> 1001 - Flesh and Blood
Rating  5
Muskusrat
post Jul 15th 2006, 4:21 AM
Post #25

Airman Basic

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,849

It was a nice episode, to bad the russian ship was destroyed and not the american one. That would have proven more plasable for the main characters to survive then they did now. And what happened to the asgard ship during the battle? I didnt see it blow up like the others, so where did it go?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ziu
post Jul 15th 2006, 7:10 AM
Post #26

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,813

QUOTE(Muskusrat @ Jul 15th 2006, 4:21 AM) *

It was a nice episode, to bad the russian ship was destroyed and not the american one. That would have proven more plasable for the main characters to survive then they did now. And what happened to the asgard ship during the battle? I didnt see it blow up like the others, so where did it go?

They did mention in this episode that the Asgard ship also was destroyed. king.gif

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Jul 14th 2006, 10:31 PM) *

I would love to see an armada of asguard ships come in and "keep it gangsta". Thor is the supreme commander of the Asguard fleet, lets see the fleet in action.

The Asgard fleet needs have improved versions king.gif over the one that was in the battle and got destroyed.

Nice conclusion of the Season 9 cliffhanger. I only noticed one problem. Samantha was going to reprogram the Supergate in order to stop additonal Ori Ships, but later (in Episode 1001) the concern about stopping additional Ori ships was raised.

I also liked the creepy eyes of Vala's daughter. A nice mini-flame of the Ori.

Finally, the Ori are definitely a representation of the current Islam extremists and the 4th thru 16th Century Christians/Catholics. king.gif
+Quote Post
CluckChicken
post Jul 15th 2006, 7:24 AM
Post #27

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,974

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Jul 15th 2006, 5:01 AM) *

Exactly, it was not out of character for Bra'tac to do that. There were times when Bra'tac saw no way out, and felt that he would do as much damage as possible before dying. In Serpent's Lair, after they destroy the ship, Jack asks what now? Bra'tac says, "now we die." Jack says, "that's a lousy plan." Of course, they find a way off the ship before it explodes.

I'm pretty sure it was out of character for Bra'tac, I can't remember any time were he seeked out death in an obviously hopeless cause when he had the option to fight another day with possibly better odds.

Ah another enemy spaceship with fire pits and dark hallways, well at least this time the Ori seem to have some places with light bulbs. Nice of the designers though to create the personal rooms with the look and feel of the middle ages that the people had before taking to space.

Vala did miss the opportunity to really mess with the little one's belief after she gave that speak about why they are attacking. The girl acted as though she was not completely sure of the reasoning and if it was repeated back to her it would have sounded even sillier.

Mitchell & Carter's speech at the end was too forced, it felt like the writers were hitting us over the head with how similar this was to the Goa'uld and how they have no plain yet.
+Quote Post
Matman
post Jul 15th 2006, 8:37 AM
Post #28

where's my gameboy...
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 10,164

QUOTE(CluckChicken @ Jul 15th 2006, 7:24 AM) *

I'm pretty sure it was out of character for Bra'tac, I can't remember any time were he seeked out death in an obviously hopeless cause when he had the option to fight another day with possibly better odds.

Ah another enemy spaceship with fire pits and dark hallways, well at least this time the Ori seem to have some places with light bulbs. Nice of the designers though to create the personal rooms with the look and feel of the middle ages that the people had before taking to space.

Vala did miss the opportunity to really mess with the little one's belief after she gave that speak about why they are attacking. The girl acted as though she was not completely sure of the reasoning and if it was repeated back to her it would have sounded even sillier.

Mitchell & Carter's speech at the end was too forced, it felt like the writers were hitting us over the head with how similar this was to the Goa'uld and how they have no plain yet.

I think they were more concerned about how cool that scene would sound on the preview! laugh.gif They were just gong for dramatic, not why did they say that for? Of course we need a new plan, if Oniell were there he probably would of cracked out a big DUH! after Mitchell's last statement.
+Quote Post
Opher
post Jul 15th 2006, 9:53 AM
Post #29

Airman Basic

Member No.: 12,030

Great episode, one of the best i've seen.
About the missing Asgard ship:
As far as i know, the Asgard ship is controlled by only one individual, namely Vasier (sorry, not sure how to spell it), who got to the Earth ship (beamed there, most probably), so the Asgard ship must have been destroyed, otherwise we would've seen it there.
I don't recall them actually saying this, but i've only watched the episode once ;)
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Jul 15th 2006, 10:13 AM
Post #30

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

The episode was just amazing. Daniel should have had more scenes IMO, when him and Vala were in the same room, the scenes that followed were pretty funny... laugh.gif

It also seems to me that the Asgard ship was destroyed... The Russian colonel is dead (I hope everyone expected this to happen). A mystery to me remains why Daniel made it pass through the Ori shields with the rings, while the bomb they were sending didn't.

They spent a lot of money on those special effects, the season started pretty perfectly. Adria changes things a lot, and Mitchell's new plan will surely be needed.

My favourite lines:

VALA: Now, she's hell bent on domination of the galaxy.
DANIEL (confused): How old is she?
VALA: A few hours. biggrin.gif
VALA: If she takes after her mother, she'll have a pretty good figure, too.
DANIEL: This is bad.
VALA: You're telling me, Origin is about to become more appealing to the males of this galaxy. laugh.gif
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Jul 15th 2006, 10:32 AM
Post #31

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

We can't assume that the Asguard ship was destroyed if we didn't see it. If you watch Camelot again, check out about the 41 minute mark (minus commercials) it appears that the asguard ship makes an overhead pass of the Ori ships and heads out of the battle area. If our 304 was able to leave the battle, I'm sure the Asguard ship jumped into hypersapce as well.
+Quote Post
Romestar
post Jul 15th 2006, 10:36 AM
Post #32

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,897

I got a kick out of how Vala named her daughter after her evil step-mom, it kind of fits.
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Jul 15th 2006, 10:37 AM
Post #33

Major General
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Jul 15th 2006, 6:32 PM) *

We can't assume that the Asguard ship was destroyed if we didn't see it. If you watch Camelot again, check out about the 41 minute mark (minus commercials) it appears that the asguard ship makes an overhead pass of the Ori ships and heads out of the battle area. If our 304 was able to leave the battle, I'm sure the Asguard ship jumped into hypersapce as well.

Yes, you are probably right. The Asgard ship must have done the same as the Odyssey. The Odyssey managed to escape with their sub-light engines, and the Ori spared their ship, while Kvasir escaped into Hyperspace, and returned later to check upon the Odyssey. Wonder where he 'parked' his ship though. whistling.gif

This post has been edited by KillerMarv: Jul 15th 2006, 10:37 AM
+Quote Post
Saffron
post Jul 15th 2006, 11:01 AM
Post #34

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,472

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Jul 15th 2006, 10:13 AM) *

A mystery to me remains why Daniel made it pass through the Ori shields with the rings, while the bomb they were sending didn't.

Daniel was in the rings alone when he went over. They didn't have time to place the device within the rings before the explosion.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Jul 15th 2006, 11:11 AM
Post #35

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(Saffron @ Jul 15th 2006, 12:01 PM) *

Daniel was in the rings alone when he went over. They didn't have time to place the device within the rings before the explosion.

They tried to send a bomb near the end of the episode. When they were at Chulak.

Sweet epsiode. More great battle sequences. AND nobody was ridiculing Vala. Heh, her witch step-mother... nice touch.

I wonder why the jaffa bomb didn't work...
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Jul 15th 2006, 11:15 AM
Post #36

Major General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Revan @ Jul 15th 2006, 7:11 PM) *

They tried to send a bomb near the end of the episode. When they were at Chulak.
Sweet epsiode. More great battle sequences. AND nobody was ridiculing Vala. Heh, her witch step-mother... nice touch.

Yes, that's the bomb I was referring to... I know that before the explosion Daniel was the only one around, and it was a good (coincidental biggrin.gif ) thing he was near the rings.

Vala was really great in this episode. She even stood in front of the fire from that weapon to save Daniel. Sweet line after Daniel shot both Adria and Vala's husband:

VALA: Couldn't you have waited at least until she healed me? biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Saffron
post Jul 15th 2006, 11:18 AM
Post #37

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,472

QUOTE(Revan @ Jul 15th 2006, 11:11 AM) *

Oh, that one. Is it possible it did get through but the Ori disabled it with their "magic"?
+Quote Post
Revan
post Jul 15th 2006, 11:29 AM
Post #38

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Jul 15th 2006, 12:15 PM) *

Yes, that's the bomb I was referring to... I know that before the explosion Daniel was the only one around, and it was a good (coincidental biggrin.gif ) thing he was near the rings.

What? When?

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Jul 15th 2006, 12:15 PM) *

Vala was really great in this episode. She even stood in front of the fire from that weapon to save Daniel. Sweet line after Daniel shot both Adria and Vala's husband:

VALA: Couldn't you have waited at least until she healed me? biggrin.gif

No no...

Vala: 'Coulding you at least have waited until she finished healing me?!'
Daniel: 'She was distracted'

OOOO yeah I think Vala loves Daniel. She almost gave her life to save his. I really like her character. It is probable that I am biased because of Farscape though...
+Quote Post
Natoma
post Jul 15th 2006, 12:11 PM
Post #39

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,888

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Jul 15th 2006, 11:13 AM) *
A mystery to me remains why Daniel made it pass through the Ori shields with the rings, while the bomb they were sending didn't.

The bomb did make it through. Remember, the asgard ships had explosion suppression technology. Bombs wouldn't detonate inside an asgard ship under any circumstance. See Nemesis from Season 3.

No doubt the Ori ships have the same technology.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Jul 15th 2006, 12:21 PM
Post #40

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

Yes, you are probably right. The Asgard ship must have done the same as the Odyssey. The Odyssey managed to escape with their sub-light engines, and the Ori spared their ship, while Kvasir escaped into Hyperspace, and returned later to check upon the Odyssey. Wonder where he 'parked' his ship though.

He probably went back to the Asguard home world to report to Thor and give him analysis of the battle, so that they can refurb their shields and weapons. We have seen the Asgaurd flee a battle in order to regroup.

I don't think the Odessy had sublight engines when they left. I remember someone saying, "we lost sub light engines..." and later they mentioned that they repaired them when they were safe. At least thats what I think, too bad I forgot to have my pc record the ep.
+Quote Post
Natoma
post Jul 15th 2006, 12:45 PM
Post #41

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Jul 15th 2006, 1:21 PM) *

He probably went back to the Asguard home world to report to Thor and give him analysis of the battle, so that they can refurb their shields and weapons. We have seen the Asgaurd flee a battle in order to regroup.

I don't think the Odessy had sublight engines when they left. I remember someone saying, "we lost sub light engines..." and later they mentioned that they repaired them when they were safe. At least thats what I think, too bad I forgot to have my pc record the ep.

Nah he wouldn't have needed to go all the way back to the asgard homeworld. They do have long range communications. The Odyssey didn't have sub light engines anymore. But remember that they mentioned the Ori ships knew they were alive and left them alone. Why? They needed survivors to tell the tale.

My only gripe with this episode was that they took the "easy" way out and destroyed the russian ship, leaving cameron and daniel to get off the ship in "convenient" ways. I thought, from a drama standpoint, it would've been far better to have destroyed the american ship and have Stargate Command truly reliant upon the russians for season 10. That would've introduced another level of political complexity that would've been welcome imo.

But c'est la vie. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Natoma: Jul 15th 2006, 12:46 PM
+Quote Post
Opher
post Jul 15th 2006, 1:08 PM
Post #42

Airman Basic

Member No.: 12,030

If the Asgard ship wasn't destroyed, what's Vasier doing abord the Odissey? If he had escaped, why didn't he return with his ship to give them a hand with the rescue and the Alliance? If he did escape, why didn't the Ori try to follow his ship? They only needed one vessel to escape and tell others what happened.
On this note, do you think the Ori can "drain energy" from asgard followers as well?
+Quote Post
Natoma
post Jul 15th 2006, 1:17 PM
Post #43

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Opher @ Jul 15th 2006, 2:08 PM) *

If the Asgard ship wasn't destroyed, what's Vasier doing abord the Odissey? If he had escaped, why didn't he return with his ship to give them a hand with the rescue and the Alliance? If he did escape, why didn't the Ori try to follow his ship? They only needed one vessel to escape and tell others what happened.
On this note, do you think the Ori can "drain energy" from asgard followers as well?

The only logical explanation for your questions is that the asgard ship was indeed destroyed and Vasir beamed to the odyssey to survive.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Jul 15th 2006, 1:40 PM
Post #44

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(Natoma @ Jul 15th 2006, 2:17 PM) *

The only logical explanation for your questions is that the asgard ship was indeed destroyed and Vasir beamed to the odyssey to survive.

Yeah I guess we are to assume the Asgard ship was eaither destroyed, damaged or simply left... it was left vague at the end of last season. Kvasir had to arrive on the Odyssey somehow. Landry didn't say the Asgard ship was destroyed, just that it was defeated along with the rest of that fleet.
+Quote Post
Natoma
post Jul 15th 2006, 2:28 PM
Post #45

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Revan @ Jul 15th 2006, 2:40 PM) *

Yeah I guess we are to assume the Asgard ship was eaither destroyed, damaged or simply left... it was left vague at the end of last season. Kvasir had to arrive on the Odyssey somehow. Landry didn't say the Asgard ship was destroyed, just that it was defeated along with the rest of that fleet.

The only reason I would say it was destroyed was because the asgard would've taken the survivors aboard his ship and towed the Odyssey to safety had it survived. See what I'm getting at?
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Jul 15th 2006, 2:43 PM
Post #46

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,565

I think that Chekovy was one of the 5 that got off the russian ship. They said 5 got beamed off just before it exploded so I bet it was him. I hope so I liked that character.

I thought it was a good show. Nice how Vala tried to sacrifice herself to save Daniel. Where was Daniel during the filming. Seemed like he was not there much. Teal'c needs to grow his hair out another 1/2 inch as his hairline looks goofy as hell.

Poor Carter floating in space all alone for so long. Thought it was corny how the brought her back on board.
+Quote Post
Natoma
post Jul 15th 2006, 3:02 PM
Post #47

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

You thought it was corny how they brought her aboard? Why?
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Jul 15th 2006, 3:09 PM
Post #48

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,565

Because it is .....unrealistic. Also how does a fighter jet jockey get to kid the helmsman out of their seat so he can some how better fly the big ass ship better than its regular pilot. That is just so Star Trekkie that it is absurd!

Hell, even Carter thought it was stupid.
+Quote Post

10 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 30th 2014 - 6:16 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.