Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> Stargate SG-1: General Discussion

This area is for general discussion of Stargate SG-1 only. SG-1 spoilers belong in the Spoilers & Speculation section. There are separate categories for Stargate Atlantis Discussion and Stargate Universe Discussion. Complete forum rules are available here.

SG-1 Index: General Discussion | Spoilers & Speculation | Specific Episode Discussion

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Question about staff weaons
KillerMarv
post Nov 24th 2009, 2:19 AM
Post #73

Major General
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,622

QUOTE(Dave312 @ Nov 24th 2009, 6:14 AM) *

Otherwise what is to stop people refusing to have one implanted?

Ummm, the thought that all Goa'uld are Gods? Pardon, the fear that all Goa'uld are Gods. The other Jaffa armed with staff weapons? The Goa'uld actually putting that red palm thingy on their forehead and torturing them? Any other reason? 1.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Nov 24th 2009, 2:55 AM
Post #74

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Nov 24th 2009, 2:19 AM) *

Ummm, the thought that all Goa'uld are Gods? Pardon, the fear that all Goa'uld are Gods. The other Jaffa armed with staff weapons? The Goa'uld actually putting that red palm thingy on their forehead and torturing them? Any other reason? 1.gif

Yes, fear and intimidation are a great motivator to give in. Plus the belief that the Goa'ulds have instilled, we are gods, so you must do what we say. They made that point by using all the techniques you pointed out. whistling.gif
+Quote Post
Dave312
post Nov 24th 2009, 2:56 AM
Post #75

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,343

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Nov 24th 2009, 6:10 PM) *

I would think that 7 years into the whole stargate thing, they would know if all Jaffa were built that way. I think Carter pointed it our specifically because it was different.

A fair interpretation but I still don't agree with you for reasons I've already mentioned.

It's not giving up your symbiote in favory of death. It's giving it up in favor of dritonon (sp?) This wasn't an option of the Sodan, so of course they still carried symbiotes. Choosing to take a symbiote in the first place and giving it up after you've already decided to do so are two different scenarios.

Sorry I wasn't clear. If children did not have to have a symbiote implanted, then why did the Sodan implant their children with symbiotes when they believed the Goa'uld were false gods?

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Nov 24th 2009, 6:19 PM) *

OK I might have left that open to be shot down, but my point was that eventually some Jaffa would see the Goa'uld to be who they really are. But being forced to have a symbiote implanted in their children would help keep them inline.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 26th 2014 - 3:28 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.