Magnavox
post Oct 5th 2004, 9:14 PM
Post #49

Posts with an accent...
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 3,724

QUOTE (Bowley @ Aug 6th 2004, 10:42 AM)
I forget...what did the Humans lose on this bargain? Was it that they can't advance technologically anymore? I don't remember that one being enforced at all...

The humans didn't really lose anything. I think Thor said the asgard allowed safe passage for the goauld to some part of space. I can't remember the exact wording but thats all I can remember them negotiating for. They were gonna take both stargates untill O'Neill made the deal with Cronos that they could get his vote and keep both gates if they proved to him who attacked him.
I wonder why in Singularity Teal'c refered to Nirti as 'he' when here she is clearly female?
Any scene with O'Neill and Thor is great! It makes me wonder if Thor understands O'Neill's sarcasim and simply chooses to ignore it.
Carter gets promoted Yay! What did she get the promotion for? Was it simply time or when I think it was Hammond that said she had preformed duties up to and beyond the call of Captain, was he refering to her going back by herself in Into the Fire to disable the power sorce for the force field and also save her commanding officer?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
wonderland
post Oct 6th 2004, 7:55 PM
Post #50

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,411

QUOTE (Albion @ Jan 2nd 2004, 8:30 AM)

Also liked the way Jack came into the briefing room muttering under his breath as he unhooked his jacket and loosened his tie. God, that man is adorable. <G> And I find his "That boy can really grovel when he has to" hilarious. I can just imagine the scene where that letter was typed up. w00t.gif

That was one of the best lines in this one. Here's another:

Daniel, kinda muttering: Cronus killed Teal'c's father?
Jack: For cryin' out loud! Why doesn't he tell us these things? (then turns on Daniel) Why didn't you tell us?
Daniel: He confided in me.
Jack gives him a WTF? look.

Poor Daniel, he kissed enough Goa'uld a** in this one. I would have washed my mouth out after every encounter. sick.gif
+Quote Post
BrandonTheGreat
post Jan 13th 2005, 5:41 PM
Post #51

Unregistered

The beginning of the peace treaty, I like the idea of how O'Neill represented the whole planet. Other than that, a great emotional episode involving Teal'c.
+Quote Post
stargate_addict
post Jan 18th 2005, 12:28 AM
Post #52

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,195

QUOTE(ussshorty @ Feb 11th 2003, 1:00 PM)
hey thats tru
i wonder what george bush will say about that cause he is president now so he makes the sgc 's decisions. <!#emo&:lol:#>user posted image<!#endemo#>

George Bush wouldnt know what to say, he is an idiot! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Kaileron
post Jan 18th 2005, 2:26 PM
Post #53

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,284

Awesome! An episode wich mucho Thor in it. It was a most interesting episode to find a bit more out about the political structure of the Goa'uld. What would make Yu, Nirrty and Cronus be representatives of the entire Goa'uld Lords System? Is it power/size of the regions they rule or simply the forces or number of Goa'uld themselves?
The fact they used books was kinda lame. I expected to have something more advanced like holographs and so.
They were also kree'ing a bit to much for my taste, half of the time they spoke in Goa'uld it was kree this and kree that.
It get's a 7. An eight were it not for those lil pieces like the books and the vague ending... kinda lame.
Still, it was most entertaining to see Thor again and also his explenations of ''a far more powerfull'' enemy then the Goa'uld was most interesting.
+Quote Post
frostychocolatemilkshakes
post Jan 26th 2005, 12:59 AM
Post #54

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,390

The Goa'uld coming to Earth. That's not good!
+Quote Post
KoKi
post Feb 1st 2005, 9:54 AM
Post #55

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,564

o`neils negotiating skills is always good whistling.gif
+Quote Post
cvvrede
post Feb 10th 2005, 1:16 PM
Post #56

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,767

QUOTE(KoKi @ Feb 1st 2005, 3:54 PM)
o`neils negotiating skills is always good whistling.gif

That they are, they're just not too diplomatic. Which was kinda the problem in this episode. I though it was very funny the way he was beamed up. His luck that it's just before his big speech.

Also liked the way Jack came into the briefing room muttering under his breath as he unhooked his jacket and loosened his tie

I agree, that was so hot.

And at last on Carter making Major: You go girl!
+Quote Post
ClampenShaften
post Mar 2nd 2005, 7:51 AM
Post #57

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,227

was a good episode, showed great political value and also some great comment from RDA.

It showed us how to great lengths a goa'uld will go just to stop a planet becoming protected.

Neerti, practically annihilated Kronos, its lucky he made it.

I thought it was good how they started accusing her at the end. BRILLIANT
+Quote Post
Janos
post Apr 9th 2005, 2:52 AM
Post #58

Posts in his underwear
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,403

I loved Jack's speech:

"I'm not one for speeches, <Asgard intervention> so in conclusion....."

That was great.

I like the interplay between the system lords, I also like the way they brought up the tension. I knew what was going to happen because I've seen it before, but man, I was still excited to see what was going to happen next. I really wish that the later seasons would have had this kind of quality.

This post has been edited by Janos: Apr 9th 2005, 2:53 AM
+Quote Post
Jack.go.marry.Sam!
post Jul 29th 2005, 7:31 AM
Post #59

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,651

first of all:
would everyone here who starts a discussion about events happening in stargate episodes make sure he/she actually watches all the episodes, or at least keeps track of the events happening???
there is no point in starting a discussion if you are not informed..

someone asked why Cronus didnt help in earth defense against Anubis in the episode 'the lost city'
well Cronus couldnt help because he was long dead! SG1 killed him in the episode 'double jeopardy'

As for the treaty, yes we did see other planets under the Asgard treaty and even saw the Asgards defend other planets. We saw that in 'thor's chariot' when the Asgard kicked Heru-ur's ass. And again the treaty was mention in the episodes 'red sky' and 'failsafe', it was mentioned that the Asgard cant help the planets when they are threaten by natural disasters..

As for Carter being able to use goauld devices and stuff... first of all this is a serie, they have to move on with the stories, you cant expect the writers to dwell on a certain storyline forever.. so they more or less dropped the whole Carter/tok'ra thing and moved on... dont forget that a lot of things go on offscreen, as often mentioned in interviews or audio commentaries.. so nowadays when Carter steps on a planet and there is a goauld near by, lets just asume that she can sense it, we dont need to hear that from her.. here we have to use our imagination..
or lets just assume that sometimes Carter uses the healing device to heal her friends offscreen..
of course i wouldnt mind a mention of her abilities in later seasons, they didnt have to drop it alltogether..

As for her using the device, like others said, i think it is very hard for her to control those devices (hand device and healing device) and i think that is the main reason she doesnt use them, you cant have a weapon like that in the field...
and we do see her using the healing device again when she tries healing daniel but fails.. again that shows how hard it is for her to control those devices..
it was also said in the episode 'thors chariot' that Kendra, who was a former goauld host (mention in 'thors hammer') had a hard time controlling those devices, it took her years..
i also thing it depends on the injury.. Carter could probably heal Cronus because his injuries were caused by a goa'uld probably with some goa'uld device..
And the radiation poisening Daniel had was totally different

As for the promotion part.. i once heard that it takes longer for a promotion to come the higher in rank you get..
maybe that is why only Carter was promoted but not O'Neill, it is also possible that O'Neill was still too young to become a general.. I think that he got promoted quite fast to colonel because of his special training and special deeds he did for the country..
of course it is also possible that O'Neill just refused the promotion this time....
+Quote Post
starryeyes
post Nov 19th 2005, 8:03 AM
Post #60

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,982

QUOTE(Jack.go.marry.Sam! @ Jul 29th 2005, 8:31 AM)
first of all:
would everyone here who starts a discussion about events happening in stargate episodes make sure he/she actually watches all the episodes, or at least keeps track of the events happening???
there is no point in starting a discussion if you are not informed..

someone asked why Cronus didnt help in earth defense against Anubis in the episode 'the lost city'
well Cronus couldnt help because he was long dead! SG1 killed him in the episode 'double jeopardy'

Because of the newbies on this board, I didn't think we could discuss future episodes but only events that occurred in past episodes.
Going thru these episodes quickly and for the first time, some details might get missed. I think that's only natural, don't you think.

I loved the fact that the Asgard choose O'Neill to represent earth in the negoitations. What were they thinking? 1.gif
Good episode especially second time around.

This post has been edited by starryeyes: Nov 19th 2005, 8:04 AM
+Quote Post
Asgardian
post Dec 5th 2005, 1:38 AM
Post #61

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,613

I also liked this episode but I didn't know that that gun that the Tokra gave the SGC which could see those invisible creatures (bug-like things with the energy guns attached to their hand) could see any invisible being, or can they? dry.gif
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Dec 5th 2005, 5:22 AM
Post #62

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(Asgardian @ Dec 5th 2005, 6:38 AM)
I also liked this episode but I didn't know that that gun that the Tokra gave the SGC which could see those invisible creatures (bug-like things with the energy guns attached to their hand) could see any invisible being, or can they? dry.gif

Obviously they can because we saw they did. Both the Reetou and Nirrti were out of phase, therefore making them invisible, and the TERs allowed those that used them to see whoever was invisible.
+Quote Post
blackbelt83
post Dec 26th 2005, 12:48 AM
Post #63

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,345

QUOTE(Bowley @ Aug 6th 2004, 10:42 AM)

Nirty- The ugly one

I agree I dont think nirty Got the best host she could have done better

I did like this episode oniell learns from the asgard how to deal with the gaould I was worried in the begining about them losing the stargate. also this was the first episode you find out about tealcs father and I thought that was cool
+Quote Post
SGCforever
post Jan 30th 2006, 8:57 AM
Post #64

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,990

Overall, I must say I enjoyed this episode, even though it mostly took place on earth. This was certainly one of the more important episodes though, with the whole system lord treaty, I thought that was pretty big. I also found it funny that the SGC had all their rooms decorated. Why is it that there needs to be burning torches in the room? what happened to maybe a fireplace, or something like that haha? Anyways, another notch in the stargate belt that drags me deeper into the Stargate Universe. Oh, and grats to Carter for making Major. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
manfromdownunder
post Sep 21st 2006, 1:08 AM
Post #65

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,666

This one of my favorite episodes, I adore diplomacy, especially when it comes from Jack.
It set up other episodes in future which included the Asgard treaty.
4 out of 5
+Quote Post
GhozT
post Feb 6th 2007, 10:57 AM
Post #66

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,208

Ok, the 1 thing that annoys me about this episode is that, why didn't O'neill get a promotion? hes saved the world alot too. Or is it maybe because if he was promoted to General he wouldn't have been able to command SG-1 anymore? Because Hammond and lots of other people want to keep him in command of SG-1 to save the world a few more times? 1.gif
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Feb 6th 2007, 11:38 AM
Post #67

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(GhozT @ Feb 6th 2007, 3:57 PM) *
Ok, the 1 thing that annoys me about this episode is that, why didn't O'neill get a promotion? hes saved the world alot too. Or is it maybe because if he was promoted to General he wouldn't have been able to command SG-1 anymore? Because Hammond and lots of other people want to keep him in command of SG-1 to save the world a few more times?
A couple of reasons:
1. Like you said, if he was promoted to Brigadier General, it is unlikely he would have remained in command of SG-1.
2. An officer has to serve a set amount of time at a rank before he/she can be considered for promotion. We don't know how long Jack as been a Colonel so it is likely he hadn't served as a Colonel for long enough to be eligable for promotion.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 1st 2014 - 7:22 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.