Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> About this area

The loitering zone is for discussions about things other than Stargate. Please use the appropriate section when posting, and be sure to read the forum rules.

Loitering Zone Index: Off Topic Chatter | TV, Movies & Music | Computer Talk | Sports Talk | Forum Games

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rugby World Cup 2007
KillerMarv
post Sep 7th 2007, 3:51 PM
Post #1

Major General
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,622

Well, one month of awesome spectacle has just begun.

I should start this thread with the wonderful question: "Who do you think will win this year?" My personal favorites are 2003's runner-ups, Australia, but I don't think they'll win. It should be England again. 1.gif

Should also comment today's game between France and Argentina. Thinking that France should be a great favorite being the "home" team and all, I guess they played a disappointing game. Argentina is on the rise and may be a threat for Ireland as well in Pool D.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rogue Ashrak
post Sep 7th 2007, 10:56 PM
Post #2

Hero of Time
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 7,502

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Sep 8th 2007, 6:51 AM) *

Well, one month of awesome spectacle has just begun.

I should start this thread with the wonderful question: "Who do you think will win this year?" My personal favorites are 2003's runner-ups, Australia, but I don't think they'll win. It should be England again. 1.gif

Yeah our team has been looking kinda sucky lately. rolleyes.gif

Still national pride and all that must be upheld. Hopefully they'll make a decent shot at it.

Not that I'm paying much attention of course, the NRL finals series is much more interesting at the moment.
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Sep 8th 2007, 10:49 AM
Post #3

Major General
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,622

QUOTE(Rogue Ashrak @ Sep 8th 2007, 6:56 AM) *

Yeah our team has been looking kinda sucky lately. rolleyes.gif

Still national pride and all that must be upheld. Hopefully they'll make a decent shot at it.

I don't really get why would you be saying that... Australia literally crushed Japan 91-3 today. That was so far from sucky, that your national pride should be at maximum level. 1.gif
+Quote Post
Rogue Ashrak
post Sep 8th 2007, 1:18 PM
Post #4

Hero of Time
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 7,502

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Sep 9th 2007, 1:49 AM) *

I don't really get why would you be saying that... Australia literally crushed Japan 91-3 today. That was so far from sucky, that your national pride should be at maximum level. 1.gif

Well like I said, I havent been paying much attention 1.gif, Canterbury's assault on the NRL premiership is much more important in my book (Must see if they managed to beat North Queensland tonight, I have the game on tape to watch still).

Anyway, the last few matches I saw the Wallabies involved with were a few months ago when we got spanked by Ireland or Wales or some such second tier team. Plus there were issues with players and officials and stuff, and the media were really putting the boot in and questioning our world cup chances....so yeah, as far as I know they've been sucky as of late rolleyes.gif Did I mention I haven't been paying much attention lately? laugh.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 3rd 2014 - 2:00 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.