Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> About this area

The loitering zone is for discussions about things other than Stargate. Please use the appropriate section when posting, and be sure to read the forum rules.

Loitering Zone Index: Off Topic Chatter | TV, Movies & Music | Computer Talk | Sports Talk | Forum Games

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NFL Pick 'Em, Make your selections...
usmctech99
post Sep 16th 2007, 5:27 AM
Post #1

SILENCE!!!! I Kill you!
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 9,693

Me and a couple friends at work have decided to start our own NFL Pick 'Em (don't ask why we didn't start last week whistling.gif) and we'd like to get a few more players.

The rules:

1) Every week I'll pick 3 NFL games (you can also suggest games each week), and each player will try to predict the final score of each game (overtime does not matter, final is final)

2) Because everyone is trying to select winners for the same three games, each Predicted Score will be compared to the corresponding Actual Score and the differences (absolute values) will be added together to get a Variance which will be the tie-breaker at the end of the season, the lower your Variance the better.
2a) If you manage to predict all three games perfectly, 20 points will be deducted from your Variance.

3) During the playoffs, we will predict all 11 games. (4 Wild Card, 4 Divisional, 2 Conference, Super Bowl)

4) Picks must be either emailed to me (private message), or posted here by kickoff of the earliest game selected. You can also change your picks up to that same start time.

5) This is a friendly competition, no gambling or prizes, just bragging rights.

6) I will post the results each week on my website and provide a link no later than Noon MDT each Monday, unless the Monday night game is selected, in which case the results will be posted by Noon MDT Tuesday.

Example of what an individual week may look like (these are my actual picks this week):
IPB Image
In this example, I missed Denver's and Oakland's scores by 3 points each, Detroit's and Minnesota's by 4 points each, and New England's and San Diego's by 14 points each, 3+3+4+4+14+14=6+8+28=42, but I selected the correct winner twice, so my record for the week is 2-1.

This weeks games are:
Minnesota @ Detroit 4:05 EDT
Oakland @ Denver 4:15 EDT
San Diego @ New England 8:15 EDT

Picks must be in by 4:05 pm EDT. (The scheduled start time for the Min/Det game)

Obviously this is very short notice, but I'm hoping a couple people will be interested. I can either use your screenname or, if you prefer, your first name, no last names please. Any questions, just ask.

This post has been edited by usmctech99: Sep 16th 2007, 6:58 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
usmctech99
post Sep 19th 2007, 1:03 AM
Post #2

SILENCE!!!! I Kill you!
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 9,693

Well since no one decided to join I didn't post the 1st week's results between the 7 of us that work together... I'll keep checking for people who want to join for another couple weeks, but after week 3 (week 4 of the NFL season) we won't be adding anyone new.

I won't post the Week 2 or Week 3 games either, unless someone on the forum decides to join.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 21st 2014 - 3:00 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.