post Aug 20th 2006, 10:17 PM
Post #1

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Episode 7 - Counterstrike
Air Date: August 25, 2006
The Jaffa take the fight to the Ori, using a genocidal weapon on their new worshippers and landing SG-1 in the middle of a war they can't control.

More info:  Episode Guide  Spoilers  Teaser  Screencaps Stargate SG-1 - Stargate SG-1, Season 10 - Counterstrike  
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Aazadan
post Aug 25th 2006, 9:04 PM
Post #2

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,145

Daniels end comment was out of place. The episode had some good foreshadowing though and it was entertaining. I thought it was interesting that Daniel still kept a picture of Share.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Aug 25th 2006, 9:11 PM
Post #3

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

Carter and Daneil have lots of experience operating Ancient tech, and they could hardly figure out how to work the consoles like the one at Dakara. How did the Jaffa figure it out?

Now Dell makes a laptop that interfaces with Ori Technology? I guess the XPS is better than I thought.

I think the ep was good. Adria is compelled to hve her mother accept the Ori. Which will probably end up being her downfall.

What do they want with Daniel? Perhaps they know that he was ascended, and they want to turn him and use him?

After the show I saw a commercial that says you can download the ep on Itunes tomorrow. That will be usefull for people who aren't in the US.
+Quote Post
lingling
post Aug 25th 2006, 9:12 PM
Post #4

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,409

Well all I can say is *slap* to the genocidal Jaffa. Anyone else think Valas daughter Adria is hot? I would join the way of Origin just to see her cloud9.gif

Do any of you think that the ancients would step in if the Ori attacked earth? Maybe the Furlings will step in and save the day. hehe furlings.

A few times during this episode I thought that the Jaffa were going to dial Earth and fire the Ancient weapon instead of sending their entire fleet to do the job. Guess he had not thought of that.

I think the Ori want to use Daniel to get to the Ancients somehow. Maybe see if Daniel has any hiddin memories as an ascended being?

Who knows guess we shall wait another 2 weeks until the next new episode.

This post has been edited by lingling: Aug 25th 2006, 9:16 PM
+Quote Post
Aazadan
post Aug 25th 2006, 9:17 PM
Post #5

Airman First Class
Group Icon

2 weeks, next week isn't new?
+Quote Post
lingling
post Aug 25th 2006, 9:21 PM
Post #6

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,409

Saddly no. When SciFi showed the previews for the next ep, the guy said tune in in 2 weeks to see the new episode.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Aug 25th 2006, 9:28 PM
Post #7

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(lingling @ Aug 25th 2006, 9:12 PM) *

Well all I can say is *slap* to the genocidal Jaffa. Anyone else think Valas daughter Adria is hot? I would join the way of Origin just to see her cloud9.gif

Yes, Morena Baccarin is definitly attractive.

Here is the link to her imdb page. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1072555/
+Quote Post
CluckChicken
post Aug 25th 2006, 9:33 PM
Post #8

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,974

QUOTE(lingling @ Aug 25th 2006, 10:12 PM) *

Anyone else think Valas daughter Adria is hot?

YES!

The ep was good, I like that the Orii are have plans for Jackson. Like that we just can't use one of their ships, good security setup by the Orii, and it's looks like they've added the tale of the Green Knight in as well.

Things I didn't like. Why must the Jafa be so stupid? Do all the Jafa we have to meet any more have to be the ones that have only read the new text books from whatever loony they put in charge? What happened to Darkar's defense force? No ships in orbit, how did that happen? Did Darkar also have only a handful of people there? It seemed that the planet was evacuated just a tad to quickly.

Now Dell makes a laptop that interfaces with Ori Technology?

Don't you watch any SciFi shows? Any PC can operate any alien computer system, the aliens even provide easy to use interface ports.
+Quote Post
Aazadan
post Aug 25th 2006, 9:44 PM
Post #9

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Well, the SGC isn't a stranger to ancient tech and neither are the Asgard. Considering what Ori tech is based on, it seems perfectly believable that their computers can interface. It's not like the computer Carter was using was fresh out of the box and didn't have any special software installed.

Edit: I don't usually notice things like this but what happened to the prior staff that Carter had grabbed? It disappeared right after Teal'c/Mitchell were rescued.

This post has been edited by Aazadan: Aug 25th 2006, 9:45 PM
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Aug 25th 2006, 10:26 PM
Post #10

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Jaffa Leader to Landry: The Tau'ri are a people who are...

Gen Landry: PISSED!
+Quote Post
Lisa
post Aug 25th 2006, 10:37 PM
Post #11

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,556

As usual, I love it when we're in the tenth season, and we refer back to Sha're and Children of the Gods.

Because that means that the writers are not forgetting small plot details that create the characters we love, and have created the show that we still love and watch today.

Haha, and I loved Daniel's line about Vala being a mother at the end. I watch my mom on a daily basis, and I wonder how she does it all. I'll never be able to be a mother.

Oh, and Teal'c was zatted by the Jaffa really fast in the fire fight. sad.gif Teal'c is never taken down that fast.

But, I liked this episode. It was pretty decent. I didn't like the plot, but I really loved the way the dialogue flowed.
+Quote Post
Matman
post Aug 25th 2006, 10:45 PM
Post #12

where's my gameboy...
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 10,164

Good Ep, liked hearing Adria say the Ori have plans for Daniel probably referring to:
» Click to Show Spoiler «

But still very good Ep, like how Adria is crazy powerful, she just said "Wake up Jaffa" and he's up. Also controling the ship with her mind, very cool! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Natoma
post Aug 25th 2006, 11:00 PM
Post #13

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,888

This was a fantastic episode from the use of old plot details to advance the characters, to foreshadowing regarding Daniel's fate, to the interactions of the team together.

Little moments such as Teal'c's growing respect for Mitchell, Daniel's mental sparring with Adria, and Vala's interaction with Bra'tac just make it even sadder to me that this show is ending this season.

The character of Adria, and her torn allegiances to her mother and her own genetic nature, is highly intriguing. The desperation of the Jaffa in using the Dakara weapon. The heartbroken team after the destruction of Dakara.

So many moments. Such a fantastic episode. Even the timely beam out wasn't really "timely". If Carter hadn't gotten the shields down in time, I think they would've survived as the Ori shields probably would've protected against the weapon.

As for the Jaffa operating the Dakara weapon, Sam spoke about keeping the weapon intact until they were sure that all replicators in the galaxy were destroyed in Season 8's Threads. No doubt the Jaffa learned how to operate the weapon during that time, off screen.

However, my nit about this episode centers on the strength of the Ori weapon. Why did it take so many shots to destroy the mountain? Was it so heavily shielded because of the Ancient tech? Maybe. But it felt a little strange.

Otherwise, great episode.

This post has been edited by Natoma: Aug 25th 2006, 11:02 PM
+Quote Post
toolazytothinkofanoriginalname
post Aug 25th 2006, 11:00 PM
Post #14

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,905

ok, they could have easily blew up that ship by beaminga nuke before they left, and killed adria

could she have possibly been refering to making daniel her husband or something like that, the bad girls have gone for him in the past (such as hathor)
+Quote Post
Matman
post Aug 25th 2006, 11:06 PM
Post #15

where's my gameboy...
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,164

QUOTE(toolazytothinkofanoriginalname @ Aug 25th 2006, 11:00 PM) *

ok, they could have easily blew up that ship by beaminga nuke before they left, and killed adria

could she have possibly been refering to making daniel her husband or something like that, the bad girls have gone for him in the past (such as hathor)

Eh? Dont think so, remember correctly she said to Daniel "I'll keep you alive, we have plans for you!" even though she was constantly giving off that sexy seductive look at everyone she isnt gonna make him her husband or hubbie, never going to happen!

This post has been edited by Gate Jumper: Aug 25th 2006, 11:06 PM
+Quote Post
Natoma
post Aug 25th 2006, 11:11 PM
Post #16

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(toolazytothinkofanoriginalname @ Aug 26th 2006, 12:00 AM) *

That's if they had any nukes on board.
+Quote Post
toolazytothinkofanoriginalname
post Aug 25th 2006, 11:14 PM
Post #17

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,905

ok, saying "if they had nukes" about a warship is like saying "if tom cruise is crazy"

they would have ALOT of nukes on board, because they are the only effective weapon we have
+Quote Post
dr lee
post Aug 25th 2006, 11:15 PM
Post #18

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,109

QUOTE(toolazytothinkofanoriginalname @ Aug 26th 2006, 5:00 AM) *

ok, they could have easily blew up that ship by beaming a nuke before they left, and killed adria

I don't think that would have worked.

In flesh and blood when Daniel Rings onto the Ori ship there was also a Nuke in the ring platform. Only Daniel got through which indicates that the Ori can block stuff from 'ringing' onto their ships
+Quote Post
Laitaine
post Aug 25th 2006, 11:15 PM
Post #19

Airman Basic

Member No.: 12,301

Okay...maybe I'm just biased now because the show will be ending...but this episode wasn't halfway bad. I personally loved how little 'laugh out loud' humour there was compared to episode 200...where all we did was laugh the entire hour.

Did Daniel get new glasses or was it just me?

Sadly, I'm kinda depressed about this whole "We have plans for you." I've read spoilers...accidently, really...and it's ruined it all for me.

ANYWAY...great character building. I love, of course, hearing about Daniel's love for Sha're, and I love Vala's contribution to the show. In a lot of ways she's the same person we know and love from when she kicked Daniel's ass...but in so many ways she has matured and hopefully she'll earn more respect from the rest of the team. (Obviously Daniel respects her. The two have been through a lot together, and have a lot in common.)

Um, to be honest, I don't have a lot of nitpicks for this episode. So far, I'm really enjoying this season more than I enjoyed Season 9. It feels like the characters are finally falling in their places and I love how the new characters are interacting with the ones we know and love. (I suspected this would be the case for Season 10, since it's hard to write when the show has a completely new story plot.)

I cannot wait for next week's viewer choice (go to scifi.com to go and put in your vote...) and I am really excited for the Vala episode coming up in two weeks. Hopefully we can see some sides to her character that haven't been touched on before.
+Quote Post
Janos
post Aug 25th 2006, 11:23 PM
Post #20

Posts in his underwear
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,403

QUOTE(CluckChicken @ Aug 25th 2006, 8:33 PM) *

Things I didn't like. Why must the Jafa be so stupid? Do all the Jafa we have to meet any more have to be the ones that have only read the new text books from whatever loony they put in charge?

Yeah, no kidding. I was incredulous watching that. Are the Jaffa so damned stupid that they can't figure things out?

QUOTE(lingling @ Aug 25th 2006, 8:12 PM) *

A few times during this episode I thought that the Jaffa were going to dial Earth and fire the Ancient weapon instead of sending their entire fleet to do the job. Guess he had not thought of that.

See above ^

But even with the incredibly stupid Jaffa, I still liked this episode. It wasn't spectacular, but there's not much I didn't like. Just a good general SG-1 episode. If they were all like this, with the exception of the abject ridiculousness of the characters, we'd have a better SG-1.

Is is possible that M&M are actually listening to people's complaints that they suck at writing, and are writing better episodes? ohmy.gif
+Quote Post
Laitaine
post Aug 25th 2006, 11:28 PM
Post #21

Airman Basic

Member No.: 12,301

Is is possible that M&M are actually listening to people's complaints that they suck at writing, and are writing better episodes?

Hahaha! Touche!
+Quote Post
row4d
post Aug 25th 2006, 11:44 PM
Post #22

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,895

QUOTE(Laitaine @ Aug 25th 2006, 11:15 PM) *

Okay...maybe I'm just biased now because the show will be ending...but this episode wasn't halfway bad. I personally loved how little 'laugh out loud' humour there was compared to episode 200...where all we did was laugh the entire hour.

Did Daniel get new glasses or was it just me?

Sadly, I'm kinda depressed about this whole "We have plans for you." I've read spoilers...accidently, really...and it's ruined it all for me.

ANYWAY...great character building. I love, of course, hearing about Daniel's love for Sha're, and I love Vala's contribution to the show. In a lot of ways she's the same person we know and love from when she kicked Daniel's ass...but in so many ways she has matured and hopefully she'll earn more respect from the rest of the team. (Obviously Daniel respects her. The two have been through a lot together, and have a lot in common.)

Um, to be honest, I don't have a lot of nitpicks for this episode. So far, I'm really enjoying this season more than I enjoyed Season 9. It feels like the characters are finally falling in their places and I love how the new characters are interacting with the ones we know and love. (I suspected this would be the case for Season 10, since it's hard to write when the show has a completely new story plot.)

I cannot wait for next week's viewer choice (go to scifi.com to go and put in your vote...) and I am really excited for the Vala episode coming up in two weeks. Hopefully we can see some sides to her character that haven't been touched on before.

Daniel did get new frames -- finally, after 10 years. I rather like them. We saw them for the first time in "200" last week.

Voting has been closed for the Viewer's Choice marathon for some time.

QUOTE(toolazytothinkofanoriginalname @ Aug 25th 2006, 11:00 PM) *

Doubt it, since the wave from the Dakara weapon passed right over her without so much as leaving a hair out of place. The power of the Ori is protecting her through that amulet she's wearing around her neck. I'm guessing that the only way to kill her is to use Merlin's weapon. Not sure whether it will have an effect on her directly, or if they must first destroy the Ori themselves before she will be vulnerable.
+Quote Post
usmctech99
post Aug 25th 2006, 11:58 PM
Post #23

SILENCE!!!! I Kill you!
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,693

QUOTE(Natoma @ Aug 25th 2006, 10:00 PM) *

So many moments. Such a fantastic episode. Even the timely beam out wasn't really "timely". If Carter hadn't gotten the shields down in time, I think they would've survived as the Ori shields probably would've protected against the weapon.

So you didn't happen to notice that the Jaffa outside Adria's door were killed when the wave swept through the ship? The team would've been killed too without the timely beam out.
+Quote Post
Natoma
post Aug 26th 2006, 12:06 AM
Post #24

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(usmctech99 @ Aug 26th 2006, 12:58 AM) *

So you didn't happen to notice that the Jaffa outside Adria's door were killed when the wave swept through the ship? The team would've been killed too without the timely beam out.

Err, the shields were down when the Jaffa were killed, as I stated. Carter had to take the shields down for them to beam out.
+Quote Post

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 30th 2014 - 6:55 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.