JTMAG1
post Jan 28th 2007, 11:54 AM
Post #49

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Jan 28th 2007, 4:42 AM) *

It still makes sense to me, not gonna change that... But what's with the sheild... You spelled it like that both in the quoted post and in this post, two times in this one. It's shield. 1.gif whistling.gif laugh.gif

Lol, that's what I was saying earlier about people correcting their own work. They sometimes don't see stuff like that, because their mind auto-corrects it... biggrin.gif

I have been wondering if the Platform was built before or after they sunk the city. If it was done before they sunk the city, why wasn't the city put closer to the platform.?

We know the technology worked, they used it on at least one other planet.

Even if it did work, I guess they couldn't have hooked the city up to it, because they would have known that it would cause and 'Inferno' situation.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Jan 28th 2007, 12:05 PM
Post #50

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Jan 28th 2007, 6:54 PM) *

Lol, that's what I was saying earlier about people correcting their own work. They sometimes don't see stuff like that, because their mind auto-corrects it... biggrin.gif
I have been wondering if the Platform was built before or after they sunk the city. If it was done before they sunk the city, why wasn't the city put closer to the platform.?

Even if it did work, I guess they couldn't have hooked the city up to it, because they would have known that it would cause and 'Inferno' situation.

The platform could have been built before sinking the city. As I remember in Before I Sleep, the city was already submerged for a while... I'm thinking that they've done that with not much time before Weir arrived, and only with the purpose of evacuating the city, but there is an empty timeline hole, that can be filled by the writers.

I'm also thinking that the platform may have been built much time before the war with the Wraith, and that in time, the city may have drifted away from the spot.
+Quote Post
Gotanks
post Jan 28th 2007, 12:45 PM
Post #51

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,704

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Jan 28th 2007, 6:05 PM) *

The platform could have been built before sinking the city. As I remember in Before I Sleep, the city was already submerged for a while... I'm thinking that they've done that with not much time before Weir arrived, and only with the purpose of evacuating the city, but there is an empty timeline hole, that can be filled by the writers.

I'm also thinking that the platform may have been built much time before the war with the Wraith, and that in time, the city may have drifted away from the spot.

I was thinking the same thing smile.gif
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Jan 28th 2007, 1:39 PM
Post #52

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Gotanks, is your name an intentional play off of Gotenks, or is that just a coincidence that is bugging me?
+Quote Post
Gotanks
post Jan 28th 2007, 3:05 PM
Post #53

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Jan 28th 2007, 7:39 PM) *

Gotanks, is your name an intentional play off of Gotenks, or is that just a coincidence that is bugging me?

The first xD I used to be a DBZ fan, always used this as a nickname ever since.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Jan 28th 2007, 3:26 PM
Post #54

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(Gotanks @ Jan 28th 2007, 3:05 PM) *

The first xD I used to be a DBZ fan, always used this as a nickname ever since.

USED TO BE??? There should be no used to be... you should be a fan for life smile.gif

Did I miss them explain how the energy was going to get from the platform to the city?

Also, does this prove how difficult it was to make ZPMs? If it were easy, why were the Ancients fiddling with an alternate powersource?

EDIT: Maybe the guy that makes ZPMs sided with the Ori, and the Ancients were just using ZPMs that they had in storage, but they started to run out?

This post has been edited by JTMAG1: Jan 28th 2007, 3:32 PM
+Quote Post
FreshPez
post Jan 28th 2007, 9:43 PM
Post #55

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,148

Y'all can dump on this episode all you want, but the banter in the puddle jumper in the opening sequence saved it.

"ya know, SHUT UP."
"YOU SHUT UP"

Epic.

As for comments about coming across technology, Atlantis has a full ZPM and a full complement of drones. I look forward to the day these get fired off.
+Quote Post
glom
post Jan 29th 2007, 5:57 PM
Post #56

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,673

QUOTE(Revan @ Jan 26th 2007, 7:06 PM) *

Glom, why do you make posts like that?

Why not?
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Jan 29th 2007, 8:17 PM
Post #57

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(glom @ Jan 29th 2007, 5:57 PM) *

Why not?

It wasn't a question like why do you use cold water to brush your teeth... You have a very different and distinct way of posting, it didn't happen accidentally, and we are curious why you take the time to do it. I personally am not entertained by it.
+Quote Post
minimax
post Jan 30th 2007, 4:28 AM
Post #58

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,110

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Jan 28th 2007, 6:54 PM) *

you p[eople do everything but makeing coments about the SG project.
ofcorse there will be some fans bornd out of england, and didnt have luck to learn english so good.

I am in need to tell my opinion about SG:
it is not a real proffesional pictures
same actors play difrent roles in diferent episodes

it is a try to wake the people, and wormhole X
was a cry because didnt succseeded.

is there somebody who thinks there are no alians
maybe not wrait but storye about ancients is posible
+Quote Post
Revan
post Jan 30th 2007, 1:48 PM
Post #59

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(minimax @ Jan 30th 2007, 4:28 AM) *

ofcorse there will be some fans bornd out of england, and didnt have luck to learn english so good.

Isn't England like.. the birthplace of the English language? I know a few people from there, and they speak superb english.

The spelling there is atrocious, and I would like to know what the point of your post was. Are you high on drugs or drunk or something? huh.gif

Was Dickinson killed, or what... he seemed to just disappear.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Jan 30th 2007, 1:57 PM
Post #60

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(minimax @ Jan 30th 2007, 4:28 AM) *

I am probably one of those people, but you may be the poster child.

I have no idea what you were trying to say in that post, beside complaining about us being off topic. I can tell from you extensive post history that you have a great idea of what is considered regular conversation here. You are in a perfect position to critique. dry.gif
+Quote Post
FL410
post Jan 30th 2007, 3:42 PM
Post #61

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,061

As to why the station wasn't near the city, I think they said it was mobile, which is why MacKay couldn't find it at the start of the ep. It looked like it might have legs from what I saw.

I think its good the writers are showing a little more ancient technology, and exploring the atlantian planet a bit more too. I think the show needs it for its longevity - otherwise it might fall into the mould of 'saving other people's asses we've only just met and don't really care about' every week.

Maybe if we could have a bit more fill to some of the other aspects and people of the 'expedition' (I say that in inverted commas because at the moment all it seems to be is 5 guys and a lot of red-shirts) - then it wouldn't be like Shepard's team are the ones finding everything and saving the day all the time, which seems a tad unrealistic (that they are on an alien world fighting aliens with alien technology accepted, of course tongue.gif)
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Jan 30th 2007, 5:08 PM
Post #62

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(FL410 @ Jan 30th 2007, 3:42 PM) *

As to why the station wasn't near the city, I think they said it was mobile, which is why MacKay couldn't find it at the start of the ep. It looked like it might have legs from what I saw.

I think its good the writers are showing a little more ancient technology, and exploring the atlantian planet a bit more too. I think the show needs it for its longevity - otherwise it might fall into the mould of 'saving other people's asses we've only just met and don't really care about' every week.

Maybe if we could have a bit more fill to some of the other aspects and people of the 'expedition' (I say that in inverted commas because at the moment all it seems to be is 5 guys and a lot of red-shirts) - then it wouldn't be like Shepard's team are the ones finding everything and saving the day all the time, which seems a tad unrealistic (that they are on an alien world fighting aliens with alien technology accepted, of course tongue.gif)

lol, inverted commas are called apostrohpies .

I think you make a good point about the dynamics of the show. Carter explains in an SG1 ep that the flagship teams is more likely to be on a dangerous mission. I think the audience would lose interest if different characters were getting into trouble each week. You wouldn't feel connected to the "other guys" (pun intended).

+Quote Post
glom
post Feb 1st 2007, 12:57 PM
Post #63

Airman First Class
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Jan 29th 2007, 8:17 PM) *

It wasn't a question like why do you use cold water to brush your teeth... You have a very different and distinct way of posting, it didn't happen accidentally, and we are curious why you take the time to do it. I personally am not entertained by it.

I had no idea conformity was a prerequisite for posting here. I'm copycatting the Cynic's Corner. It doesn't take any time at all. I come up with ideas while I watch the episode then click post when the episode ends.
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Feb 1st 2007, 1:07 PM
Post #64

Major General
Group Icon

I personally don't care how people post their opinion on an episode. From my point of view, as long as they are expressing their opinion, and not offend anyone while they do that, he can write whatever he likes. I am neutral about his way of posting. I guess I would ask too much out of people, if I would say stop posting everything with paragraphs having titles. wink.gif

Although I do have a problem with the way ALIEN_JL posts, pressing that damn Enter too soon, thus making the lines shorter than normal. whistling.gif
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Feb 1st 2007, 1:49 PM
Post #65

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(glom @ Feb 1st 2007, 12:57 PM) *

I had no idea conformity was a prerequisite for posting here. I'm copycatting the Cynic's Corner. It doesn't take any time at all. I come up with ideas while I watch the episode then click post when the episode ends.

Conformity is definitly not a prerequisite. My post was in response to the brevity in your response to Revan's question. If you are going to spam like that, you might as well just not post. You're free to use any format that you like, as long as it's not offensive.

When comment was just opinion...
+Quote Post
glom
post Feb 1st 2007, 3:44 PM
Post #66

Airman First Class
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Feb 1st 2007, 1:49 PM) *

You're free to use any format that you like, as long as it's not offensive.

The two of you sure weren't making it seem that way. After your two initial posts about my posts, you can imagine I would go into defensive mode and be slightly offended at being asked to justify what I thought were fairly innocent posts, that anyone could read or ignore as we all do with posts on any web board.

This post has been edited by glom: Feb 1st 2007, 3:47 PM
+Quote Post
Baggers.
post Feb 1st 2007, 9:23 PM
Post #67

Baggers.
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,573

How long was atlantis under siege for? could the ancients have developed the deep sea platform while they were under siege as a last ditch attempt to keep the shields powered, knowing that their access to the supplies needed to recreate zpm's was limited.
+Quote Post
flash3389
post Feb 1st 2007, 9:53 PM
Post #68

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,402

If Atlantis does retrieve the wrath ship i bet they lose it maybe in the next episode when those replicator guys attack. Humans seem to always sacrifice alien ships that they've commandeered.
+Quote Post
Gotanks
post Feb 3rd 2007, 10:09 AM
Post #69

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(flash3389 @ Feb 2nd 2007, 3:53 AM) *

If Atlantis does retrieve the wrath ship i bet they lose it maybe in the next episode when those replicator guys attack. Humans seem to always sacrifice alien ships that they've commandeered.

» Click to Show Spoiler «
+Quote Post
Revan
post Feb 3rd 2007, 9:34 PM
Post #70

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(glom @ Feb 1st 2007, 3:44 PM) *

The two of you sure weren't making it seem that way. After your two initial posts about my posts, you can imagine I would go into defensive mode and be slightly offended at being asked to justify what I thought were fairly innocent posts, that anyone could read or ignore as we all do with posts on any web board.

I distinctly remember sending you a PM about this sort of spam. I am sure I responded to your complaint, but now its just old. Stop spamming.

QUOTE(flash3389 @ Feb 1st 2007, 9:53 PM) *

Well, they will probably leave it on the sea floor for an undefined amount of time... eventually TPTB may have a use for it... probably getting it destroyed immediately.
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Feb 4th 2007, 4:53 AM
Post #71

Major General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Revan @ Feb 4th 2007, 4:34 AM) *

I distinctly remember sending you a PM about this sort of spam. I am sure I responded to your complaint, but now its just old. Stop spamming.

This is a matter of curiosity. No actual posting against any decision or so... but why actually is he spamming? His posts are still his own ideas about the show, even if they are kind of strange, and contain critics in them. I say that as long as he expresses his opinions, it surely can't be spam, only if he just copies those from somewhere else and posts them here. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Gotanks
post Feb 4th 2007, 8:06 AM
Post #72

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Revan @ Feb 4th 2007, 3:34 AM) *

Well, they will probably leave it on the sea floor for an undefined amount of time... eventually TPTB may have a use for it... probably getting it destroyed immediately.

Or they take it apart, study it and reverse engineer a ship with Wraith tech cool.gif
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 27th 2014 - 2:12 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.