Guests cannot vote 
i love si-fi
post Feb 13th 2006, 4:34 PM
Post #25

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,710

All I no is that if the righter don?t do SOME thing they may have a few pisted off people (me in particular) cloud9.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
J&S4Ever
post Feb 13th 2006, 10:49 PM
Post #26

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,176

They'll probably end up together in some sort of way and Sam will get knocked up. I'm thinking there is something already going on because they have been teasing us shippers something fierce for the past two seasons!
+Quote Post
the_beautiful_letdown
post Feb 18th 2006, 7:44 AM
Post #27

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,167

K, what happens is that at some point, Jack comes bac, declares his undying love for Sam who claims she used to feel that way but now she's moved on 'cause she thought nothing could happen to them.
Jack, broken hearted and down cast at this point walks away, out of the SGC. Its night time, the stars are out and he hears footsteps behind him... he turns around...
Sam, running towards him like this is some kind of cheesy, low budget romantic comedy, stops just inches in front of him, says she regrets not telling him sooner how she feels and, well, we can all guess what happens next... whistling.gif
+Quote Post
MajikthizeII
post Feb 18th 2006, 5:35 PM
Post #28

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,365

QUOTE(the_beautiful_letdown @ Feb 18th 2006, 12:44 PM) *

Sam, running towards him like this is some kind of cheesy, low budget romantic comedy...

Which, I fear, is the key words in that scenario.

Don't get me wrong, I love Sam and Jack and the idea that they are in some way together or at least will be during/after season 9 (which I am sure they sort of are even if we never get to see any of it). However I cannot reconcile anything that goes on in Stargate with cheesy romantic fluff. Keep that to the fanfic I reckon.
Off screen and hinted at is more than enough to satisfy my shipper heart and keep the Fanfiction.net authors in business for a few more years at least.

+Quote Post
Magnavox
post Feb 18th 2006, 6:15 PM
Post #29

Posts with an accent...
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 3,724

See I reckon the ship, and not just Jack/Sam (which I think is kinda cheesely done already...is cheesely a word?) would probably be better handled again if they had female writers, not being sexist or anything, but it may offer a different perspective that the present writers haven't thought of. Just taking a quick look back now at the 'tolorable', what some would consider shippy episodes and I've noticed that they're all written by Brad Wright. rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
MajikthizeII
post Feb 19th 2006, 2:40 PM
Post #30

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,365

Cheesely perfectly acceptable IMO. Language is organic and all that.

See you do tend to find that there's only certain writers who can write sertain characters or scenarios well. If one person writes 'ship that the fans (in general and not just shipper fans) like then they should always get that person in to write ship or the ship bits in othe episodes.

I also think women writers, while not necessarily being better at writing ship, are better at writing women doing girly stuff and it not being insulting. I still think that, had Sam's S7/S8 love life adventures been written by a woman, it would have made for much better stories and smoother character development. A woman would not have lost sight of who Sam is inside. A woman would have put the romance in but not given her a personality transplant in the process.
To be honest I'm not that bothered by the way Sam's personal life was written because I didn't think it was as bad as some do, but I do acknowledge that it could have been handled better.
+Quote Post
lord ra
post Oct 5th 2006, 9:02 PM
Post #31

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,144

Well, seeing that the series is comming to an end i think it would be a good time to try to resurect this idea. I personaly think that it would be a great idea to have the final scene of the series be Jack and Sams wedding.
+Quote Post
Mac.Fan
post Nov 6th 2006, 3:35 AM
Post #32

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,500

QUOTE(lord ra @ Oct 5th 2006, 9:02 PM) *

Well, seeing that the series is comming to an end i think it would be a good time to try to resurect this idea. I personaly think that it would be a great idea to have the final scene of the series be Jack and Sams wedding.

That would be sweet cloud9.gif
+Quote Post
cosmos
post Nov 14th 2006, 1:43 PM
Post #33

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,080

It would look really forced and fake if they showed us a marriage. But I am really hoping for proof that they have been doing something ever since O'Neill left the SGC and perhaps telling their friends (ie Daniel, Tealc etc) that they are good together and happy and started thinking of marriage.

But I really doubt the writers are going to do anything, so all is moot. Maybe we can hope for the first movie!
+Quote Post
Mac.Fan
post Oct 7th 2007, 3:19 AM
Post #34

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,500

QUOTE(cosmos @ Nov 14th 2006, 1:43 PM) *

It would look really forced and fake if they showed us a marriage. But I am really hoping for proof that they have been doing something ever since O'Neill left the SGC and perhaps telling their friends (ie Daniel, Tealc etc) that they are good together and happy and started thinking of marriage.

But I really doubt the writers are going to do anything, so all is moot. Maybe we can hope for the first movie!

who know what they got plan. after all they did the marrige thing in the episode 200 on SG1 who knows why they might have plan for alantis 100th episode, Jack showing up and purposing to Sam in front of every one, now that would be sweet if that happens

This post has been edited by Mac.Fan: Oct 7th 2007, 3:22 AM
+Quote Post
corn.dog
post Dec 13th 2007, 6:47 PM
Post #35

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,916

So what does it mean for the "Jack & Sam show" if she's in another galaxy at Atlantis?

Are they status quo? Are they having "Stargate" sex (like phone sex)?

Do they have "an understanding" while she's in Atlantis, and Jack's.....and Jack's......retired?

Think they'll address it in a later Atlantis? Even just a casual comment will tell us volumes.
Such as telling McKay that she still is in contact with Jack and occasionally sees him when she gets back to earth.

Personally, I think Tayla is pregnant with Sam's baby. Well....it IS another galaxy!!
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Dec 13th 2007, 7:02 PM
Post #36

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(corn.dog @ Dec 13th 2007, 11:47 PM) *

So what does it mean for the "Jack & Sam show" if she's in another galaxy at Atlantis?

Are they status quo? Are they having "Stargate" sex (like phone sex)?

Do they have "an understanding" while she's in Atlantis, and Jack's.....and Jack's......retired?

Think they'll address it in a later Atlantis? Even just a casual comment will tell us volumes.
Such as telling McKay that she still is in contact with Jack and occasionally sees him when she gets back to earth.

Personally, I think Tayla is pregnant with Sam's baby. Well....it IS another galaxy!!

I think even the most adement fans would be a bit annoyed at that wink.gif

As for Sam and Jack, the producers have enough knowledge not to do it in Atlantis, if they were going to make they get together it would either be in the SG-1 series or the films. But doing it during Atlantis tbh is disrespectful towards the SG-1 fans, since not all of them watch Atlantis. For them to do it during Atlantis would seem really cheap on their end and I don't believe they would even think of doing it.
Plus I don't think RDA would do any more SGA when SG-1 isn't going on, I just don't think he would...
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 16th 2014 - 6:24 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.