person; However they do seem alike. Er, cough, limited gene pool?

This post has been edited by Pitry: Jul 17th 2006, 3:08 AM
+Quote Post
ancient01
post Jul 17th 2006, 6:39 AM
Post #64

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,239

As much as I wanted to see more of the Orion, for the sake of the storyline, I do think they needed to lose that piece of tech. I wonder if they'll even ackowledge the fact that it wasn't their ship. The people they got it from are going to be pretty upset when they find out. It was supposed to be on loan until they got re-settled on their new world, wasn't it?

Overall, I'd say this was a passable episode. I loved the space battles, but the story left a little to be desired, in my opinion. Teyla had no role in this one, and yes, I agree with many of you who say she should have had even less. She has no place in the chain of command, so she shouldn't have even been in the control room, let alone run the place. My $.02...
+Quote Post
dr lee
post Jul 17th 2006, 6:47 AM
Post #65

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,109

they've done this before with teyla.

In Intruder when all the main earth Atlantis people were returning on the Deadalus Teyla was left in charge of Atlantis.

so she shouldn't have even been in the control room, let alone run the place

So the fact that she is the leader of the Athosians means she has no experience of leading people?
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Jul 17th 2006, 7:59 AM
Post #66

General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(ancient01 @ Jul 17th 2006, 12:39 PM) *
The people they got it from are going to be pretty upset when they find out. It was supposed to be on loan until they got re-settled on their new world, wasn't it?
Yes it was supposed to be but it is unlikely they will go back to that part of the story. Orion belonged, for all intents and purposes, to Atlantis. The people who they got it from couldn't do anything about the destruction of Orion so there is no real point in including them again.
+Quote Post
J&S4Ever
post Jul 17th 2006, 8:37 AM
Post #67

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,176

QUOTE(Revan @ Jul 15th 2006, 1:50 PM) *

They had over a month to repair that ship. They only reason it was not in 100% working order was their lack of knowledge.

This is a TV show, not reality. Things are done for the sake of storylines.

Over a month... and you expect, in just over a month, for them to get a derelict spaceship that has been sitting in a hanger for 10,000 years working perfectly???

Yes it is a TV show, but the people who watch it are also very intelligent and we KNOW that we can barely repair a badly damaged CAR in a little over a month and that's because we have access to the manuals, parts, and blueprints. Imagine trying to get all of that for a ship that's been sitting there for longer than there has been civilization on Earth??? Come on!!! It wasn't just their lack of knowledge, personnel, etc. but that fact that they really do need more than a month to fix something the size and scope of the Orion.\

Although you're right about the storyline part in the sense that if Orion had been in working order, we would have kicked Wraith ass and well...there goes the show!

This post has been edited by J&S4Ever: Jul 17th 2006, 8:45 AM
+Quote Post
ALIEN_JL
post Jul 17th 2006, 10:52 AM
Post #68

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,244

Even if Orion would have survived it wouldn't have been so big advantage against the Wraiths
because it was armed only with drones...
+Quote Post
Revan
post Jul 17th 2006, 11:50 AM
Post #69

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(J&S4Ever @ Jul 17th 2006, 9:37 AM) *

Over a month... and you expect, in just over a month, for them to get a derelict spaceship that has been sitting in a hanger for 10,000 years working perfectly???

Yes it is a TV show, but the people who watch it are also very intelligent and we KNOW that we can barely repair a badly damaged CAR in a little over a month and that's because we have access to the manuals, parts, and blueprints. Imagine trying to get all of that for a ship that's been sitting there for longer than there has been civilization on Earth??? Come on!!! It wasn't just their lack of knowledge, personnel, etc. but that fact that they really do need more than a month to fix something the size and scope of the Orion.\

Although you're right about the storyline part in the sense that if Orion had been in working order, we would have kicked Wraith ass and well...there goes the show!

Certainly not perfectly. But enough that it could use shields and weapons simultaneously. Given how fast Rodney was able to get the hyperdrive and shields working, I would think they would be able to do something about the rest of the systems. Course, they may have attempted an entire overhaul...

BTW, are you saying I am unintelligent? unsure.gif
+Quote Post
ancient01
post Jul 17th 2006, 12:51 PM
Post #70

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,239

QUOTE(dr lee @ Jul 17th 2006, 7:47 AM) *

So the fact that she is the leader of the Athosians means she has no experience of leading people?

It's not a question of her leadership abilities. It's an "Earth base" with a strong military presence. There is presumably a clear chain of command. We've never seen Teyla placed in that chain of command. She has not really been anything more than an advisor to Sheppard, Weir, and Caldwell. Teal'c really faces the same situation in the SGC. We never see him giving orders other than something like "Get out of the way." In those situations, though, he is usually carrying a very large weapon, so rank or not, people tend to listen. There is, I admit, though, always the possibility that she was given an official position behind the scenes. We just haven't seen it.
+Quote Post
J&S4Ever
post Jul 17th 2006, 1:32 PM
Post #71

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,176

QUOTE(Revan @ Jul 17th 2006, 11:50 AM) *

Certainly not perfectly. But enough that it could use shields and weapons simultaneously. Given how fast Rodney was able to get the hyperdrive and shields working, I would think they would be able to do something about the rest of the systems. Course, they may have attempted an entire overhaul...

BTW, are you saying I am unintelligent? unsure.gif

But Rodney was otherwise occupied with the whole Wraith thing, and if he had time and fixed it then we would not have lost it and we would be beating the Wraith and that would not be good.

Of course I'm not saying that. That why I said "WE" which includes you. I think TPTB know we're going to sit here and discuss and dissect every part of the episode so they throw in some stuff for us to chew on that we have to sit and think through. I read the posts and then think about them for a while before I reply (most of the time). And sometime they just don't know what to write to fill in the episode and we get crappy TV!
+Quote Post
Opher
post Jul 17th 2006, 1:40 PM
Post #72

Airman Basic

Member No.: 12,030

QUOTE(ancient01 @ Jul 17th 2006, 8:51 PM) *

It's not a question of her leadership abilities. It's an "Earth base" with a strong military presence. There is presumably a clear chain of command. We've never seen Teyla placed in that chain of command. She has not really been anything more than an advisor to Sheppard, Weir, and Caldwell. Teal'c really faces the same situation in the SGC. We never see him giving orders other than something like "Get out of the way." In those situations, though, he is usually carrying a very large weapon, so rank or not, people tend to listen. There is, I admit, though, always the possibility that she was given an official position behind the scenes. We just haven't seen it.

I'm not sure she would be the best to lead even if she did have some official position. This is an Earth base, as you said, she would have to have Earth "knowledge". Most of the problems she would have to face would be simple, like "X" lost his passaport (just an exemple ;)), and she would have to know what that is in order to solve the problem smile.gif She would have a lot of similar problems to deal with and she might just lack the understanding of earth tech and habits to handle them all (i think anyone responsable for more than 30 or so people would agree that most of the work they do is maintainance related).
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 27th 2014 - 11:13 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.