post Jul 29th 2005, 11:43 PM
Post #1

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Season 2, Episode 4 - Duet
Air Dates - US: August 5 2005, Canada: August 8 2005

A run-in with Wraith technology leaves the consciousness of a precocious security officer in Dr. McKay's mind.

Episode Guide | Spoilers | Teaser | Screencaps

(This topic is for people who have seen the episode to discuss it. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't read this topic.)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
stargate_addict
post Aug 5th 2005, 10:44 PM
Post #2

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,195

This episode was halarius, i loved how makay played out the charicter. LOL on Makay kissing Carson, The begining was a little low budget though when the dart crashed but other then that i give this ep. a 9/10 rating.

This post has been edited by stargate_addict: Aug 5th 2005, 11:19 PM
+Quote Post
ha'tak
post Aug 5th 2005, 11:07 PM
Post #3

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,229

Good EP on my opinion. Hilarious to see Rodney being controled by a woman!

Did anyone else notice the SG1 thing like when Teal'c was stuck in the gate in 48 hours. Or the reference when Daniel had all the consisousness' in his mind in Lifeboat

What I liked
----Explination of Wraith Beam [Similar to the SG but no instantanious travel to another world]
----When Rodney falls Asleep laugh.gif
----Rodney up in Another bedroom Naked
----Ronin beating the Snot out of those marines
----Rodney's Attempts With women
----Weir Ronin Scene
----Bekett Rodney Kiss laugh.gif I laughed my a*s off

Didn't like
----What Stargate_addict said: Opening seemed cheaply made

Overall a 8.5
+Quote Post
linda_lol
post Aug 5th 2005, 11:32 PM
Post #4

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,933

Holy shiz! I give this ep. a 10/10! My favorite yet!

Man McKay is WAY funny in this episode! The kiss... finally revealed. I've never seen anything funnier. And when he SLEEPS! My gosh, there was drool on his face. He's such a funny weird guy! lol! Oh and the naked scene in his bed, well, the "don't look!" was kinda funny. Though, she has seen everything. *shivers*, lol!

Oh, and Ronan. Someone needs to teach him some manners with eating. It was funny though! He needs to eat though with his mouth closed. That drives me nuts when people don't do that.

And lastly, Beckett. Such a cool guy. It was really cool in the beginning when he ducks when the dart heads at em. Good timing! Beckett usually isn't into this sorta thing.
+Quote Post
Dr Vman
post Aug 5th 2005, 11:34 PM
Post #5

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,715

This episode was complete garbage. Any time someone plays dual personalities it sucks, especially if they play the opposite sex and go overboard with that genders characteristics/movements. It wasn't funny at all and shouldn't be. Anyone that is a fan of this show should know that comedy doesn't fit in this style of writting. Action Adventure shows always bomb when they try to go funny. It sucked. Oh and the new character sucks too. He is your typical "bad ass". Very lame acting.
+Quote Post
usmctech99
post Aug 5th 2005, 11:47 PM
Post #6

SILENCE!!!! I Kill you!
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 9,693

QUOTE(stargate_addict @ Aug 5th 2005, 9:44 PM)
This episode was halarius, i loved how makay played out the charicter.? LOL on Makay kissing Carson, The begining was a little low budget though when the dart crashed but other then that i give this ep. a 9/10 rating.

Yeah, Hewlitt is awesome in this episode. I hope they bring Jaime Newman (Lt. Cadman) back for another few episodes, and make her a recurring character... seeing as how she's now Beckett's love interest, I think this is likely. And I especially liked the interaction between Ronan and Teyla... the shippers are going to go crazy with them.

QUOTE(Dr Vman @ Aug 5th 2005, 10:34 PM)
This episode was complete garbage.    Any time someone plays dual personalities it sucks, especially if they play the opposite sex and go overboard with that genders characteristics/movements.  It wasn't funny at all and shouldn't be.  Anyone that is a fan of this show should know that comedy doesn't fit in this style of writting.  Action Adventure shows always bomb when they try to go funny.  It sucked.  Oh and the new character sucks too.  He is your typical "bad ass".  Very lame acting.

Ok, why don't you just keep your T.V. off until BSG comes on?

This post has been edited by usmctech99: Aug 5th 2005, 11:50 PM
+Quote Post
ha'tak
post Aug 5th 2005, 11:54 PM
Post #7

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

QUOTE(usmctech99 @ Aug 5th 2005, 11:47 PM)
Yeah, Hewlitt is awesome in this episode.  I hope they bring Jaime Newman (Lt. Cadman) back for another few episodes, and make her a recurring character... seeing as how she's now Beckett's love interest, I think this is likely.  And I especially liked the interaction between Ronan and Teyla... the shippers are going to go crazy with them.
Ok, why don't you just keep your T.V. off until BSG comes on?

Yes I agree with you completely Usmctech99. She could be like Col. Makepeace [Leader of SG3] a member of another SG team who we see alot.

And you bet the Shippers are going to crazy I give it 2 days before the thread starts
+Quote Post
Erised
post Aug 6th 2005, 12:21 AM
Post #8

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,232

OMG it was so funny!
You know, I would never kiss someone of my own gender even if it was just for acting. Poor Rodney o.O She made him do it
Well you know what I mean.
The conversations were so funny! haha

OMG.. Ronan and Teyla o.O
I am actually not shipper of Atlantis .. yet
But it was a bit obvious..
and Ronan is sexy! 1.gif
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Aug 6th 2005, 12:34 AM
Post #9

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,622

Okay, loved this episode! I have been saying that I was getting tired of McKay's woe is me, me, me, me all the time. He has been way over the top in his attitude. But this episode was great. I loved having McKay playing a woman, and that scene with Cadman in McKay's body and visiting Beckett in the infirmary was classic. McKay definitely reminded me of Jack Lemmon in "Some Like It Hot." JL was very good at being a woman, LOL!

I would also love to see Cadman be a more permanent member of Atlantis. I'd like to see what Beckett will do with her.

I can't wait for Ronon to become part of Sheppard's team. Man does he know how to fight. bow.gif
+Quote Post
ha'tak
post Aug 6th 2005, 12:47 AM
Post #10

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Aug 6th 2005, 12:34 AM)
I would also love to see Cadman be a more permanent member of Atlantis.  I'd like to see what Beckett will do with her.

I can't wait for Ronon to become part of Sheppard's team.  Man does he know how to fight. bow.gif

Theres another Shipper topic Beckett/ Cadman

Yes I want to see him litterly kick major Wraith a*s
+Quote Post
youngjediboy
post Aug 6th 2005, 2:17 AM
Post #11

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,547

I agree that Hewlett went overboard with the "feminine" acting...
Cadman's military and didn't act anywhere near that "girly."
Anyway, she's a hotty though. Go Carson!

Anyone feel that Wier really doesn't seem to have any power? John basically recruited Ronan by himself and THEN got a soft "OK" from Wier afterwards.
+Quote Post
usmctech99
post Aug 6th 2005, 2:32 AM
Post #12

SILENCE!!!! I Kill you!
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,693

QUOTE(youngjediboy @ Aug 6th 2005, 1:17 AM)
Anyone feel that Wier really doesn't seem to have any power? John basically recruited Ronan by himself and THEN got a soft "OK" from Wier afterwards.

Don't forget, he's the military commander and he would be in charge of that stuff. And especially don't forget "the hug" from The Seige Part 3, she obviously has feelings for the guy and trusts his judgement... and she practicaly forced the Air Force to promote him.
+Quote Post
UltimateW
post Aug 6th 2005, 3:50 AM
Post #13

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,900

this has to be the funnieste episode yet of atlantis biggrin.gif The FunFactor in this eps is 10/10, also where Ronan fires his own gun wink.gif

Gotta agree Wier seemed a bit weak, I would have thought her to be a little more aggresive..
+Quote Post
RJLCyberPunk
post Aug 6th 2005, 10:36 AM
Post #14

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,415

QUOTE(ha'tak @ Aug 5th 2005, 11:07 PM)
Good EP on my opinion. Hilarious to see Rodney being controled by a woman!

Did anyone else notice the SG1 thing like when Teal'c was stuck in the gate in 48 hours. Or the reference when Daniel had all the consisousness' in his mind in Lifeboat

What I liked
----Explination of Wraith Beam [Similar to the SG but no instantanious travel to another world]
----When Rodney falls Asleep laugh.gif
----Rodney up in Another bedroom Naked
----Ronin beating the Snot out of those marines
----Rodney's Attempts With women
----Weir Ronin Scene
----Bekett Rodney Kiss  laugh.gif  I laughed my a*s off

Didn't like
----What Stargate_addict said: Opening seemed cheaply made

Overall a 8.5

I wholeheartedly agree! biggrin.gif

An 8/10!

+Quote Post
Doomgoggles
post Aug 6th 2005, 12:34 PM
Post #15

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,132

Where teh heck was Colonel Caldwell and his opinions regarding Ronan Dex? You'd think he'd be in the loop. In fact, they made no mention of where the Daedalus was at all.
+Quote Post
Cha'Lok
post Aug 6th 2005, 12:43 PM
Post #16

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,678

Funny ep smile.gif 8.5/10

Nice girls (the botanist and the female soldier who got in mckays head) btw cloud9.gif

If you look at the episode descriptions, there is a picture that I think wasn't in the episode? McKay kissing that female soldier I believe.. or actually it looks like the other way around.
+Quote Post
raptor125
post Aug 6th 2005, 1:43 PM
Post #17

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,590

QUOTE(Cha'Lok @ Aug 6th 2005, 11:43 AM)
Funny ep smile.gif 8.5/10

Nice girls (the botanist and the female soldier who got in mckays head) btw  cloud9.gif

If you look at the episode descriptions, there is a picture that I think wasn't in the episode? McKay kissing that female soldier I believe.. or actually it looks like the other way around.

I totally agree with you on this. WTF. I mean the only woman he kissed was that one he was on a date with. So where did this come into play?
+Quote Post
gooby
post Aug 6th 2005, 1:46 PM
Post #18

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,495

First, a HUGE yay for bringing back my favorite Kate Heightmeyer!

Secondly, I for one LOVE it when they do comedy on sci-fi/action shows. I'm one of the few who actually liked the X-Files when they started doing more comical/satirical episodes. Especially on a show like Atlantis, they're always a nice balance for episodes like The Storm and Siege, plus Atlantis has a great cast for comic storylines. Paul McGillion, David Hewlett and David Nyki who plays Dr. Zelenka, all do a great job with the comic lines.

As for the new guy, meeeeh. Ronan Dex seems like a wooden character as does Teyla. Ford was a lame character and he had to become like half Wraith to catch my interest wink.gif So far, everyone just seems to be gawking at Dex's physical superiority but that's going to get old soon. Can Jason Momoa act, he was after all on Baywatch? Let's hope his acting abilities have gotten better or it's going to be a very, very downward spiral for Atlantis.

Overall, I liked the episode, but god was that dinner scene awkward to watch, but I suppose that was the point. I must also agree that they seem to always go overboard with the female mannerisms. Oh well, can't have it all I guess. Still, good entertainment for the night. And for props for bringing back Heightmeyer back!
+Quote Post
ha'tak
post Aug 6th 2005, 1:46 PM
Post #19

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

You mean this one that Arcady had by the Season 2 Guide for Duet
user posted image
+Quote Post
mithwriter
post Aug 6th 2005, 3:06 PM
Post #20

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 885

This was another solid story effort for the show. The characters continue to play off each other nicely, and there a couple of things that really got my attention.

he Ronan/Teyla scenes. Definitely some potential there for some great stuff. Good actors, good characters. I'll be interested to see how that develops, if she's going to be the person who 'civilizes" him, if you know what I mean. In turn, I could see him bringing out other apsects of her personality that she either didn't know she had or simply keeps in check.

I also love all the stuff between Zalenka and McKay. I like how the only way Zalenka could get Rodney off the project was pointing out Rodney's incorrect calculations to him. It seems the only way to connect to this guy is through his ego. Again, the scenes between them are really well done.

Have I not been paying attention, or is this the first time we've learned how the Wraith "transport" the people they beam up to their ships? Kinda explains a few things....it also made me wonder what happened to Lt. Ford after he got beamed onto a dart ship in the previous ep. Something to consider for later...

Also..yes, this ep had a variation on two previous Stargate eps, 48 Hours and Lifeboat, but again, the way the theme is handled and expanded on makes the difference, so I didn't mind that they were reusing concepts we've already seen explored in the original show becuase it was done in an interesting and involving way.

My only complaint was the way they handled the woman in Rodney's brain. I just would've had a personal preference to actually see her walking next to him as someone no one can see or hear instead of simply being a voice that takes him over when he lets his guard down.

Also liked the fourth act twist when it became apparent that the two of them couldn't stay in the same body anymore. They never brought it up before becuase they were so caught up in exploring the whole Rodney v. what's her name thing, so it kinda came out of nowhere, but I thought it was really well done, especially the last scene in the therapist's office. That was really good.
+Quote Post
Aquila
post Aug 6th 2005, 4:22 PM
Post #21

First Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,810

QUOTE(Cha'Lok @ Aug 6th 2005, 10:43 AM)

Good question...I don't remember seeing that pictured anywhere during the show...by the looks of it, it seems the shot was taken while they were in the infirmiry. blink.gif Perhaps it will be in the Season box set version?

I have to rate this one a 9/10 at least! Has got to be one of the funniest and not to mention, interesting viewpoints out of the Stargate series! The acting was very well done by David Hewlett. It would be nice to see a little more of Ronon Dex next time though...he really needs some character development!

Aquila the Ancient
+Quote Post
JamesyBHOY
post Aug 6th 2005, 4:51 PM
Post #22

First Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,385

The kiss between Cadman & McKay was the same story as the one between Sumner & Weir in 'Rising.' Most likely it'll be in as a blooper when the DVD's are released next year.
+Quote Post
gatenut
post Aug 6th 2005, 5:01 PM
Post #23

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,513

This ep was great the way McKay played the female character was vary well done
I loved when McKay went to bed and Cadman's took over the unziping the shirt thing
before talking to Bekett was halarius, and lets not forget the kiss between McKay and
Bekett, my sister started singing IF LOVING YOU IS WRONG I DONT WANNA BE RIGHT during the kiss. smile.gif
I dont even want to go there blink.gif IMO a Bekett / Cadman thing could work.
The only thing that felt out of place was the scenes with Dex I meen who fights with there head down and hair in there face and then he does the Charlie's Angels hair thing if they had kept the story on McKay and Cadman it would have been a whole lot better
the other stuff slowed the story down IMO.

But over all vary good ep 9/10.
+Quote Post
Mental Case
post Aug 6th 2005, 5:55 PM
Post #24

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 751

Funny episode. Although akward at times. One of the akward things seemed ronan's just general dullness in his responses.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 23rd 2014 - 9:26 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.