Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> About this area

The loitering zone is for discussions about things other than Stargate. Please use the appropriate section when posting, and be sure to read the forum rules.

Loitering Zone Index: Off Topic Chatter | TV, Movies & Music | Computer Talk | Sports Talk | Forum Games

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 24 Season 7/TV Movie, Coming in November and January
IndyJan
post Feb 12th 2009, 3:11 AM
Post #25

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Feb 11th 2009, 5:51 PM) *

They do a good job of transitioning characters in and out, and I thought that was going to be Renee's exit... then her "maybe tomorrow" line was great.

I saw abotu 2 seconds from the preview for next week's episode.
» Click to Show Spoiler «

I don't know if that was part of the preview or not, but if so, then yes, she can and she should. It might be interesting to have scenes between
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Feb 12th 2009, 12:57 PM
Post #26

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Feb 12th 2009, 12:11 AM) *

I don't know if that was part of the preview or not, but if so, then yes, she can and she should. It might be interesting to have scenes between

That would so make my day. I was say, "In Yo Face Janis!", then I would giggle like a school girl.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Feb 17th 2009, 1:17 AM
Post #27

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Just watched tonight's episode.

The president,

The mole,

Dubaku, oh man,
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Feb 17th 2009, 1:13 PM
Post #28

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Feb 16th 2009, 10:17 PM) *

Just watched tonight's episode.

The president,

Having the daughter seemed kinda random. I'm not sure if they play to involve her, or are just using that as a way to get Aaron into the story. I've been wondering if Aaron was going to be involved.

The mole,
I totally expected him to be the mole from the begining, but I thought Janis was the one that put out the warrent. Chloe just needs to kill her. She didn't seem that suprised that Renee was alive, did Larry ever tell anyone else that she was alive?

Dubaku, oh man,

I just hope that she doesn't do either of two stupid things. I hope that she doesn't try to confront him herself. I also don't want her to say, "I don't care what they say, I love you anyway...". TPTB seemd to always have a woman as the cause of from tragedy.

I really noticed the cinematography in this episode. They did the splitscreen, but both shots showed the same seen. For example, Jack with the first gentleman. One shot of him, and the other of Jack. I thought it was pretty interesting.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Feb 17th 2009, 1:50 PM
Post #29

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Feb 17th 2009, 1:13 PM) *

Having the daughter seemed kinda random. I'm not sure if they play to involve her, or are just using that as a way to get Aaron into the story. I've been wondering if Aaron was going to be involved.

I totally expected him to be the mole from the begining, but I thought Janis was the one that put out the warrent. Chloe just needs to kill her. She didn't seem that suprised that Renee was alive, did Larry ever tell anyone else that she was alive?

I just hope that she doesn't do either of two stupid things. I hope that she doesn't try to confront him herself. I also don't want her to say, "I don't care what they say, I love you anyway...". TPTB seemd to always have a woman as the cause of from tragedy.
I really noticed the cinematography in this episode. They did the splitscreen, but both shots showed the same seen. For example, Jack with the first gentleman. One shot of him, and the other of Jack. I thought it was pretty interesting.

I just hope that we see Aaron more than just a couple of episodes. I really liked that guy. wink.gif

No Janis didn't do the warrant. Remember, the guy, who I can't remember his name, called the one in charge of Dubaku and warned him about Jack and Renee. He also told him that he took care of them, for a short time. It just took him awhile to get into Larry's network to do it.

Oh man, I hope she doesn't do either of the two things you are suggesting. Although I can see her saying I love you. I only let them do it because it was the only way for me to get to you. They were not going to let me go otherwise. That might just keep her alive for a little bit longer.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Feb 24th 2009, 3:31 AM
Post #30

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

That episode was FANTASTIC. These were the emotions that I used to feel about 24, and had been missing to some extent last season. The characters interactions were great, and again I have to point out the cinematography, it has been great this entire season.

I'm not sure how the daugher comes into play. The president already has enough on her play with the attacks, the takeover, the consipracy and her husband... the daughter has to bring more than just another stressful situation.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Feb 24th 2009, 4:10 PM
Post #31

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

It was a good episode. Marika didn't do anything that we had thought she might. She knew Jack and Renee were following her and tried to stop the car. Unfortunately, she died for her efforts. Dubako survived and Jack got the chip.

Well now that we know Erika was also a spy, along with Sean, that explains why he got involved with her. He needed her expertise to help inside the bureau. So he gets intimate and promises to leave his wife and Erika does whatever. Now that we know that he wasn't really into Erika, that explains why he used his knowledge to get his wife's plane down early. I knew that as soon as Erika helped Sean with this last bit, she was a goner, and she was.

Go Chloe, she saved the information with a back-up. Man they got the names right away. As soon as Tony showed up and said that the senator's chief of staff was involved, I knew it was the guy that had been speaking to Dubako.

So nothing has been divulged yet about the president's staff. Have to wonder who is a spy. They said that there were over 100 people named.

I also think that the daughter has to play in somehow other than just a daughter that has not spoken to her mother for a long time.

Anyway, good show. This season is moving along rapidly. They are showing things, ending things and giving us more to think and worry about.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Feb 25th 2009, 1:06 PM
Post #32

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

I know we've talked about this throughout each Season, but it's a constant theme in the show. Dubako would have escaped if not for his love of Marika. At least in thsi ep, there wasn't a woman stabbing him in the back per se, although he felt betrayed.

+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Feb 25th 2009, 5:58 PM
Post #33

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Feb 25th 2009, 1:06 PM) *

I know we've talked about this throughout each Season, but it's a constant theme in the show. Dubako would have escaped if not for his love of Marika. At least in thsi ep, there wasn't a woman stabbing him in the back per se, although he felt betrayed.

He felt betrayed because as far as he is concerned, he has done nothing wrong. Oh and what part would Marika have played in his life? We found out that he has a son. Does he have a wife? If not, would his son have accepted Marika?
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Feb 25th 2009, 7:40 PM
Post #34

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Feb 25th 2009, 2:58 PM) *

He felt betrayed because as far as he is concerned, he has done nothing wrong. Oh and what part would Marika have played in his life? We found out that he has a son. Does he have a wife? If not, would his son have accepted Marika?

That's an interesting point. I don't think they were going back to his home country. Didn't he ask her to go to Belize?
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Feb 25th 2009, 10:41 PM
Post #35

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Feb 25th 2009, 7:40 PM) *

That's an interesting point. I don't think they were going back to his home country. Didn't he ask her to go to Belize?

Yes he did, but that was just to get her out of the country. Remember he just met her at the restaurant so she knew his cover story, not the truth. Once she showed up, he told her that he had saved his country and wanted her to go back with him.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Mar 3rd 2009, 1:32 AM
Post #36

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

I watched the two hour show tonight. I must admit that they are moving things along very rapidly. They are not holding back at all.

There were a couple of things though. When Renee got on that boat, you knew she would lose her gun and that the cell phone would be useless. But when she opened up the plans for what was to happen, I was cracking up. They showed maps, blueprints, rooms, etc., but ended with a full blown picture of the White House. Come on, it was saying, "Okay viewers you aren't really that smart so here is an actual drawing of the White House, where we will go in." Literally my husband and I LOL at that one.

Second, come on, there was no way in the world that I bought that the secret service couldn't have taken out more of Juma's men. He only had 12, and they were taking out SS men like crazy. I think when I counted, the secret service took out 2 of Juma's men. It was not believeable at all.

You knew that the president's daughter was going to play into what was happening and she did. I'm just glad, that at least for now, they didn't kill Aaron, who I adore. I would have been extremely upset if they had brought him back, just to kill him off. At the same time, I'm glad that, so far, they haven't killed Buchanan as well.

So how will Tony play into this? You know that he has to. I'm thinking that he will be very instrumental in saving the day, but at the cost of his life.

Oh and I still do not trust Janis Gold. They have made her such a terrible character, you just don't care.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Mar 4th 2009, 8:52 AM
Post #37

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Mar 2nd 2009, 10:32 PM) *

I watched the two hour show tonight. I must admit that they are moving things along very rapidly. They are not holding back at all.

I agree, they really picked up the pace. I was suprised at how fast president came face to face w/ Juma. I was also delighted that they put these two eps back to back. This would have been a horribly suspenseful week otherwise.

There were a couple of things though. When Renee got on that boat, you knew she would lose her gun and that the cell phone would be useless. But when she opened up the plans for what was to happen, I was cracking up. They showed maps, blueprints, rooms, etc., but ended with a full blown picture of the White House. Come on, it was saying, "Okay viewers you aren't really that smart so here is an actual drawing of the White House, where we will go in." Literally my husband and I LOL at that one.

Yeah, just in case we couldn't put it together. I suspected it to be the whitehouse because of Bryant's reaction when the secretary told him that he wanted him to come along to the white house. It seemed to me like he didn't want to be anywhere near there.

Second, come on, there was no way in the world that I bought that the secret service couldn't have taken out more of Juma's men. He only had 12, and they were taking out SS men like crazy. I think when I counted, the secret service took out 2 of Juma's men. It was not believeable at all
I too found myself saying the same thing. They took out a huge number of SS agents. I was also annoyed that once the SS agents regrouped and figure out that something was wrong, they didn't have any sort of weapon upgrade.

You knew that the president's daughter was going to play into what was happening and she did. I'm just glad, that at least for now, they didn't kill Aaron, who I adore. I would have been extremely upset if they had brought him back, just to kill him off. At the same time, I'm glad that, so far, they haven't killed Buchanan as well.
I think they have done a good job over the previous 6 seasons letting us know that no one is off limits. Going back to season 1 when they killed Jack's wife, you never know when they are going to kill off an important character. Like say..... Tony Almeda who I will discuss below.

So how will Tony play into this? You know that he has to. I'm thinking that he will be very instrumental in saving the day, but at the cost of his life.

Oh and I still do not trust Janis Gold. They have made her such a terrible character, you just don't care.

I still don't fully trust Tony. His body language seems too out of place. He seems uncomfortable almost to the point where I felt that he was his contact that had direct interaction with Juma.

I really hate Janis, I hope she gets hers, for trying to be a smart ass. If she would have minded her own business, Jack would have gotten the information and they would have been in a better position.

Then, the president. You can't put your family in front of the entire nation. I'm sure it's easy for me to say that, and it was wasy for Jack to say, "I'm not the president". Now on that same note, if they threatened other people, I couldn't see he standing by to let them die so she could live anyway.

I think before things are over that secretatry (whose name I don't know) is going to realise how important Jack Bauer really is to his own safety.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Mar 4th 2009, 1:33 PM
Post #38

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Mar 4th 2009, 8:52 AM) *

I think they have done a good job over the previous 6 seasons letting us know that no one is off limits. Going back to season 1 when they killed Jack's wife, you never know when they are going to kill off an important character. Like say..... Tony Almeda who I will discuss below.
I still don't fully trust Tony. His body language seems too out of place. He seems uncomfortable almost to the point where I felt that he was his contact that had direct interaction with Juma.

I think before things are over that secretatry (whose name I don't know) is going to realise how important Jack Bauer really is to his own safety.

You know I was kind of wondering about Tony as well. Even with Jack, he seems to be uncomfortable, and I don't know why.

I think you are talking about the senator that wants jack's ass. I so wanted to slap him silly during this episode. He even had the gall to be smug when speaking to Bill, "you think I was out of line about this, don't you?"

Oh and when Jack asked Bill to help him, I really wanted Bill to say that he can't, truly can't because he has not way to get him out. He just said that he couldn't.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Mar 4th 2009, 4:12 PM
Post #39

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Mar 4th 2009, 10:33 AM) *

You know I was kind of wondering about Tony as well. Even with Jack, he seems to be uncomfortable, and I don't know why.

I think you are talking about the senator that wants jack's ass. I so wanted to slap him silly during this episode. He even had the gall to be smug when speaking to Bill, "you think I was out of line about this, don't you?"

Oh and when Jack asked Bill to help him, I really wanted Bill to say that he can't, truly can't because he has not way to get him out. He just said that he couldn't.

Yeah, and my buddy talked about that seen too. Bill looked at him with so much disgust. Then he had the nerve to ask Jack why he opened the door instead of letting the president's daught be tortured right in front of them.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Mar 4th 2009, 9:33 PM
Post #40

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Mar 4th 2009, 4:12 PM) *

Yeah, and my buddy talked about that seen too. Bill looked at him with so much disgust. Then he had the nerve to ask Jack why he opened the door instead of letting the president's daught be tortured right in front of them.

Yep, he asked Jack, "what are you doing?" Yes, Jack knew she was the president, but there was no way he could let her watch her daughter be tortured and killed. Now it might have been interesting if when the president asked Jack to open the door, he actually said, "Madame president I can't. I shorted it out when I stopped them from opening it. I truly cannot open it." That would have been interesting to see what then happened.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Mar 5th 2009, 11:55 AM
Post #41

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Mar 4th 2009, 6:33 PM) *

Yep, he asked Jack, "what are you doing?" Yes, Jack knew she was the president, but there was no way he could let her watch her daughter be tortured and killed. Now it might have been interesting if when the president asked Jack to open the door, he actually said, "Madame president I can't. I shorted it out when I stopped them from opening it. I truly cannot open it." That would have been interesting to see what then happened.

At first I actually thought that that was the reason he couldn't open it. It would have been pretty dramatic if she was pounding on the door trying to come out while they tortured her daughter.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Mar 6th 2009, 1:28 AM
Post #42

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Mar 5th 2009, 11:55 AM) *

At first I actually thought that that was the reason he couldn't open it. It would have been pretty dramatic if she was pounding on the door trying to come out while they tortured her daughter.

My husband and I were expecting that scene to play out that way and were surprised when they didn't have Jack say that.

Juma knows that he will not get out. He wants to be a martyr. His men though do not. When they thought they wouldn't get the vault opened, they looked to him like, "now what do we do?" Juma just told them what they wanted to hear. Even Jack told the president. Juma knows he won't get out, but doesn't care.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Mar 10th 2009, 5:09 PM
Post #43

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

OMG, the first 12 minutes, so much happened,

Larry Moss is an ass, excuse me, but he is. He will not move from his belief, no matter what is happening or what he knows, jerk. mad.gif

Once again they had something that I know was only plot driven, but still unbelievable. Ryan was in the hospital. They knew he was involved in what went down today,
I know it was only so they could do what they did, but still not believable.

Regarding the president's daughter,
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Mar 11th 2009, 5:42 PM
Post #44

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Yeah. I was sad to see Bill do that, but he gave his life in a heroic manner. Jack was truely hurt, he's been through a lot and lost a LOT of people. Bill ,Tony and Chloe are all that he had left, and so losing Bill really had to sting. I'm glad that Renee saw that.

Yes Indy, Larry Moss is an idiot. How many times must Jack prove him wrong. Then he goes and fires Renee whom, if not for her they would not even have come close to saving the president, or recovery the device.

Yeah, I cna't beleive how far away from the hospital room they were, and they Larry wouldn't be in the room with Jack. And that they weren't alarmed when the microphone cut off. That could have been done much better IMO.

I started to like the daughter a little bit when she apologized to her mom, and she thanked Aaron. Then all of the sudden she became a total bitch. That annoys me.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Mar 11th 2009, 6:54 PM
Post #45

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Mar 11th 2009, 5:42 PM) *

I started to like the daughter a little bit when she apologized to her mom, and she thanked Aaron. Then all of the sudden she became a total bitch. That annoys me.

I know I was getting into her, but after the way she spoke to Ethan, I thought, nope, she has something up her sleeve. I mean, obviously she has no scruples because of what she did during the election. Both her mom and Ethan fired her for that. Then she comes across as all sorry and repentatent, and then makes another 180 degree turn. I think she bears watching.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Mar 17th 2009, 3:07 AM
Post #46

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Saw tonight's episode.

Morris you are an idiot. You would have thought that he would have learned his lesson from the last time that he gave up information and helped, but no, he just had to do it once again. rolleyes.gif

I'm still going with Larry Moss is an idiot as well. Renee is his best agent, including being better than he is and he locks her up.

Man oh man, I didn't and don't trust the president's daughter. She is somehow involved with what is happening. I'm sure of it. You know she was the one to release the information to the press, no matter what she told her mother. Man, I can see that her mom will probably be resigning as president after all is revealed.

The senator ended up not being a jerk after all. He did believe Jack and was just trying to do the correct thing, and now he is dead. He actually wanted to help Jack.

I had a thought tonight about Tony. He has not been totally comfortable around Jack this season. I have gotten the impression that he has been holding something back. What if he was involved with Starkwood/JonVoight, somehow? Maybe in the beginning, but not anymore. It would go a long way towards explaining why he had the information that he did.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Mar 17th 2009, 9:42 AM
Post #47

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Mar 17th 2009, 1:07 AM) *

Saw tonight's episode.

Morris you are an idiot. You would have thought that he would have learned his lesson from the last time that he gave up information and helped, but no, he just had to do it once again. rolleyes.gif

Yeah, Morris you're better than that. You know how these things work out, but at least he did it to save his son and wife, instead of himself.

I'm still going with Larry Moss is an idiot as well. Renee is his best agent, including being better than he is and he locks her up.

He is a idiot. He's been wrong about Jack all day, and 6 different people that all know Jack way better than him tell him that he is wrong, but he still knows better.

Man oh man, I didn't and don't trust the president's daughter. She is somehow involved with what is happening. I'm sure of it. You know she was the one to release the information to the press, no matter what she told her mother. Man, I can see that her mom will probably be resigning as president after all is revealed.

Yeah, the daughter is clearly a bad guy. There is no mistake about it. I will say that she favor's her mother pretty well. The pair of actresses work well as mother and daughter. I think something will happen that she can't weasel her way out of.

The senator ended up not being a jerk after all. He did believe Jack and was just trying to do the correct thing, and now he is dead. He actually wanted to help Jack.
I though he was just setting Jack up to get his guard down. I didn't think that the way he was killed was believable. Jack was looking out of the window, and there's not peephole or way to check who is actually at the door? Especially on a day like today?

I didn't want Jack to kill Quinn, I wanted more information. Hopefully someone will check the senator's computer and find the Quinn's dead body to put 1 and 1 together.

I had a thought tonight about Tony. He has not been totally comfortable around Jack this season. I have gotten the impression that he has been holding something back. What if he was involved with Starkwood/JonVoight, somehow? Maybe in the beginning, but not anymore. It would go a long way towards explaining why he had the information that he did.

Yeah, I'm thinking that maybe Tony worked for Starkwood.

Will someone please just slap Janis 1 good time, and tell her to shut the hell up?
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Mar 17th 2009, 3:15 PM
Post #48

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Mar 17th 2009, 9:42 AM) *

Will someone please just slap Janis 1 good time, and tell her to shut the hell up?

I'm so with you on this one. spam_laser.gif How about this instead? whistling.gif
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 25th 2014 - 5:05 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.